Speak Out: More success in the war on terror....

Posted by manning on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 10:36 AM:

1 down, a million more to go. Keep up the good fight boys!

Replies (22)

• Seventh time's a charm?

-- Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 11:37 AM
  • Has anybody else seen the reports of the ACLU seeking legal action against the military for using drones?

If it is true how can this happen? A American legal group taking action against the U.S. Military on behalf of a terrorist group?????

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 12:57 PM
  • Air,

I think that is the way war is waged in the Politcally Correct Era.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 1:01 PM
  • Why does the ACLU have a need to know. If they know and publish the information, the enemy will know.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 2:10 PM
  • Ike,

No link, I saw it on the news.

-- Posted by Airborne 95B on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 3:08 PM
  • Remember all you Rush fans that the ACLU defended Rush when he had his drug problems with the justice system or as Sarah would say "The Dept of Law".

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 4:47 PM
  • "National security information isn't not always subject to FOIA requests."-- Posted by Ike on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 3:23 PM

Huh? Please rephrase this for clarity of thought.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 4:54 PM
  • Here's something that should make manning happy...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100214/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan

13 down, 999,987 more to go right?

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 2:23 PM
  • Yep Lumpy, the military will probably call them "freedom deaths." You see, in military logic sometimes civilian women and children have to die in order to save them. After all, if we just kill enough civilians, then maybe the surviving civilians will start loving us like they ought to do.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 3:10 PM
  • Do I understand the new policy is reintegrate the enemy back into society? Sounds kind of like routing a fox from his den under the chicken house and putting him in the chicken house.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 3:16 PM
  • Do I understand the new policy is reintegrate the enemy back into society?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 3:16 PM

Will that work as well as the current parole situation does with the prison population?

Does every enemy combatant get a parole officer when reintergrated?

Once this is working well, we can set up a witness protection program also and relocate some of them. I can see the headlines... Coming soon to a town near you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 4:51 PM
  • IW,

Did you hear about "our boy" Glenn Beck slamming Debra Medina last week? What a ******* lapdog Beck is.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 6:42 PM
  • I did Lumpy. Glenn Beck was put on FOX to act like he is against the New world Order banker backed politicians. He in actuality is there to ensure that they are re-elected by running interference against the decent challengers like Medina. Beck is a masterful propaganda artist. In fact the whole FOX Network (like all the other networks) is government propaganda.

By the way Lumpy did you realize that FOX is the only word in the English language that translates to 666? F=the 6th letter in the alphabet O=the 15th letter 1+5=6 and X is the 24th letter 2+4=6

666. FOX=666 I don't believe in a literal devil, but I do believe in evil demonic forces and FOX is an evil "programming" channel. Glenn Beck is a very wicked evil spell-binding man. Another wolf in sheep's clothing.

The good news is that Debra Medina raised more money than ever after GB did his hatchet job on her. Rick Perry and KBH are scared to death about the truth telling Medina.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Sun, Feb 14, 2010, at 8:43 PM
  • Yep Not Me. I used to listen to Rush way back 20 something years ago when he first started and usually agreed with him. Same with Hannity. But I think what happens is that when they get so famous and get such a huge following and credibility with the common folk, they get commandeered by the big boys at the top and then sell out in order to stay on the air. Their fans give them the benefit of the doubt instead of holding them accountable. Those multi-million dollar contracts are hard to relinquish, so their integrity goes out the window. I don't trust any of the main stream talkers.

Sure they still throw the folks some red meat time to time, but they stop short of really going after the heart of the evil system. Air America and their ilk did the same thing for the people on the left. Both camps want to make everything a left vs. right fight instead of both sides fighting the real evil at the top. It makes good theater.

The FOX thing is a bit weird but interesting just the same. I'm not a numerologist and don't really believe in it, but was sent that in an e-mail from a friend who is. She does send me some pretty cool stuff with numbers and math equations that make me think.

-- Posted by Thought Criminal on Mon, Feb 15, 2010, at 12:29 AM
  • Good Lord, H&D. Nuke your own country? The very thought is obscene!

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 11:01 AM
  • Too many South American anchovies will do that to a person.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 12:40 PM
  • Lumpy-

I do not take joy in the killing of innocent civilians, nor do I condone it. Everyone makes mistakes. My main point is that our men and women oversees need our support, whether you agree with the war or not. Also, it didn't seem to bother Al Queda or the Taliban to kill thousands of innocent people. When Afganistan and Pakistan finally take a stand to out the terrorist cells that they allow to hide within their country, large steps will finally be able to be taken. Until then, we fight door to door.

-- Posted by manning on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 3:37 PM
  • manning,

Forgive me. I misinterpreted your "one down; a million more to go" quote at the top of this thread. I did not realize that the al-Queda / Taliban organization had such a large membership - seems like they would be easier to find.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 4:55 PM
  • Lumpy-

Understand something. I highly respect your intellect as well as your candor. Your opinions are generally based upon factual information, yet sometimes the source may be debatable. lol All in all, you will, and have seen, that I have a passion for the United States Military Forces and what they do for this country. Although some may not believe in the cause they are fighting for, they are in fact, fighting for our country and therefor have earned our respect.

-- Posted by manning on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 5:59 PM
  • I think I'm with Old John....The anchovies must have got to him.

-- Posted by manning on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 6:19 PM
  • Not me-

I used to logon and watch in the past. I just recently decided to join the conversation. I really enjoy and like the opinions of most, but couldn;t keep my mouth shut when it came to that.

I appreciate the suggestion and will attempt to take the advice. LOL

-- Posted by manning on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 6:35 PM
  • H&D, you honestly expect me to read your long diatribes?

See if you can boil your thoughts down to two paragraphs containing one sentence each so more people will read what you say..

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Feb 17, 2010, at 9:29 PM

Respond to this thread