Speak Out: Obamas holiday tradition

Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 7:36 PM:

And you assumed I was talking about a nice turkey dinner.

Obama administration releases 3415 new regulations either on a Friday or just before a major holiday.

Replies (24)

• Wednesday afternoon would be a good time to release the grand jury decision.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/11/24/white-...

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Nov 24, 2014, at 10:44 AM

So far the only thing the media has picked up on is the new requirement for calorie count to be posted. First Ladies first, you know.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 8:21 PM
  • When is "Kwanza"? Will he light the Kwanza tree this year?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 8:22 PM
  • I wouldn't be surprised if a prayer rug takes place of at least one Christmas tree in the White House.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 8:38 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 8:38 PM

OJ: Correction, that's a Holiday tree in order to be PC ☺☺

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 9:37 PM
  • I was waiting for the Obama supporters to tell me how Bush did it too.

Anyone care to find a regulation that will save the average Joe a dollar?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Nov 25, 2014, at 10:22 PM
  • obama is simply carrying on a longstanding government tradition. I can't fault him for that.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 6:57 AM
  • Dug, Kwanzaa is Dec 26 through Jan 1

-- Posted by exmissourian on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 8:35 AM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 9:34 AM
  • I think I'd rather celbrate "Festivus" with the Costanza's than Kwanzaa - but that's just me.

"Festivus for the Restofus!"

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 9:46 AM
  • I am going through a root canal right now and I do not know which is worse, the root canal or dealing with the holidays of Thanksgiving through New Years.

Both creates stress for me.

Some people I know act as if they were not Al Bundy and "Married with Children"!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 9:58 AM
  • -- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 9:58 AM

Wheels, good luck with that root canal. Those are never fun...I suggest red wine and a lot of it!!😊🍷

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 10:26 AM
  • Dug,I already have my Festivus Pole up.

Wheels,root canal? You,too? It's just short of tacks in the underpants. Pretty sure that was a half round b*stard wood rasp that was reaming it out. Sure didn't know a tooth root went up behind the eyeball.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 10:30 AM
  • Bon Scott

Dang I knew it wasn't working... I been using

white wine.

Rock,

I understand the depth thing, wound up with an infection and when he drilled it without any deadening I was concerned but never felt anything. Cleaned it out, let it open to drain, antibiotics, closed it up temporary to make sure, infection not gone and in 3 days I was climbing the wall every time I had a warm cup of coffee, drill it out and leave it open, more antibiotics and keep the hole over 1" deep cleaned of food particles with a miniature rat tail file. Wouldn't pulling the danged thing be more effective?

Still think the holidays might be worse.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • He was made out of tougher material then me .

-- Posted by Diseased Turtle.. on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:01 PM

DT

Was he the one who taught you to say yes sir and no sir... or was it Grandma that taught you and he just reinforced her training. :-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:22 PM
  • Wheels, Did you find your dentist to be a boring sort?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:27 PM
  • Old John,

Very!!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 12:31 PM
  • Wheels,I had a dentist,Dr Jerk M Quick I believe, that pulled a tooth at the slightest sign of root problems. Stopped the pain but left me eating pablum for a long time. Spent about $5,000 later straightening up the mess he left. Best money I ever spent.

Had a Grandfather with a third tooth that somehow grew up into the roof of his mouth and the dentist/barber pulled it through his nose.....without any deadening. I'm sure the pliers were soaked in that blue comb bottle.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 1:57 PM
  • Rock, When I was 14 Dr Jerk tried to pull one and found it was above his expertise. He sent me to and oral surgeon. The deadening had worn off so he chiseled it out live. I didn't see another dentist until I was 25 when someone convinced me it was dangerous to keep lancing under the upper lip with an exacto knife. I told the dentist I would pull the arms off his new fancy chair if it hurt like last time. The guy did root canals on three before he stopped the recurrence. A few years later another dentist pulled one and the problem persisted so he sent me to an expert for a $300 opinion concerning an $1800 extraction. I learned not to crack nuts on that side.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 4:48 PM
  • Rock and Old John

I had a Dr. Jerk when I was just a youngster and I just hated to go to the Dentist. Came to St. Louis and had some problems so went to a recommended Dentist in Wellston. Had a cavity kind of between two teeth and when he wedged them apart to work on it, I thought my head would split. Never went back to him. On another recommendation I found a dentist in University City that I went to until he retired. Meanwhile the rest of the family was going to the current dentist, so still there. He has modern high speed equipment which makes a world of difference. My childhood Dentist must have used a modified early version of a roto-hammer to drill with.

If I would have been Rock's Grandpa, I would have hurt that dentist as bad as he hurt me.

One time was on a fishing expedition to Rock Bridge Mo with a Distributor who took a bunch of us for a weekend. An older fellow got a treble hook in his thumb in a really bad spot next to the nail. He was afraid to take it out because he had a bad heart and was afraid of how that would react to the expected pain. The nearest doctor was 35 or 40 miles away. Management had some novacane from some past need and with a little checking they found they had a dentist visiting there as well. He deadened the thumb and extracted the hook for the poor guy. He was back fishing the next day.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 5:04 PM
  • Wheels, Nephew brought a city friend with him one weekend to fish in the farm pond. He got an Eagle Claw in the head and my first idea was to use the wire cutters and rotate out. Brother in law decided we best go to a doc since we didn't know the kid's family that well.

Well, the hook doctor deadened it, used a pair of pliers and pulled it out along with a big hunk of flesh and hair on the barbs.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 5:28 PM
  • I did hear of a good way to keep the dentist from hurting you. It's been around before but you just reach over and get a handful of,uh,well his "junk" and say " we aren't gonna hurt each now,are we"? Guess that was sexist. Don't know the proper procedure with a female dentist.

My root canal with a temp filling feels pretty good two days later. Should be fine for turkey day.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • " drill it out and leave it open, more antibiotics and keep the hole over 1" deep cleaned of food particles with a miniature rat tail file."

I have a word to describe that but I cant use it here.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 5:36 PM
  • Used a lot of those words,regret, but it's hard to enunciate with half your mouth numb,three hands in your mouth along with that sucker thing and the foot long wood rasp. Prob a good thing.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 7:01 PM
  • A good thing is eating that last chocolate toffee ice cream bar before she gets her mitts on it and having the excuse of a bad day at the dentist.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 26, 2014, at 7:30 PM

Respond to this thread