- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
EAST CAPE GIRARDEAU, Ill. -- William "Jack" Earley, 85, of Peoria, Ill., died Sunday, Feb. 9, 2003, at Methodist Medical Center in Peoria.
He was born July 30, 1917, at Morehouse, Mo., son of Charles and Gertrude Brown Earley. He and Juanita A. Bush were married Oct. 13, 1946, in Cairo, Ill. She died March 14, 2000.
Earley was formerly of East Cape Girardeau. He was a member of Bethany Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He served as an administrator with the Army before retiring.
Survivors include a daughter, Rhoda Quick of Glendale, Calif.; a son, Charles Earley of Peoria; and four grandchildren.
Friends may call at Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo after 9 a.m. Friday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home. The Rev. Donny Ford will officiate. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill., with military honors conducted by Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 of Mounds, Ill.