- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ULLIN, Ill. -- Kenneth Kesler, 76, of Ullin died Tuesday, Feb. 11, 2003, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Jan. 26, 1927, in Ullin, son of Lionel and Elsie Sheffer Kesler. He and Virginia Sydenstricker were married Jan. 6, 1946. She died April 1, 1996.
Kesler was a retired ironworker. He was mayor of Ullin 20 years. He was a member of VFW Post 8891 in Mounds, Ill.
Survivors include two grandsons, Trent Kesler of Ullin and Brent Kesler of Villa Ridge, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his wife, parents, a son, and a brother.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Ullin from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Thursday until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Martin officiating. Burial will be in Ullin Cemetery, with military rites by VFW Post 8891.