Speak Out: A Thought For The Atheist(s) Recently Posting

Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 5:13 PM:

To the one or more so called atheists posting for the last 10 days or so. Maybe you should do a little soul searching and rethink your position.

I am a Christian and do believe there is a God. I will live my life accordingly. If I am correct there should be a better place waiting for me when I pass on. If I am wrong, and as you suggest, merely worm food.... no harm done.

You however, if you find that when you die, you are wrong, God have mercy on your soul, because if he isn't in a merciful mood, you are in deep doo! I hope you like warm places.

Replies (31)

• "It causes harm because it gives people false hope and they give into wishful thinking."

Then we should outlaw Democrats, too.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 7:40 PM
  • -- Posted by G. H. on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 7:41 PM

Not yet G.H., he's to entertaining:)...I'm wondering if he hates his grandparents as much as his parents...

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 7:46 PM
  • -- Posted by Santa Christ on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 8:01 PM

You're going to need to re-type that Science Boy. I can't translate your HORRIBLE spelling and grammar....And I think you said you were smart.😊

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 8:08 PM
  • I have a relative that's ate up like this mudflap except his hysteria is everything's a conspiracy. All day long. Can't think or talk about anything else. Absolutely consumed. This mudflap says he's a free thinker. That true story heading is a familiar lie among atheists. Same story with a few changes all over the net. Like I posted elsewhere,doesn't believe in an afterlife but wastes this one yapping about it.

I do understand that atheists refuse to have sex with another person,though. Scared they may say,"Oh God"at that magic moment.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 8:08 PM
  • -- Posted by Santa Christ on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 8:42 PM

A true open minded person would let others be who they are and not judge...You're about as closed up as a chastity belt.

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 9:01 PM
  • What am I if I believe in talking snakes, jewish zombies, a demon in the White House, and evolution?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 9:58 PM
  • Wheels: Since you started this thread I would like to suggest that everyone refuse to make any comments and just ignore The Atheist. He can talk to himself till he turns blue. So from semo471 it's adios to the Atheist.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:05 PM
  • What am I if I believe in talking snakes, jewish zombies, a demon in the White House, and evolution?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 9:58 PM

A Delusional Faithtard.

-- Posted by Santa Christ on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:00 PM

So do I get some kind of membership patch for The Delusional Faithtards? That would be a cool name for a motorcycle gang. Any kind of logo available?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:17 PM
  • Semo471

I have thought that from his first post. I just throwed that thought in for the dimwit to give it some to think about.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:24 PM
  • Wheels, semo, G.H.,

I agree, but this joker is a complete train wreck and makes EA look like a genius. It's hard to resist such an easy target:)...

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:34 PM
  • Funny how tards sounds familiar in another atheist. Must be a secret signal amongst them.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:37 PM
  • Atheists are the smartest people in human history. All Christians are retards except for FreedomFadingFast.

-- Posted by Atheists are Rational on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:32 PM

Fixed it for you buddy. No need to thank me.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 10:47 PM
  • -- Posted by Atheists are Rational on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 11:06 PM

I see those morals are really high tonight:)...Put your pacifier down for a minute and you might be able to spell a little better Science Boy...

-- Posted by BonScott on Mon, Jul 6, 2015, at 11:30 PM
  • -- Posted by G. H. on Tue, Jul 7, 2015, at 4:25 PM

Could be G.H.. I wonder if it's the same as "indigo" crime?😊

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jul 7, 2015, at 4:34 PM
  • "If I am correct there should be a better place waiting for me when I pass on. If I am wrong, and as you suggest, merely worm food.... no harm done."

Not necessarily. What if another religion that you don't follow is the one true way to heaven? Then you will be in the same warm place as the atheist.

-- Posted by Robespierre on Wed, Jul 8, 2015, at 6:14 PM
  • Typically, Odin, Ra, Zeus, etc. did not threaten non-believers with eternal damnation. To be sure, most such faiths decreed that all the dead went to a common underworld, whose punishment or bliss is dependent upon the goodness or badness of ones' life. Methinks I have been good enough to avoid damnation in those underworlds.

Hindus and Buddhists have those not enlightened simply returning to Earth for another go-round, so there is nothing to sweat there.

Other religions do not dwell on the nature of afterlife within their faith, so I see no reason that I should, either.

I know nothing about the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so I do not know what bliss or woe awaits the non-faithful Pastafarian. I'll take my chances, there.

That pretty much leaves Islam and Christianity, each with its own sub-sects.

I'm not sure I want to spend eternity in a Heaven full of zealots bragging about how many virgins each received, so I'll take my chances they are wrong. Besides, their God, ultimately, is the God of Abraham, the same as mine, they just understand him differently. As Omar Khayyam says, "Pish! He's a good fellow, and 'twill all be well."

Getting down to Christianity, and its various sub-sects: it is true that there is more than one the teaches that you cannot go to Heaven if you don't believe as they believe. Since that means everybody doesn't belong to at least one of those sub-sects, if they are right, none of us will go to Heaven, anyway. No point in sweating that.

