- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Team officials have apprised all three known candidates up for the San Francisco 49ers head coaching vacancy that a decision will be made by the end of the week, ESPN.com has learned. No more definitive timetable was offered to the three candidates -- defensive coordinators Jim Mora Jr. of San Francisco, Ted Cottrell of the Jets and Greg Blache of the Bears -- nor were they informed about any other potential candidates to succeed Steve Mariucci. All three known candidates had second interviews last week.
Rod Bryden's bid to buy back the Ottawa Senators was accepted by the team's creditors but still must be approved by the court. Bryden's offer is believed to be worth more than $130 million, and he said he was optimistic the court would agree to the deal. He said the sale will make the team debt free.
Jeff Gordon's divorce case spilled over to the race track when attorneys for his wife tried to subpoena several car owners at Daytona International Speedway. NASCAR officials did not allow process servers into the track. Most of the top teams have been subpoenaed at their home offices in the past month, and all have refused to open their books to Brooke Gordon and her lawyers.
NBC's Jay Leno, on why his network decided to televise Arena Football League games: "Because we couldn't afford donkey basketball."
On the air
College men's basketballMichigan St. at Wisconsin, 6 p.m., ESPN
Western Michigarn at Eastern Michigarn, 7 p.m., FOX-Midwest
St. John's at Villanova, 8 p.m., ESPN2
Georgia at Kentucky, 8 p.m., ESPN
High school boys' basketballKennett at Notre Dame, 7 p.m., KAPE-1550
Central at Jackson, 7 p.m., KREZ-104.7, KCGQ-99.3
Dexter at Bell City, 7 p.m., KBHI-107.1
MotorsportsWinston Cup practice, 11 a.m., SPEED
Craftsman Truck Series qualifying, 2 p.m., SPEED
High school boys' basketballCentral at Jackson, 7:30 p.m.
Kennett at Notre Dame, 7:30 p.m.
Perryville at Herculaneum, 7:30 p.m.
Festus at St. Vincent, 7:30 p.m.
Dexter at Bell City, 7:30 p.m.
Oak Ridge at Meadow Heights, 7:30 p.m.
Sikeston at Oran, 7:30 p.m.
Woodland at Advance, 7:30 p.m.
Kelly at Scott City, 8 p.m.
High school girls' basketball
Kelly at Chaffee, 7:30 p.m.