- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Roger Rutherford, 58, of Eugene, Ore., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2003, in Eugene.
He was born Jan. 22, 1945, in Buhl, Idaho, the son of Lloyd and Kathleen Walpole Rutherford. He first married Pat Shorthouse in Twin Falls, Idaho, in 1966. He then married Mary Foster in Cape Girardeau on June 24, 1994.
He served in the U.S. Army. He was a sales representative for Nestle, retiring last year. He was a member of Grace Lutheran Church. He also lived in Boise, Idaho, Twin Falls and Bountiful, Utah.
Survivors include his wife; his mother of Buhl; two sons, Rick Rutherford and Randy Rutherford, both of Salt Lake City, Utah; a stepdaughter, Kendra Foster of Athens, Ga.; two sisters, Carol Cox of Meridian, Idaho, and Beulah Young of Boise, Idaho; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Musgrove Family Mortuary in Eugene.
Services will be at 11 a .m. Wednesday at Grace Lutheran Church.
Burial will be in Bountiful.