- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Zoeller disqualified in his senior debut
Fuzzy Zoeller teed it up too many times Friday at the Royal Caribbean Classic.
Zoeller shot a 1-over 73 in the opening round of the first full-field senior event, but was later disqualified when he hit three shots while filming a segment for a local television station.
After he was finished with his round, Zoeller spent an hour giving golf instruction to a television reporter. When the cameraman said he wanted to film the ball being hit at full speed, Zoeller hit three balls off the No. 6 tee, deliberately putting them into the lake.
PGA Tour officials saw Zoeller and disqualified him. Tour rules say competitors cannot practice on the course between rounds.
Zoeller could not be reached for comment. He would have been in 36th place heading into the second round.-- AP