Speak Out: 2 TV Station Employees Shot and Killed

Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 11:17 AM:

I'm sure you've all seen it by now. Here are a couple of links to the latest.

http://heavy.com/news/2015/08/lester-lee-flanagan-flanighan-flanigan-wdbj-tv-dis...

Why would someone do this? I think it's part of a generation of pandered, godless people who think the world owes them something. Just my opinion. Absolutely sick.

And then the coward runs and attempts to kill himself. He is now in critical condition. I'd be very very slow to call an ambulance for this guy.

Replies (50)

• I thought the link I posted was the edited version of what happened. It is not.

Warning: it's graphic.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 11:35 AM
  • The video you saw was the killers video on a cell phone. He actually filmed himself killing 2 news people and wounding another.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 12:04 PM
  • Been reading the comments sections of other web sites. Lots of sorrow and condolences but then there's the libtards blaming everyone and everything except this crazed murderer. It's rather disorganized but I'm sure this bunch will find their "Confederate Flag" shortly.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 12:50 PM
  • Looks like the coward gunman has died from self-inflicted shots.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 1:25 PM
  • Dug,I looked back at your aftermath of the church shooting forum in June. It only took a few minutes for a select few to jump all over racism,confederate flag,hate crime,black lives matter,etc etc. Maybe it's nap time. It didn't take clinton long to dance on the graves tho.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 3:43 PM
  • What happens now since the shooter was a queer, black , Jehovah Witness?...You get dead silence from the house "liberals". Shocker!

Dug, do you think "All Lives Matter" now to Mickey?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 3:56 PM
  • No surprise that Theorist has not yet weighed in demanding to know where he got the gun, did he buy it legally, was there a background check, did someone make another mistake, because big government cannot fail???

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:01 PM
  • Dug, do you think "All Lives Matter" now to Mickey?... -- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 3:56 PM

Never. Ever. Ever. If you believe "all lives matter" you're gonna see that frayed, worn and torn race card thrown.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:08 PM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:08 PM

Lol. You got that right.

"Liberals" - The biggest group of hypocrites in the world.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:19 PM
  • I wonder what the liberals think of this? An excellent article on St. Louis' huge increase in crime - with facts:

-St. Louis is 44 percent white and 49 percent black

-More than 82 percent of those arrested for serious crimes like murder, aggravated assault and larceny were black, while just 17.5 percent arrested were white

-Black males 63.5 percent of crimes committed.

-White males made up 17 percent of arrests

-black females were 14 percent of arrests

-white females only 5.3 percent of arrests

Black woman interviewed said: "Juanita Sparks, 60, of St. Louis told reporters, "I am tired of thugs."

-93 percent of black murder victims are killed by other blacks

===

-twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks

Nothing racist here. Just some facts...

http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/black-crime-explosion-americas-worst-city-revealed/

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:48 PM
  • Dug,

You got tbose stats from a right wing,biased source didn't you? For shame. You'll be writing "I will not get information from a right wing, biased site" 100 times on the blackboard. Teacher's rules.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 8:36 PM
  • FFF - sure did!

I'll bet that Common, Theorist, Lefty and Miccheck are just dripping with disdain. This goes against their mantra that #blacklivesmatter and that racism is a one-way street.

The national numbers bust their claims as well - many more whites are killed by blacks than vice versa. Many more.

Just gotta keep fighting back and get the truth out before all the BS and lies start piling up for the election next year! Common is probably saving all his energy for Obama's run for a 3rd term. That's Common's dream in life.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 8:41 PM
  • I wonder what the liberals think of this? An excellent article on St. Louis' huge increase in crime - with facts:-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 5:48 PM

Dug: Don't confuse the Liberals with facts that their fearless leader hasn't enlightened them with talking points.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 9:22 PM
  • The silence from the left and the resident "independent" is deafening. Those dead whiteys were just "priveleged anyway.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 9:52 PM
  • Dug, this nut was from a prominent priviledged family in Calif, not a welfare baby.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 7:05 AM
  • Ok. I don't think I said he was a welfare baby. Just responding to those who believe all the "race" issues are a one-way street.

It's a lie... but it's one they push to win elections. It's a sick ideology that plays upon the simple minds to empower the elites at the top.

Racism comes in all colors and "all lives matter".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 7:08 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rick on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 4:40 AM

Rick

I heard that lady being interviewed on radio the other evening. I think her name is Peggy Hubbard if I remember correctly. She was asked if she believed this was "White Privilege".

She said there is no such thing.

