- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
It is our duty to support those in the military
To the editor:
In response to the article "Rally to support troops puts focus on U.S. flag": I'm a friend of Donna Sternickle. I knew her when she was an Army wife at Fort Stewart, Ga., and attended our church. She has always been a driving force in the support of our troops and our country. It is good to know that she has not changed in making people aware of what our country is all about.
I was an Army wife for 28 years and served proudly alongside my husband in good times and in bad when he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Jenny Harkey knows that it takes a special person to be the wife of a soldier. My husband died of a service-connected cause, but I still believe in supporting our troops. They took an oath to defend our country. It is our duty to support them. We may not believe in what is going on in the world right now, but we can't turn our backs on those who are defending our freedom.
Donna, keep up the good work.