Speak Out: Democrats Abandoning Obama

Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:55 AM:

Why did it take them so much longer than it did the rest of us to figure him out?

Replies (166)

• A majority of their voters have figured it out. I think the democrat politicians knew he was incompetent all along but they're along for the power-ride with the prez.

When their voters figure it out (lies, deception, failed economy, etc.) then the democrats "act" like they are outraged.

Perfect example? Mary Landrieu democrat senator of Louisiana running in a tough election. She votes hugely with the party and the president including Obamacare. Now she's running from Obama and really critical of him.

Make no mistake - after the election they'll be licking his boots again.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 11:13 AM
  • Ultra wealthy democrats will continue to vote democrat. http://deadline.com/2014/10/obama-la-traffic-gwyneth-paltrow-fundraiser-closures...

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 1:01 PM
  • Below is a list of the republican accomplishments in the last 6 years:

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 1:02 PM
  • Right now I would come close to voting for Old Lucifer himself if it would get Harry Reid out of the Senate Leadership position.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:01 PM
  • "...the rest of us to figure him out?"

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is not a matter of "figuring anything out," it's a matter of the majority of Americans not hating their President as much as you do. Many disagree with him on various issues, just as I have done, but your evaluations are simply your opinions, which does not mean they are correct.

Sitting on the sidelines and playing Monday morning quarterback with a hand of "I told you so's" is also more than a bit meaningless. Many of those types are totally ignoring the "law of unintended consequences."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:12 PM
  • Common, his approval rating is abysmal. Own up to it, it's okay.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:22 PM
  • Rebel,

I realize Reid won't get voted out of office, but if they can take him out of the leadership of the Senate with a Republican majority will do for now.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:24 PM
  • Common,

Aren't you the same guy who deemed the Republican Party dead in 2009? How's your forecast working out for you about now?

I will stand on what I said regarding the Democrats finally realizing what a loser they elected twice. It's just that some of you are a little slower than the rest in coming to the realization. I recognized him for a fraud and an empty suit as far back as 2007. Maybe some of us are just a little quicker than others in figuring it out.

Get it through your thick skull, I don't hate Obama, I just hate what he is doing to this country. You do not have to hate someone to disagree with them. I disagree with you most of the time, but I don't hate you.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:34 PM
  • Rebel,

I think it is beyond possible at the moment to remove all of the dead wood in Washington. I agree it would be good if we could. But removing the obstructionist Reid and clipping Obama's wings in the process will be a start. He needs to be stopped before he does any more damage.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 2:38 PM
  • "...his approval rating is abysmal."

Looks like he's got a long way to go to match his predecessor. Plus check if the approval of Congress has gone below zero yet.

"In the final full month of his Presidency, just 13% of American adults said they Strongly Approved of the way that George W. Bush performed his job as president. Forty-three percent (43%) Strongly Disapproved."

But now ...

"The newest Zogby Analytics poll shows President Barack Obama's overall approval rating at 44%, while 54% disapprove, and 2% are not sure. The new online poll, conducted October 3-5 among 898 likely voters nationwide, has Mr. Obama in a negligibly improved position from last month's Zogby Poll which showed him pretty much the same at 43% approval and 55% disapproval."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnzogby/2014/10/06/zogby-analytics-poll-obama-appr...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 3:56 PM
  • "...Republican Party dead in 2009? How's your forecast..."

I believe what I said was the republican party was becoming a party of old white men, and was in decline with reference to national elections. But even now, a few republican governors are losing in races they were supposed to be winning in a "landslide."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 3:59 PM
  • Democrats don't want to be near him Wheels but a few on here like leftie, commonsensematters, Dexterite1 but within time they will see the light as well. The guy is not a leader and I would say the same thing if he was a republican the man doesn't know what he is doing.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:00 PM
  • Swamp,

Some on SO are just slower learners than others.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:14 PM
  • "...SO are just slower learners than others."

Yes, the SO group of conservatives are certainly that. And you remember what everyone says about conservatives and logic...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:29 PM
  • "I believe what I said was the republican party was becoming a party of old white men..."

commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 3:59 PM

That's kind of a racist statement don't you think common?...

