- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Edward "Cotton" Sadler, 75, of Chaffee died at 6 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 30, 2003, at Missouri Delta Medical Center in Sikeston, Mo.
Cotton was born Feb. 5, 1927, in Chaffee, son of Monroe Cecil and Ada Belle Roberts Sadler. He and Maureen Barlow were married Oct. 9, 1948.
Cotton and Maureen owned and operated Sadler's Cleaners in Chaffee several years. In 1984 he retired as a construction worker with Local 282 in Cape Girardeau.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a cook first class on a ship.
Survivors include his wife; children, Danny and Barbara Sadler of Chaffee, JoAnn and Dennis Hunter of East Cape Girardeau, Ill., Linda Sadler and Jim Bevel of Wappapello, Mo., Herman and Donna Sadler of Chaffee, Edward and Tanya Sadler of Chaffee, Cathy and John Miskell of Jackson.
Brothers, Doyle "Woody" and Virgie Sadler of Cape Girardeau, Donald and Dorothy Sadler of Cape Girardeau, Norval and Betty Sadler of St. Louis, Harlan and Charlotte Sadler of Chaffee, Jerry and Karen Sadler of Marietta, Ga.; sisters-in-law, Euna Faye Barlow Schoelhamer and Mike Schoelhamer of Chaffee, Peggy Barlow of Chaffee, Millie Barlow of Doniphan, Mo., and Alene Barlow of Chaffee.
Grandchildren, Debbie and Doug Ellis, Jenine and Phil Pierce, Cindy and Tony Garcia, Kim and Jason Smith, Josh Hunter and Cheryl Eiler, Tony and Patti Matthews, Bobby and Petra Matthews, Stephanie and Brian Dennis, Mike and Angela Sadler, Jason and NiCole Sadler, Marc Sadler and Courtnie Harris, Chris VanPelt, Billy VanPelt and Megan Beggs, Andy Sadler and Wanda Pobst, Justin Sadler, Christy Miskell, Kassi Jo Littlepage and Blake Littlepage.
Great-grandchildren, Jason Ellis, Teresa Ellis, Gabe Bentley, Ashley Bentley, Casey Garcia, Cale Garcia, Elizabeth Garcia, Gregory Smith, Dylan Smith, Cheyenne Hunter, Heather Batten, Samantha Matthews, Ashleigh Matthews, Sabina Matthews, Hannah Matthews, Sophie Matthews, David Dennis, Zachary Watkins, Eric Dennis, Pierce Watkins, Anna Sadler, Brooklyn Sadler, Garrett Sadler, Miranda Sadler, Jaxon VanPelt, Mallory VanPelt; two great-great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by a grandson, Mark Johnson.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Vyron Yount officiating, assisted by the Rev. Nathan Blagg. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery at Chaffee.