Speak Out: Rachel from credit card services

Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 1:06 PM:

If you haven't had that call you are definitely in the minority. I thought the FTC caught up with this scam a couple of years ago and put a stop to it.....HA! I went back through my cell phone log and counted 27 "Rachel's" since mid March. I always ignored the call if I didn't recognize the number. Still my voice mail picked up and there was that message,"This is Rachel....blah blah blah....press one to speak to a representative. Can't block the number because it's never the same. Just delete the voice mail and fume. Then I decided to press one and have some fun. "What color panties are you wearing"? "How did you get this number,this is the FBI headquarters"? "No speakie Angleesh". Etc etc. then it hit me.

Rep-do you currently have more than $20,000 debt?

Rock-Yes

Rep-what is you name and credit card number and how much do you owe?

Rock-my name is Barry Soetoro. I don't have any credit cards but my Social Security number is 042 68 4425 if that helps.

Rep-That's perfect Mr Soetoro. Now just how much debt are you in?

Rock-$17 trillion,that's one seven with twelve zeros.

Rep-something unintelligible in I think was WTF in Pakistani. Then a dial tone.

I may have hit on something because I haven't had a call for a few days but if I do I'm ready with one,two or three of Clintons emails and SSN#.

Sorry for the rant but if the govt can't find some sleazeball running this scam what good is it. I read that in 2010 something fell 10 million idiots fell for this scam.

Rant over. Thx for your patience. Gotta bale the yard.

Replies (7)

• Rock,

I know they just hit you with a different number if you block it, but I do it anyway, seems like it gives you a slight break.

We would not be bothered with those calls if the American public was not so gullible and greedy.

I will absolutely not buy anything from anyone who solicits me by phone.

I am not a shopper, I am a buyer. If I need something, I go to someplace either locally or online who sells what I need. I then buy it and get out of the way. I do not have the need to fondle everything in the store at least twice. Excepting of the clerks of the opposite gender and I have been informed to leave them alone as I cannot afford them.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 2:11 PM
  • I went through the routine of the no call list and still get calls. I have never owned a time share or stayed at one but get calls offering to sell my time share if I send them money up front.

Sometimes I let them talk while I leave the room to get a beer or something.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 3:46 PM
  • Little boy answers the phone in a whisper.

May I speak to your Father?

He's busy.

Is your mother there?

She's busy.

Are there any other adults in the house?

Yeah, the police and firemen are here but they are busy too.

By now salesman is cautious and asks, What are the police and firemen and your parents busy doing?

They're looking for me.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 4:10 PM
  • cautious should be curious

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 4:37 PM
  • Just thought of this: Are calling about the manure spreader I'm selling?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 8:58 PM
  • OJ: That might be Hillary's campaign manager calling for that manure spreader.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 9:19 PM
  • The NSA listens to everything everyone says and does over the phone and Internet in some form or fashion so you think they(who the heck is "they" anyway?) could figure out how to stop illegal Rachel robocalls. Still haven't had a call since I gave that rep lil Barry's stolen SSN. I'm looking for a couple of drunken Secret Service agents to come up the drive. Ah,prob not,they're busy teaching Natasha how to ram a White House blockade.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Apr 17, 2015, at 9:48 PM

Respond to this thread