- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
It is our duty to support those in the military
To the editor:
In response to the article "Rally to support troops puts focus on U.S. flag": I'm a friend of Donna Sternickle. I knew her when she was an Army wife at Fort Stewart, Ga., and attended our church. She has always been a driving force in the support of our troops and our country. It is good to know that she has not changed in making people aware of what our country is all about.
I was an Army wife for 28 years and served proudly alongside my husband in good times and in bad when he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Jenny Harkey knows that it takes a special person to be the wife of a soldier. My husband died of a service-connected cause, but I still believe in supporting our troops. They took an oath to defend our country. It is our duty to support them. We may not believe in what is going on in the world right now, but we can't turn our backs on those who are defending our freedom.
Donna, keep up the good work.