- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Stellene V. Carroll, 83, of Sikeston died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston.
She was born June 18, 1919, in Essex, Mo., daughter of James Edward and Gertie Holt Babb. She first married George Downen, who preceded her in death in 1948. She later married Lewis Carroll, who preceded her in death on Oct. 11, 1988.
She had been a waitress and cook at the Ramada Inn in Sikeston. She was a member of the Church of God.
She is survived by a sister, Erma Manion of St. Louis; a granddaughter; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sons and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel with the Rev. Larry Davis officiating.
Burial will be at Bluff Cemetery at Idalia, Mo.