Speak Out: It didn't take long to start the spinning during the Sate of the Union..

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 8:27 PM:

I finally put it on record so I can pass up the applause from the left. It's like going to an annual board meeting and hearing good new only to find out the Chairman lied and the books are cooked.

Replies (45)

• Sick time becomes vacation time.

More unemployment on the way.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 8:32 PM
  • BTW..... Cut the deficit by 2/3's?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 8:35 PM
  • Regrets,

Fortunately this marks the 8th day since we have watched TV.

We are parked under this big live oak tree and there is no way I can get a signal on the satellite antenna on the roof. I have not had the time or energy to set up the portable antenna since I have been here. Sounds like I have missed nothing tonight.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 8:37 PM
  • Wheels. He makes a good speech but you haven't missed a thing.

He only wants to hep you.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 8:47 PM
  • Help you give him more of your money. I gotta watch Justified now. That one I'm looking forward to.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 9:06 PM
  • If I didn't know better I would think the president was making a case for his re-election.

I expect he will get around to the racial aspect of votes in a bit. Maybe he doesn't know he's not up for another term.:)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 9:09 PM
  • "I have no campaigns to run...(applause broke out).. I know, "cause I won both of them."

Yep, you are way off OJ. He could be genuine you know.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 9:34 PM
  • You sound like a boot licker Reasoning. It's not a good trait...

-- Posted by BonScott on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 9:43 PM
  • Murkowsky would have been my choice for rebuttal.

Reasoning, Do you practice or does it come naturally?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Jan 20, 2015, at 9:44 PM
  • Born loser,,elected twice over your best,,,,McCain and Romney. Need I say more.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 5:24 AM
  • Gas prices way down. Unemployment way down. Consumer confidence way up. Stock market at new highs. Production way up. Interest rates are at record lows. New construction and housing sales are way up.

Yes indeed, Obama is sending this country to heck and back. ~sarcasm~

-- Posted by notrump on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 6:23 AM
  • The federal government continues to collect record revenues.

The answer to all of our problems? Raise taxes and collect even more. Brilliant!!!

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 7:04 AM
  • Obama same old thing you can't believe a word he says. He knows that wish list of his is going to pass my gosh people were over 18 trillion in debt because of a lot of these pork barrel spending projects and furthermore paying a kid's tuition for going to a two year college is completely off of the table I can't believe he brings crap up like that. He was full of it last night one thing about it he sure is a good typical rapper.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 7:09 AM
  • Unemployed way up (record high)... REAL (U6) unemployment rate is 12%.

Interest rates at artificial (fed set) lows... Seniors are losing billions in retirement money thanks to this as their savings are worthless investments with .25% or .5% rates compared to 6-7% they used to get.

Tax collections are at record levels yet the US debt has DOUBLED under Obama. Funny how Obama lovers always ignore the only thing that helps his "numbers" - the record debt. As I said the other day, just borrow a couple more TRILLION and maybe things will look better.

The real problem is most Obama supporters don't know what a "loan" is, "debt" is or how to balance their checkbook. Obama's strategy works for them.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 7:22 AM
  • The price of gold and silver has started to rise again...... someone, somewhere is getting nervous about this rosey economy.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 7:29 AM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 8:12 AM
  • I have never watched any State of the Union speech. No matter who was giving it I just saw it as tooting ones horn but Barry brings the whole brass section. Morning after analysis by the talking heads is enough info for me. At least Nancy didn't get a chance to bounce around and clap like a seal. Supreme Court Justice Ginzberg had the right idea-Take a nap.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 8:19 AM
  • Rick,

I thought you won the bet????

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 10:06 AM
  • I think I won the bet! He didn't nod off once! But, I'll donate 20 to the Ministerial Alliance in Jackson. Or Savlation Army in Cape, you choice.

-- Posted by RELee on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 12:23 PM

It doesn't work that way Robert. Everyone has a right to say what they want as long as it doesn't offend Grandma.

Ted Cruz, no! Ben Carson, maybe. I kindof like the background on this guy.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Jan 21, 2015, at 12:53 PM
  • RELee, I remain the sole voice of reason to balance the likes of (you, Dug, Wheels, not my fault your people chose McCain and Romney,,,,,,you gotta get your game day plan organized.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 5:24 AM
  • I remain the sole voice of reason to balance -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 5:24 AM

You are a sole voice, but it ain't of reason. You pushed Obamacare on here and when it hit you with higher premiums and deductibles you whined. "not my fault you chose Obama".