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:37 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 3:56 PM

Earth to common, NOBODY CARES ABOUT GEORGE W BUSH. Just in case you missed it, he left office six years ago.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:40 PM
  • Common

Another one of your hallucinations. Not everyone says anything in 100% agreement. In fact you are the only one I have ever heard state that Conservatives lack logic. Further, experience proves to me they think things through very thoroughly before jumping on a common huckster's bandwagon!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:50 PM
  • Conservatives lack logic.....there !!

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:55 PM
  • Common

Another one of your hallucinations. Not everyone says anything in 100% agreement. In fact you are the only one I have ever heard state that Conservatives lack logic. Further, experience proves to me they think things through very thoroughly before jumping on a common huckster's bandwagon!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:57 PM
  • The latest AP poll shows Obama with a huge spread - 58% disapprove and 42% approve.

Abysmal.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 5:32 PM
  • Numbers Bush would have killed for !!!!!

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 5:37 PM
  • Numbers Bush would have killed for !!!!!

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 5:37 PM

Earth to lefty, NOBODY CARES ABOUT GEORGE W BUSH!!!....The sad thing about that is, it's all you "liberals" got.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 5:55 PM
  • Bush: US Debt Increase = $2.9 Trillion

Obama: Us Debt Increase = $7 Trillion

====

Bush: Highest Unemployment rate = 7.3%

Obama: Highest Unemployement reate = 10%

====

Bush ain't worried about his numbers. You are officially "blind" lefty turn.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 6:02 PM
  • That's kind of a racist statement don't you think common?...

PC whiner

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 6:12 PM
  • Bush: US Debt Increase = $2.9 Trillion

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 6:02 PM

Which Bush? Because if you think Dubya's contribution to the national debt was only 2.9 trillion, you're a low info voter.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 6:14 PM
  • L'Spags - we don't need your "liberal" math.

"The marketable debt of the U.S. government has more than doubled--climbing by 106 percent--while President Barack Obama has been in office, increasing from $5,749,916,000,000 at the end of January 2009 to $11,825,322,000,000 at the end of January 2014, according to the U.S. Treasury's latest Monthly Statement of the Public Debt.

During the eight-year presidency of George W. Bush, the marketable debt of the U.S. government almost doubled--climbing 93 percent--from $2,977,328,000,000 at the end of January 2001 to $5,749,916,000,000 at the end of January 2009.

During the time that Bush and Obama have been in office, the marketable debt of the U.S. government has nearly quadrupled, increasing by $8,847,994,000,000."

====

From the US Treasury - Obama's boys. Looks like you're the low info voter here Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:40 PM
  • That's kind of a racist statement don't you think common?...

PC whiner

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 6:12 PM

Smell the sarcasm L'Spicoli. That type of stuff doesn't bother me in the least bit. I'm making fun of the biggest catch phrase you and all the "liberals" have...If one of the conservatives on here would have used the same phrase, you and the other "liberals" would have had a meltdown.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:43 PM
  • Hypocracy; the true definition of liberalism.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:44 PM
  • UBBA- Unending Bush Bashing Again.

UBBA UBBA UBBA UBBA UBBA UBBA UBBA,RACIST!!!

Scratch head and repeat.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:00 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:21 PM
  • Should be 'See what happens'

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:47 PM
  • OJ, I heard a couple of interviews with some of her campaign people. All I can say is, wow. They were talking about how much Grimes actually hates the coal industry, but has to act like she likes it until she gets elected. It was pretty scary stuff.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 9:08 PM
  • Those dastardly republicans again.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/10/us/politics/republican-strategy-midterm-electi...

