- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- Cape city, civic leaders unveil downtown trolley service (7/14/17)6
- Park official: 5-year-old girl nearly drowns at Cape Splash, taken to hospital (7/12/17)4
- Business notebook: Jackson boutique has regional roots in retail (7/17/17)
It is our duty to support those in the military
To the editor:
In response to the article "Rally to support troops puts focus on U.S. flag": I'm a friend of Donna Sternickle. I knew her when she was an Army wife at Fort Stewart, Ga., and attended our church. She has always been a driving force in the support of our troops and our country. It is good to know that she has not changed in making people aware of what our country is all about.
I was an Army wife for 28 years and served proudly alongside my husband in good times and in bad when he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Jenny Harkey knows that it takes a special person to be the wife of a soldier. My husband died of a service-connected cause, but I still believe in supporting our troops. They took an oath to defend our country. It is our duty to support them. We may not believe in what is going on in the world right now, but we can't turn our backs on those who are defending our freedom.
Donna, keep up the good work.