- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Marble Hill pair chosen for Points of Light honor
WASHINGTON -- Brian and Jo Ann Barrett of Marble Hill, Mo., were selected the Daily Points of Light for Monday.
The award is given by The Points of Light Foundation and Volunteer Center National Network in partnership with the Knights of Columbus and the Corporation of National Service. It honors those who made a commitment to connect Americans through service to help meet critical needs in their communities, especially those focused on children.
The Barretts volunteer their time, talents and money to Girl Scouts of Otahki Council, Mississippi Valley Therapeutic Horsemanship, Notre Dame High School and St. Vincent de Paul School.
President George W. Bush and former president George Bush have endorsed the Daily Points of Light Award, and each will send a congratulatory letter to the Barretts.