The Oliver House in Jackson

Saturday, May 19, 2018
Fred Lynch ~ Southeast Missourian

The Oliver House, 224 East Adams St. in Jackson, was restored by the Jackson Heritage Association. Missouri State Senator Robert Burett Oliver and his wife, Marie Watkins Oliver, purchased the house in 1881. Marie Oliver, known as the "Betsy Ross of Missouri," designed and sewed the first Missouri state flag.