I think this article is a call for democrats to refine their talking points.

```

BonScott, I think people are starting to see through some of these phoney politicians on both sides.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 9:24 PM
  • More proof that democrats are more logical. :)

A famous actress [one that I have never heard of and that includes a lot of them nowadays] gives her support for 'whatever'?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/09/famous-actress-on-obama-it-would-be-w...

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 9:35 PM
  • Why is it Dug, BonScott,rocknroll,Wheels and a few others on here don't like the mention of Bush's name? It's like they want to forget that terrible time in American history. Can someone explain?

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:07 PM
  • Left, It's because many are tired of hearing you blaming Bush for Obama's failures.

Sorry you had such a terrible time.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:28 PM
  • Why is it Dug, BonScott,rocknroll,Wheels and a few others on here don't like the mention of Bush's name? It's like they want to forget that terrible time in American history. Can someone explain?

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:07 PM

Because he is no longer president. History is great and I'm all for it, but that's exactly what it is, history. You guys act like we loved all things Bush and that couldn't be further from the truth...Obama needs to own up to his mistakes and quit blaming everyone else, including George Bush.

-- Posted by BonScott on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:31 PM
  • Lefty,

I was tired of Bush even before he started the bailouts, but dam I would be glad to see him back after 6 years of this clown.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 10:41 PM
  • Wheels, I liked GW just fine until he caved in and did what the democrats wanted in order to try to bring some unity in purpose of congress. It's a proven fact that the so called 'compromise' that the libs tout as a failing trait of conservatives is a poison carrot designed to advance the 'Forward' agenda of progressives.

Take a look around us. All the failures and out and out lies of this presidential administration that have been down graded to 'scandals.

Libs counter with such nonsense it's down right comical except so many ignorant people believing the propaganda gives way to a bleak future for our republic.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 11:02 PM
  • Old John,

Bush's spending bothered me after awhile and then the too big to fail deal I was totally against.

But Bush's spending compared to Obama's makes Bush look like a Piker.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:28 AM
  • "....only one I have ever heard state that Conservatives lack logic."

Perhaps you have been listening to the wrong people.

I go back to my favorite example, republican presidential candidates rejecting $10 of spending cuts if coupled with $1 in taxes.

Millions of Americans rightly and logically saw that as a $9 spending cut. Illogically, the conservatives were unable to make that connection.

Or this...

Conservatives are against abortion; planning for parenthood reduces the likelihood of abortion. Illogically, republicans want to defund planned parenthood that increases abortions.

I would suggest that it is highly doubtful that I am the "only one" who recognizes the lack of logic in conservative positions.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:23 AM
  • "...makes Bush look like a Piker."

Perhaps it slipped your mind that Congress approves all spending. How is that the fault of President Bush or President Obama?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:25 AM
  • "...own up to his mistakes..."

That in itself is true, but if you really want to make an honest appraisal of the President Obama administration you must consider the state of the nation when he started.

For example here's a frequent misleading statement...

"Bush: Highest Unemployment rate = 7.3%

Obama: Highest Unemployment rate = 10%"

During the President Bush administration unemployment began at 4% and grew to 7.3% and continued that increase through 2009. During the President Obama administration the growth of unemployment reached a peak of just under 10%, but then fell to below 5.9%

"Bush: Highest Unemployment rate = 7.3% but started a 4% for a 3.3% increase.

Obama: Highest Unemployment rate = 10%" but has fallen to 5.9% for a 4.1% decrease.

It's just amazing, what an honest appraisal can tell you about an administration.

- - - - - - - -

Take another well worn example...

During the President Bush administration, a dictator was removed at a cost of 4400 American lives and one trillion American dollars.

During the President Obama administration, a dictator was removed at a cost of zero American lives and one billion American dollars.

Like I said, isn't it just amazing, what an honest appraisal can tell you about an administration.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:48 AM
  • "...daily bases is illogical in of itself."

First of all it's not on a daily basis.

Even today, it was only brought up because someone implied that conservatives were "slow learners" and I suggested that possibly this was because of their well recognized dearth of logic.

Furthermore, I have never said nor implied that I am the "...only poster with logic..." and the issue normally surfaces only when there are unjustified and inaccurate accusations directed toward the administration.

