- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Internet options are less costly under new plan
To the editor:
In your Jan. 30 article "Cost-cutting plan by SBC upsets frequent dialers," you reference a man who is complaining about the plan change. He states he is paying $100 a year for Internet service and $34.99 a month for the Local Plus plan. That comes to $519.88 a year.
If he had a local Internet service, he wouldn't need the Local Plus plan and could save $219.88 a year. Plus, $300 a year is not completely accurate. SBC offers a dial-up Internet plan for $21.95 a month, which equals $263.40 a year. His actual savings would be $256.48 if he dropped the Local Plus and used a local Internet provider.