- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Kohlfeld, Ford & Sons receive top honors
Every year, the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce honors individuals and businesses for their service to the community and for the passion and enthusiasm they exhibit.
This year, Mike Kohlfeld and Ford & Sons Funeral Home were recognized during the annual chamber dinner.
Kohlfeld became the 15th recipient of the Rush H. Limbaugh Award. Ford & Sons was recognized with the Small Business of the Year Award.
Both are highly deserving of these prestigious awards.
Kohlfeld, president of Kohlfeld Distributing Inc., has shown a level of commitment to Cape Girardeau and this area that is near legendary. His list of community service is almost as big as his heart, which he put on display during a touching speech after receiving the award. He has served diligently on countless community boards. His community leadership is a great benefit to Cape Girardeau.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is also highly deserving. The Ford family has been in the funeral business in Cape Girardeau since 1949 and exemplifies excellence. The business emphasizes community involvement at every level and heavily sponsors American Legion baseball.
Kohlfeld and Ford & Sons are both success stories and should inspire everyone in business, showing that there's more to life than the bottom line.