- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Business memo 01/27/03
Eastman Kodak to cut 3 percent of work force
ROCHESTER, N.Y. -- Photography icon Eastman Kodak Co. said last week it will cut another 1,800 to 2,200 jobs, or about 3 percent of its global work force.
The cuts were announced as the world's largest photography company reported a profit for the fourth quarter that fell short of Wall Street's expectations and its chairman cautioned that economic conditions looked tough for the year ahead.
Its shares declined more than 10 percent.
Kodak earned $113 million, or 39 cents a share, in the fourth quarter compared with a loss of $206 million, or 71 cents a share, a year earlier.
Pfizer profits soar 46 percent in fourth quarter
NEW YORK -- Driven by strong sales of key products, Pfizer Inc. said Wednesday its fourth-quarter profits soared 46 percent, narrowly beating Wall Street estimates.
The world's largest drug company earned $2.86 billion, or 46 cents a share, in the October-December period, up from $1.96 billion, or 32 cents a share, a year earlier.
Excluding merger-related costs, accounting changes and other items, Pfizer earned $2.94 billion, or 48 cents a share, a penny a share above the consensus estimate of analysts surveyed by Thomson First Call.
-- From wire reports