Speak Out: GOP likes the Stimulus!

Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 11:48 AM:

He and other lawmakers make no apologies for privately seeking stimulus money after they voted against it and continue to criticize the plan: "I strongly opposed the stimulus, but the only thing that could make it worse would be if none of it returned to the taxpayers of Missouri," said Mr. Bond, who is retiring.

Replies (12)

• Ike,

Surely you know that there are plenty of objectors to a plan or bill that when it is passed take full benifit of said plan or bill that they said would ruin this country. Both sides do it.

-- Posted by Pups on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 11:57 AM
  • More tiddle-tattle. Ike takes such great joy in it.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 12:01 PM
  • I was for stimulus money before I was against it.

-- Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 12:04 PM
  • Theorist,

I thought voting was a private thing. How do you know how I voted?

If I had to guess, I would bet you were not a fan of Kit Bond even before the Clarence Thomas vote. Just a SWAG.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 1:01 PM
  • Theorist, how do you know I am "of" Missouri? Have you any idea the road I've traveled, where I've lived, or anything about me other than these silly threads.

Hint: I was born at Southeast Missouri Hospital in the dark days of the Depression, and attended Franklin School 1942-1950. From that point the convoluted and (in retrospect) unbelievable voyage began to many places.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 4:31 PM
  • Ike brings to light how polititians can always find a loophole to appear one way and act another. Give him credit for that. But I would bet this is not just a republican thing. If pirates stole your sea rations to give them away to the poor would you not feel entitled to get in the line for rations?

Theorist, What disappointed you more, Clarence Thomas or the fact that the campaign against him failed?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 4:38 PM
  • Voyager, I like the association of your name to your travel. I just hope folks don't see Old John as a reference to a long in the tooth soliciter of a less than respectable quest.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 10:46 PM
  • Old John, In the Orient age is respected and revered for the accumulated wealth of knowledge and experience. From many of your postings one can easily conclude you are the repository of much wisdom acquired over well spent time.

Some of these younger folks would do well to learn from you. It would be to their profit.

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 11:07 PM
  • Some have wished I was in the orient at times, I'm sure.

Looking back at myself when I was a teenager I now realize my life was in danger many times. I don't mean being at risk of being ran over by a cell phone in a rouge SUV. But it is a wonder some of elders didn't prevent my maturity. So I have to look kindly upon the younger crowd while realizing I was just < kinda< maybe< let me get back to you on that.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 9, 2010, at 11:33 PM
  • Know the feeling, Old John. Quite a few no doubt have fervently wished I had taken up residence in Hell. My departure on that road(fervently prayed for by some) has been delayed frequently over the years.

Maybe we have guardian angels appointed especially to look out for two oldtimers. Can't think of any other explanation.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 9:00 AM
  • Some Guardian Angels are busier than others. :-)

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 10:19 AM
  • I see it this way: Congess went to a cafe to order lunch for America, they decided it was between hamburgers and T-bones. Bond voted hamburger, Congress decided on the T-bone steak. Ike expects Bond to pass up the already-prepared-and-charged-on-the-credit-card T-bone's while Bond goes his own way to White Castle and orders belly bombers for Missourians with yet-to-be-printed cash.

-- Posted by John in Jackson on Wed, Feb 10, 2010, at 8:16 PM

Respond to this thread