Finally someone not brainwashed by the left into believing she is inferior. And from what I was hearing from her, she is far superior in intelligence than many whites I can think of.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 8:35 AM
  • -- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 9:49 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rick on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 1:29 PM

Rick

You can forget it. Red, White and Yellow lives don't count.... only Black lives matter. Lil Barry is selective on who he is President of.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 1:39 PM
  • The silence from the left and the resident "independent" is deafening. Those dead whiteys were just "priveleged anyway. -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Aug 26, 2015, at 9:52 PM

Perhaps the left and resident independents are just sick and tired of the daily rhetoric from the ad nauseam post from those with nothing better to do then pixx and moan on the internet 24/7/365.

My suggestion to the above description, get a real job and/or get a life.

-- Posted by Otoe on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:44 PM
  • My suggestion to the above description, get a real job and/or get a life.

-- Posted by Abatement on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:44 PM

My suggestion is tend to your own affairs. I do work part time and am 77 years old. Will do as I please. No help needed from a sock puppet.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:50 PM
  • -- Posted by Abatement on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:44 PM

What does "pixx" mean?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:59 PM
  • Bonscott,just another shape shifting name changer acting out a bit. SOS...

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 6:43 PM
  • My suggestion to the above description, get a real job and/or get a life.-- Posted by Abatement on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:44 PM

Abatement: Sounds like you need to take your own advice.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 9:26 PM
  • I would encourage Abatement to continue.

I'm a bit slow figuring out who is new and who are not.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 9:36 PM
  • My suggestion to the above description, get a real job and/or get a life.

-- Posted by Abatement on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 5:44 PM

Ouch! That hurt.

By the way, how do you know who is on here 24/7 unless you are on here 24/7?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Aug 27, 2015, at 10:21 PM
  • 77 huh? I figured with your responses and ideas you were much, much older.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:50 AM
  • 77 huh? I figured with your responses and ideas you were much, much older.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 11:50 AM

I figured with that response you must be pretty ignorant...I don't think I'm to far off.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 12:26 PM
  • Wow, Boy Howdy is back. And full of wit and BS to go along with it as well. Cannot honestly say I missed you though.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 8:57 PM
  • Careful Wheels, Theo will call you a bully again.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Aug 29, 2015, at 9:16 PM
  • Old John

Theorist has exposed herself for what she is... she may call me whatever she pleases, I always consider the source.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:23 AM
  • Theorist has exposed herself for what she is... she may call me whatever she pleases, I always consider the source.-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ÁÙ on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:23 AM

Wheels: A portion of this comment could be an example of how some cut and paste comments that change the whole meaning of the original comment.☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 10:53 AM
  • Semo471

Hmmmm!

I stand by the post as written. If someone chooses to cut and paste portions of it only, that makes it their responsibility.

I usually don't find it necessary to add to or delete from my original posts because of having to admit I was wrong if I didn't. Unlike another poster we both are familiar with.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 11:13 AM
  • Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ÁÙ on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:23 AM

Wheels: The first 4 words could be a tabloid headline.☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 11:31 AM
  • -- Posted by Atheists are Rational on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 4:45 PM

Maybe your stupidest comment ever!...

-- Posted by BonScott on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 4:50 PM
  • Mortality is a fact of life, our clay shell is mortal. We all accept that. Our souls, on the other hand, are not. If you don't believe in a soul, that is your business.

Morality, on the other hand, stems from a belief system rooted in some basic tenets which define what is moral and what is immoral. For those of us who believe in God, what is moral is that which brings us closer to God, and what is immoral is that which separates us from him.

I asked somee time ago on what tenets the Atheist founds his view of morality, and I have yet to see an answer.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:25 PM
  • Apparently, "White privilege" includes the ability to hear phrases such as "in the field" without thinking it refers to cotton picking, and "swing by " without thinking it refers to hanging. Those phrases are the "racist comments" which reportedly drove the shooter to kill his one-time co-workers. Welcome to world created by the apologists.

Never mind that whites, as well as blacks, picked cotton and that more whites than blacks have swung at end of a noose.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:33 PM
  • You are definitely a "descent human being". Look up the meaning of "descent".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 9:21 PM
  • "My morality is founded on the beleive that it is required for being a Descent Human Being and to maintain Human Society."

Atheists have yet to build a society of any note. Where they exist any strength, they have risen in societies built by men who worshipped God, and built to his greater Glory. The Church stood as the centre of learning and the repository of knowledge.