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 8:32 AM
  • Since old Dexter is the "sole Voice of reason" in all of SEMO, maybe he should be elected for something..... maybe Dogcatcher in Brownwood, or something along that line.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 8:32 AM
  • Rick

I agree with your assessments. Hillary is a bitter old woman and I don't think Romney can win.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 8:47 AM
  • Rick,

I don't think he would be elected either. Americans want a blowhard that promises them the moon with no way in hell of delivering it. We are addicted to freebies and we will continue to elect those kinds of people until the whole thing blows up in our face.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:00 AM
  • I always liked this guy.

http://www.bobbyjindal.com/

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:02 AM
  • Old John,

I did too... but can he win nationally?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:15 AM
  • Wheels, He's probably not got enough big money backers to consider a run.

Seems our political offices on the federal level are bought paid for.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:20 AM
  • "Seems our political offices on the federal level are bought paid for."

Old John, I think you are definitely on to something there. Let's hope they buy a better candidate for 2016 than they did in the last two ellections

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 9:33 AM
  • Call me a dull boy but I have been following the senate today. They have had more votes so far this year than in all of 2014 under Reid's leadership.

If you commit to trying to understand the procedure it can become entertaining thanks to our democrat participants. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 22, 2015, at 7:31 PM
  • Jindal has had too much sun,,,just like Obama.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 5:45 AM
  • Rick, I think we all know what Dexterite is saying...👎

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Jan 23, 2015, at 8:41 AM
  • Sorry, I missed the sad State of the Union speech....from what little I have read about it, I didn't miss much.

-- Posted by semo471 on Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 9:38 PM
  • Dexter is on that great crossroads dividing line between north and south, a place in his mind hard to be explained to him or by him.

Dexterite1, Are you the famous anti-gravity boy from Campbell from the '50s?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jan 25, 2015, at 10:15 PM
  • When I see right wingers on TV and on here complaining and criticizing the SOTU speech, I realize Obama has gotten their attention. That come back "I know I won them both" was a classic. He seems to sucker these clowns in congress continuously. What's the first thing the House of reps did after taking office? Attack a woman's right to choose and attack social security. Where are the jobs, Boner?

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:38 AM
  • Lefty,

What is your take on Boehner's invite without asking the Empty Suit first?

Could you elaborate a little on your two accusations that the house is supposedly guilty of?

Or is this your usual hit and run post?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:47 AM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:47 AM

Wheels: Lefty after posting makes a left turn and gets out of Dodge.

-- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:12 PM
  • -- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 10:12 PM

Semo471

That is his modus operandi. Nothing but disconnected remarks and then he splits.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Jan 26, 2015, at 11:24 PM
  • Just me , this is a problem in America , people vote for the Party and not the person , both Parties are this way .

-- Posted by ▪Rick on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 8:42 AM

I agree. There used to be a program on the internet, like a questionnaire, you filled out with your views on different subjects, and it told you which candidate was closest to your thoughts. Does anyone know if that is still available.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 10:28 AM
  • Wheels, first of all, I could care less about Boner inviting Bibi to speak before congress. All Bibi wants is for someone to do his dirty work for him. Secondly, if I have to elaborate on what I posted you wouldn't be able to understand if you can't comprehend my previous post. I think it's about time Israel stood on it's own two feet. My comments should not be construed to be "hit and run" as I don't constantly drool over these forums like you do. If I agreed with your comments, then both of us would be wrong.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 11:00 AM
  • Lefty, lefty, it is obvious you take some of this stuff seriously and personally. I look on it as entertainment. It would cost me some of my amusement if you did not post your normal little one liner hit and runs.

Drool? I passed that stage of living some 70 odd years ago and have not yet reached the stage where it starts again.

Nor do I worship at the feet of politicians where I believe Democrat good and Republican bad, or vice versa, as you so obviously do. My thinking is on the conservative side of things as I see it and I have always disavowed any blind allegiance to any stinking party.... unlike you.

So yes it is obvious we disagree, it is just that you still have it incorrectly on who is wrong. :-)

Now have a nice day and go back to your boot licking.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 11:41 AM
  • RELee, and being the conservative you are, I thought you had a strong belief that everyone should be required to stand on their own two feet. Guess I was wrong about you. Don't be throwing that Nazi crap around at me son.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 12:08 PM
  • Well said Rick.

-- Posted by left turn on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 2:06 PM
  • -- Posted by RELee on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 7:05 PM

Lee: Totally agree, we need Israel as much as they need us.

-- Posted by semo471 on Tue, Jan 27, 2015, at 8:25 PM
  • How much of this year's $1.1 trillion budget went to foreign aide?-- Posted by ▪Rick on Wed, Jan 28, 2015, at 8:15 AM

Rick: What I would be more concerned about is how much of this $1.1 trillion is set aside for the "blood sucking freeloaders" here in the USA.

-- Posted by semo471 on Wed, Jan 28, 2015, at 8:45 AM
  • According to the Old Testament of the Bible, God gave the Jews the present area that is now Israel....don't believe that mankind needs to mess with God on this matter.

-- Posted by semo471 on Wed, Jan 28, 2015, at 12:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: