- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Community cuisine 2/13/03
Business breakfast with Jackson Chamber
The Jackson Chamber of Commerce will hold a business breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Friday at Reflections Restaurant in Jackson, 532 W. Main St.
Questions about the Missouri Chamber Care program will be answered. Call the chamber at 243-8131 for more information.
Chili and chicken noodle soup dinner in Scott City
A chili and chicken noodle soup dinner, including dessert and drink, will be held at Eisleben Lutheran Church in Scott City from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Feb. 19. Adult tickets are $4.50, children 6 to 12, $2.50, kids under six eat free.
Proceeds will go toward Grounds Committee and Ladies Aid.
Chili and stew supper set for Feb. 22 at church
Zion United Methodist Church in Old Appleton, Mo., will hold chili and stew supper from 4 to 8 p.m. Feb. 22. The menu will include chili, stew, vegetables, dessert, drinks and cornbread. Carryouts will be available. The cost is $5 and children under 6 eat free.
Pancake and sausage breakfast planned Feb. 22
Serving from 6 a.m. to 11 a.m. Feb. 22, the Perkins Volunteer Fire Department will hold an all-you-can-eat pancake and sausage breakfast in Perkins, Mo.
A 27-inch TV will be given away. Adults eat for $4, children 6 to 12 $3, and children under 6 eat free.
Euchre tournament in Scott City March 1
The St. Joseph H & S Euchre Tournament will be held March 1 at St. Joseph in Scott City.
Tickets are $8 and include a BBQ meal. The social hour is from 6 to 7 p.m., followed by the tournament at 7:30 p.m.
-- From staff reports