- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Ray J. Kuhl, 77, of Anna died Thursday, Feb. 6, 2003, at the home of his sister.
He was born Dec. 26, 1925, in Tamaroa, Ill., son of Albert J. and Lulu Doolin Kuhl. He and Maureen Bernhill were married Feb. 20, 1976, in Peoria, Ill. She died Oct. 16, 1982.
Kuhl was a horse trainer. He was a life member of VFW Post 513 and American Legion Post 0647, both in DuQuoin, Ill.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include a sister, Virginia Skelton of Mt. Vernon, Ill., and a brother, Dale Kuhl of Largo, Fla.
He was preceded in death by a sister and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 1 p.m. Sunday.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.