- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
It is our duty to support those in the military
To the editor:
In response to the article "Rally to support troops puts focus on U.S. flag": I'm a friend of Donna Sternickle. I knew her when she was an Army wife at Fort Stewart, Ga., and attended our church. She has always been a driving force in the support of our troops and our country. It is good to know that she has not changed in making people aware of what our country is all about.
I was an Army wife for 28 years and served proudly alongside my husband in good times and in bad when he was a prisoner of war in Vietnam. Jenny Harkey knows that it takes a special person to be the wife of a soldier. My husband died of a service-connected cause, but I still believe in supporting our troops. They took an oath to defend our country. It is our duty to support them. We may not believe in what is going on in the world right now, but we can't turn our backs on those who are defending our freedom.
Donna, keep up the good work.