- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
The funeral for Pearly Prince of Jackson will be held at 1 p.m. today at McDaniel Funeral Home in Kennett, Mo. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery at Kennett.
Prince, 90, died Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2003, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 21, 1912, in East Bernstadt, Ky., daughter of George Washington and Margaret Copeland McNew. She and LeRoy Prince were married July 4, 1932, at Kennett, Mo. He died Nov. 14, 1965.
Survivors include three sons, Frank Prince of Jackson, Jerry Prince of Mobile, Ala., Bobby Prince of Crystal City, Mo.; three daughters, Ethel Jackson of Kennett, Barbara Chambliss of Jackson, Eva Foster of Joliet, Ill.; numerous grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and two sisters.