As a Catholic, we do not define anyone specifically as being in Hell, except Satan himself, and even he enjoys the freedom to get out and perform mischief from time to time. We do set criteria under which one can presume they have a high probability of joining Satan there, but we do not know who among us has actually made the trip. What we do is encourage decent, God-fearing living in order to avoid that possibility.

Keep in mind that Zeus, Odin, et. al. are not deemed to be "the Creator". They typically wrested power from those who came before them. Buddha is not a god, let along the Creator, but rather is considered the holiest of holy men.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 2:02 PM
  • If God is the sovereign almighty entity I believe Him to be, he will not be indebted to any person thus one cannot earn salvation or redemption through good deeds or keeping of Old Testament Law. It is a gift through the Grace of God free for the taking when one believes through Faith the Gospel Of Christ's death and resurrection. Works will be judged after redemption and salvation are consummated. IMO

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 3:00 PM
  • "I sent my Soul through the Invisible,

Some letter of that After-life to spell:

And by and by my Soul return'd to me,

And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell:"

"Heav'n but the Vision of fulfill'd Desire,

And Hell the Shadow from a Soul on fire,

Cast on the Darkness into which Ourselves,

So late emerged from, shall so soon expire."

- Omar Khayyam -

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 3:12 PM
  • Wheels: Did the Atheist go back to where he came from - not from his mother but from under a rock?

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 8:21 PM
  • Wheels: Did the Atheist go back to where he came from - not from his mother but from under a rock?

-- Posted by semo471 on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 8:21 PM

That would be nice, but I think it is too early to make that prediction.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jul 9, 2015, at 11:15 PM
  • Something I askeda while back of those who deny the existence of a Creator and believe Science has the answer to all things: what is the source of "God-given" or "Natural" rights?

Our nation is founded upon the existence of such rights - rights which are the birthright of man and which transcend the autthority of government. But, in the abscence of a Creator, how do they come about? How can we believe that such rights evolved in a world in which most creatures exist merely as food for other creatures? Where, in the absence of a Moral construct which supercedes the laws of men, and the natural urges of men, do we derive the idea that there is a universal concept of "Right" and "Wrong"?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 8:41 AM
  • "...such rights evolved in a world in which most creatures exist merely as food for other creatures?"

To some degree that's true for lower level creatures, but higher in the evolutionary chain it's less true. For example, chimpanzees, whales, elephants, dogs, dolphins, etc. all have forms of society with rules, and even to some degree moral judgements.

Why would man, with an even higher degree of intelligence, not be able figure out right and wrong?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 11:12 AM
  • Something I askeda while back of those who deny the existence of a Creator and believe Science has the answer to all things: what is the source of "God-given" or "Natural" rights?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 8:41 AM

When did the "Creator" spell out these natural rights?

Why did the Creator do this? Are the Creator's rules arbitrary or does it have a reason for these natural laws?

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 12:08 PM
  • "Why would man, with an even higher degree of intelligence, not be able figure out right and wrong?"

That is not the question. The question is where "natural" or "God-given" rights, such as our nation is founded upon, originate?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 1:36 PM
  • "Why did the Creator do this? Are the Creator's rules arbitrary or does it have a reason for these natural laws?"

You should ask that of our founders. They believed they had rights,granted by their Creator, to shake off the shackles of one lawful government and create their own lawful government. From where did these rights originate, if there is no Creator? What right have we to rebel against lawful authority and create a new law? If there is no Creator, our nation is founded upon a fraud.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 1:44 PM
  • From where did these rights originate, if there is no Creator?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 1:44 PM

That's a question, not an answer. So I will ask again: how do you know that these natural rights were handed down and defined by a creator? Do you have any evidence whatsoever?

-- Posted by Robespierre on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 1:53 PM
  • "Do you have any evidence whatsoever?"

The overwhelming majority claim the existence of such rights. Our Declaration of Indepence states that such rights exist, and cites them as justification for our separating ourselves from the then-lawful rule of King George. That's good enough for me. Apparently, its good enough for America.

The question, again, is "from where do those rights originate if thee is no Creator?"

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Jul 12, 2015, at 7:30 AM
  • If the early colonists were not successful in defeating the British and setting up the USA, then IMO the battle flag that the early colonists used would be flying today along with the Union Jack of the British in honor of those that died in the conflict. The same goes for the Confederate flag.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Sun, Jul 12, 2015, at 9:54 AM
  • "Why did the Creator do this? Are the Creator's rules arbitrary or does it have a reason for these natural laws?"

"That's a question, not an answer." I asked first. The founders said it was "self-evident, which was satisfactory for them, as it is for me.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Jul 12, 2015, at 1:06 PM
  • I wonder, did "self-evident" mean obvious to anyone with have a brain?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jul 12, 2015, at 3:05 PM
  • Do you have any evidence whatsoever? -- Posted by The Spaniard on Sat, Jul 11, 2015, at 1:53 PM

It's "self evident" that Spaniard - once again - doesn't have a clue about the founding of this country, the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jul 12, 2015, at 3:25 PM

Respond to this thread