[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 85°F  
River stage: 33.77 ft. Rising
Friday, July 11, 2014

Stories from Saturday, October 20, 2012

Missing Man flyover honors Maj. Garrett Wayne Knowlan (10/20/12)
Three F16 jets from Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. fly over Jackson City Park Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012 after flying a missing man formation in honor of Maj. Garrett Wayne Knowlan over Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson. Knowlan, who was based at Eglin, died Oct. 11 while participating in a water survival training exercise in Pensacola, Fla. (Fred Lynch)...
Today in History (10/20/12)
Today is Saturday, Oct. 20, the 294th day of 2012. There are 72 days left in the year. Today's Highlight in History: On Oct. 20, 2011, Moammar Gadhafi, 69, Libya's dictator for 42 years, was killed as revolutionary fighters overwhelmed his hometown of Sirte and captured the last major bastion of resistance two months after his regime fell...
Out of the past 10/20/12 (10/20/12)
Agreement by city and state officials on funding has paved the way for improvements to be made to the Kingshighway-Independence Street intersection; the City Council has agreed to finance 75 percent of the cost of the intersection-widening project from the city's allocation of Federal Aid Urban funds; the state will pay the remaining 25 percent of the cost...
October 2012
Sun
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat

Browse full calendar