As for the claim that "...all politicians and political parties lack logic..." I would be inclined to agree, but republicans make it so easy to point their lapses out. But yes, I have mentioned more than a few times, that the President's failure to push Simpson-Bowles was wrong, and could be defined as a lack of logic, but then he ran up against the republican illogical "no new taxes" pledge.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:09 AM
  • Rick, be careful. You're trying to argue with a "liberal" teacher who probably has never held a job in the private sector. Common's view of government is like looking through a roll of toilet paper. He only sees what he wants to see. Example; his labor numbers. That is almost laughable.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:18 AM
  • Only the illogical would call for any tax increase at a time when government is collecting record revenues.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:25 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rebel on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:21 AM

You're probably right Rick. Did you coin "Obamberal"?....I like it.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:28 AM
  • "...would be an opinion and not necessarily a fact."

It is a fact that all eight of the republican presidential candidates in the 2012 debates refused to accept the equivalent of a $9 dollar spending cut, yet they all claimed to be for spending cuts. Illogical fact, no?

"Please identify who this dictator was."

Gaddafi.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:29 AM
  • "...with a "liberal" teacher who probably has never held a job in the private sector..."

Why would you believe either of those false claims?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:31 AM
  • I love the entertainment on these threads! It's fun.

Lefty Turn: "Bush would love to have Obama's numbers"

Dug: "Bush unemployment high - 7.3%, Obama unemployment high 10%"

Common: "10% unemployment is better than 7.3%" - now thats some "liberal logic" for you. The new "common core" math.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:41 AM
  • "...with a "liberal" teacher who probably has never held a job in the private sector..."

Why would you believe either of those false claims?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:31 AM

Should I have said "liberal" substitute teacher?...and, non-Union private sector job?

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:53 AM
  • "...ordeal in Benghazi , no ?"

No. The events were unrelated.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 8:22 AM
  • Perhaps it's a good time to cue up a love song for common.

Just about any great belly rubber by The Righteous Brothers? Or one of the best,"At Last" by Etta James? "I Can't help myself" by The 4 Tops and "The way you make me feel" by Michael Jackson should be considered for sure. Probably shouldn't go with Percy Sledge's "When a man loves a woman". All those are great but the one to play is "Don't dream it's over" by Crowded House.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 8:43 AM
  • rnr - "When a man loves a woman" - the best!

Keep the laughs coming!!! :-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 9:11 AM
  • 'See what happens'

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 8:47 PM

Common, Your so predictable! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 9:55 AM
  • -- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 8:43 AM

Rock: In today's Liberal PC world, the song's new title is: When a Man Loves a Woman or Man, it doesn't matter.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 9:55 AM
  • Another example of "liberal" hypocracy: Feminist and "Women's Rights" activists love Bill Clinton...hmmm?

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:01 AM
  • Common,

You like to twist and turn things around with partial statements as I will demonstrate below, and then state them as fact.

This morning you posted:

Even today, it was only brought up because someone implied that conservatives were "slow learners" and I suggested that possibly this was because of their well recognized dearth of logic.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:09 AM

Common, I find nowhere in this thread that anyone said or implied that Conservatives were slow learners. In fact below is what transpired.

From yesterday:

Democrats don't want to be near him Wheels but a few on here like leftie, commonsensematters, Dexterite1 but within time they will see the light as well. The guy is not a leader and I would say the same thing if he was a republican the man doesn't know what he is doing.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:00 PM

Swamp,

Some on SO are just slower learners than others.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:14 PM

"...SO are just slower learners than others."

Yes, the SO group of conservatives are certainly that. And you remember what everyone says about conservatives and logic...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 4:29 PM

Common,

You fabricated that someone implied that Conservatives were slow learners.

I implied to Swamp that the folks he mentioned in his post were "slow learners" and you tell everybody that someone, namely me, implied that Conservatives were slow learners.... that was a lie.

A petty point but made to expose your dishonesty in the statement.

So much for your "honest appraisal" of the situation this morning!

If you are not careful you are going to turn into as big a fraud as your idol.... Obama.

