- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
It is our duty to support those in the military
To the editor:
In response to the article "Rally to support troops puts focus on U.S. flag": I'm a friend of Donna Sternickle. I knew her when she was an Army wife at Fort Stewart, Ga., and attended our church. She has always been a driving force in the support of our troops and our country. It is good to know that she has not changed in making people aware of what our country is all about.
I was an Army wife for 28 years and served proudly alongside my husband in good times and in bad when he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Jenny Harkey knows that it takes a special person to be the wife of a soldier. My husband died of a service-connected cause, but I still believe in supporting our troops. They took an oath to defend our country. It is our duty to support them. We may not believe in what is going on in the world right now, but we can't turn our backs on those who are defending our freedom.
Donna, keep up the good work.