- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Kohlfeld, Ford & Sons receive top honors
Every year, the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce honors individuals and businesses for their service to the community and for the passion and enthusiasm they exhibit.
This year, Mike Kohlfeld and Ford & Sons Funeral Home were recognized during the annual chamber dinner.
Kohlfeld became the 15th recipient of the Rush H. Limbaugh Award. Ford & Sons was recognized with the Small Business of the Year Award.
Both are highly deserving of these prestigious awards.
Kohlfeld, president of Kohlfeld Distributing Inc., has shown a level of commitment to Cape Girardeau and this area that is near legendary. His list of community service is almost as big as his heart, which he put on display during a touching speech after receiving the award. He has served diligently on countless community boards. His community leadership is a great benefit to Cape Girardeau.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is also highly deserving. The Ford family has been in the funeral business in Cape Girardeau since 1949 and exemplifies excellence. The business emphasizes community involvement at every level and heavily sponsors American Legion baseball.
Kohlfeld and Ford & Sons are both success stories and should inspire everyone in business, showing that there's more to life than the bottom line.