- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Bertha G. Holke, 104, of Perryville died Monday, Feb. 10, 2003, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Feb. 28, 1898, at Friedheim, Mo., daughter of John L. and Matilda Haupt Grossheider. She and H.J. Holke were married June 3, 1917.
Holke worked at International Shoe Co. from 1925 to 1947, and was a domestic cook from 1947 until retiring in 1964. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church, Concordia Ladies Aid, Lutheran Women's Missionary League, and Berean Bible Class.
Survivors include a daughter, Viola McNew of Perryville; two granddaughters; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her husband and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home after 8 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Craig Otto will officiate. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.