When our nation was founded, it was upon the understanding that we have certain God-given rights. Without God, thete are no such rights, and your freedom exists at the will of men, and may be taken from you by men. Without God, you have no claim upon those rights. If their morality says this is required to maintain Human society, who are you to deny it?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 9:28 PM
  • "The Chruch started the Dark Ages. They stopped learning and held back Science at every turn. Look up Galileo."

The Church was the center of learning during the "Dark Ages", which came about due to the fall of the Western Roman Empire. They were called the "Dark Ages" because they were dark to historians; whereas the Romans recorded everything the warring factions who ruled in its wake recorded little.

Galileo lived during the Renaissance, not the "Dark Ages.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 7:02 AM
  • Back on topic:

The Virginia Shooter had a troubled record. Perhaps we should screen potential gun buyers for evidence of liberalism:

"Warped TV reporter Vester Lee Flanagan exasperated bosses with his 'stiff and nervous' delivery, his inability to use a teleprompter -- and by wearing a President Obama badge during an election report, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

Management at WDBJ dubbed the failed newsman the 'human tape recorder' because he frequently parroted what interviewees had told him rather than doing his own journalism.

"Flanagan, 41, clashed repeatedly with photojournalists, belittling them in public and intimidating them with his violent temper, according to internal reports.

"He was also censured for wearing an Obama sticker while recording a segment at a polling booth during the 2012 US Presidential Election -- a clear breach of journalistic impartiality . . .

The station filed the documents to rebut a wrongful termination claim which he had brought, claiming he was the victim of discrimination because he was black and gay. The station won the case.

"In a sometimes-rambling account of his time at WDBJ Flanagan accused co-workers of racially harassing him by placing a watermelon around the office. 'The watermelon would appear, then disappear, then appear and disappear, then appear and disappear again only to appear again,' he wrote in a May 2014 letter to presiding Judge Francis Burkart.

'This was not an innocent incident. The watermelon was placed in a strategic location.'

He demanded a jury comprised entirely of African American women and independent investigations by the FBI and Justice Department."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 9:13 AM
  • "He can demand on one hand and defecate on the other and see which one fills up first."

I suspect his days of demanding are over.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 10:26 AM
  • How did Fox miss employing this journalistic genius?

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 10:54 AM
  • How did Fox miss employing this journalistic genius?

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 10:54 AM

Probably because he was going to have his own show on MSNBC, before he went postal. I guess FOX News saw it coming.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 11:01 AM
  • WDBJ is a CBS affiliate, the home of "Fake but accurate" reporting. It should surprise no one that he was employed there, however briefly.

He previously worked for WTWC in Tallahassee, an NBC News affiliate.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 11:33 AM
  • "Never mind that whites, as well as blacks, picked cotton and that more whites than blacks have swung at end of a noose."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Aug 30, 2015, at 6:33 PM

I'd suggest that "black cotton-pickers" out numbered "white cotton-pickers" by a significant amount.

As for swinging "...at the end of a noose." To establish a valid basis for comparison you have to count the number of blacks lynched by a mob of whites and stack it up against the number of whites lynched by a mob of blacks.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 11:47 AM
  • "I'd suggest that "black cotton-pickers" out numbered "white cotton-pickers" by a significant amount."

Do you have evidence to support that?

"To establish a valid basis for comparison you have to count the number of blacks lynched by a mob of whites and stack it up against the number of whites lynched by a mob of blacks."

Why?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 12:22 PM
  • "Do you have evidence to support that?"

Certainly, had there been a majority of white "cotton-pickers" there would not have been cause for the south to start the civil war. Since there was one...

(Note to SO Conservative's: I'm being facetious, don't become all offended and dismayed.)

"Why?"

Because the vast majority of whites were hung as a result of some manner of trial by jury or "hanging judge."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 1:54 PM
  • count the number of blacks lynched by a mob of whites and stack it up against the number of whites lynched by a mob of blacks. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 11:47 AM

Do you want the number of "black murdering whites" vs. "white murdering blacks" today? Or are you just interested in "lynchings" to support your point on racism?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 2:00 PM
  • "Certainly, had there been a majority of white "cotton-pickers" there would not have been cause for the south to start the civil war. Since there was one..."

In other words, no. You have no evidence to support that.

"Because the vast majority of whites were hung as a result of some manner of trial by jury or "hanging judge."

So? A noose is a noose. The neck can't tell a legal noose from a lawless one. My comment referred to the numbers of peoples hanged, not the number of persons hanged without trial.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Aug 31, 2015, at 2:18 PM

Respond to this thread