- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Internet options are less costly under new plan
To the editor:
In your Jan. 30 article "Cost-cutting plan by SBC upsets frequent dialers," you reference a man who is complaining about the plan change. He states he is paying $100 a year for Internet service and $34.99 a month for the Local Plus plan. That comes to $519.88 a year.
If he had a local Internet service, he wouldn't need the Local Plus plan and could save $219.88 a year. Plus, $300 a year is not completely accurate. SBC offers a dial-up Internet plan for $21.95 a month, which equals $263.40 a year. His actual savings would be $256.48 if he dropped the Local Plus and used a local Internet provider.