- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Alma H. Wood, 92, of Perryville died Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Nov. 8, 1910, at McBride, Mo., daughter of Frank Charles and Mary Emma Yeager Hoffman. She and Perry A. Wood were married June 2, 1930. He died Aug. 16, 1997.
Wood worked at a shoe factory 20 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include a son, George Wood of Alexandria, Va.; two daughters, Rhonda Buchheit of Biehle, Mo., Carol Moegle of St. Louis; two sisters, Melba Cissell and Eileen Wingerter of Perryville; 23 grandchildren; 26 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded by a son and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Friday, and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 a.m. The wake service will be at 7 p.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Norbert Wood, a grandson, officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.