- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Internet options are less costly under new plan
To the editor:
In your Jan. 30 article "Cost-cutting plan by SBC upsets frequent dialers," you reference a man who is complaining about the plan change. He states he is paying $100 a year for Internet service and $34.99 a month for the Local Plus plan. That comes to $519.88 a year.
If he had a local Internet service, he wouldn't need the Local Plus plan and could save $219.88 a year. Plus, $300 a year is not completely accurate. SBC offers a dial-up Internet plan for $21.95 a month, which equals $263.40 a year. His actual savings would be $256.48 if he dropped the Local Plus and used a local Internet provider.