- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Violet Louise Stone, 80, of Paducah, Ky., died Saturday, Feb. 8, 2003, at Lourdes Hospital in Paducah.
She was born May 25, 1922, in Medina, Tenn., daughter of Hugh and Elizabeth Todd Shands. She and Robert Marshall were married Nov. 12, 1938. He died Oct. 18, 1959. She and Joe Stone were married April 18, 1960. He died June 24, 2001.
Formerly of East Prairie and Bertrand, Mo., she had lived in Paducah the past seven years.
Survivors include three sons, Charles Marshall of Peoria, Ariz., Donald Marshall of Cape Girardeau, Glen Marshall of Jackson; a daughter, Mary Boyer of Paducah; a brother, James Shands of East Prairie; 13 grandchildren; 24 great-grandchildren; and 10 great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Shelby Funeral Home in East Prairie after 6 p.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with Bill Meeks officiating. Burial will be in Odd Fellows Cemetery.