If you do not like what I said in this post.... quit twisting what I post with partial statements in quotes and stick to the truth.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:21 AM
  • "Your so predictable! :)"

You're so predictable...

So are you.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:00 AM
  • "...everybody that someone, namely me, implied that Conservatives were slow learners.... that was a lie."

Sorry, I guess you really didn't make it clear as who you were accusing of being "slow learners."

Since conservatives are always stepping on their "toes" and have this problem with logic, I naturally thought you were referring to them.

Like republican Governor Jindal who specifically gave an "...instruction that Republicans need to stop being the "stupid party."

That was a republican that pointed that out, I clearly did not make it up.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:13 AM
  • ...and that's the truth.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:14 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:13 AM

That posting is why no one takes you seriously. You care nothing about logic - only about party and power.

...and that's the truth.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:17 AM
  • Common,

Republicans and Conservatives are not necessarily the same thing. That has been explained to you more than once before.

If Jindal said that I would have to believe he is speaking of the Republicans that have drifted so far left they are indistinguishable from Leftist/Socialist Democrats.

And I will qualify that.... there are still a few real Democrats left, but they are getting harder to find.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:50 AM
  • "Sorry, I guess you really didn't make it clear as who you were accusing of being "slow learners.""

Common, I think I made it clear enough that anyone who had passed the 5th grade should be able to read and comprehend what I said. I don't believe anybody else had a problem understanding what I said. If so, I would appreciate hearing from them and I will try typing slower next time.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 11:54 AM
  • "...able to read and comprehend what I said."

Being able to read and comprehend is not a problem, having to try to engineer rational thoughts from your contributions is more difficult.

For example, one of your initial comments above was...

"I just hate what he is doing to this country."

Just exactly what does that mean?

On the national level economically, the stock market is up, the economy is growing, unemployment is decreasing. Would you want all those trends to be reversed?

But concentrating on the local level, what specifically has the President done to this area that you hate. Having lived around here for close to 20 years, I have seen some changes, but much is still exactly the same.

There are new Walmarts, large new stores, new SEMO buildings, the casino, new hospital construction, a new Mississippi River bridge, but nothing that I would by any stretch of the imagination consider to be "damaging" to this country.

I recognize that people can be extremely quick to criticize each and every incident and claim tremendous damage being done when there's no concrete evidence of any of this evildoing.

But basically I see nothing in Southeast Missouri that is being done "hatefully."

I can also predict that you will be unable to pin down specifics, and all I really expect is a "if you don't already know, you must be a 'slow learner'" reply. So if that's all you have don't bother typing slowly, just ignore the question as being too hard.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:19 PM
  • If the question was "What specifically has the policies of the liberals, headed by the Fundraiser in Chief, done to make the country or our local community better?", I would just ignore the question as being too hard.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:48 PM
  • Here Super Sub(aka common), I'll try: 1)Obamacare(unconstitutional) 2)Dream Act and amnesty(unconstitutional) 3)Auto bailout(unconstitutional)...do I need to keep going?

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:48 PM
  • On the national level economically-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:19 PM

NONE of what you posted is worth a grain of salt with a $17+ TRILLION debt that Obama will have more than doubled in 2016.

You can only have two views of this - both of which are completely wrong:

-the debt is not real. It's just fake and not something that should be considered.

-if you make $30,000 a year it's OK to buy a $5 million house because, after all, debt doesn't matter. Your economics leads one to believe that a debt of $30 Trillion would be better because the economy would look good.

Nothing you've quoted is worth $17+ trillion in debt. And only 1/2 of what you posted is even close to true.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:48 PM
  • "Being able to read and comprehend is not a problem, having to try to engineer rational thoughts from your contributions is more difficult."

If my contributions are too difficult for you, I would invite you to not read them. There are plenty of people who understand where I am coming from without fretting about your ignorance in understanding.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 12:51 PM
  • ""I just hate what he is doing to this country.""

Yes, I said that and I stand by it.

Without going into great detail some of the things Obama has either stood for or waffled and changed his stand on for political reasons are:

1. Obamacare.... a disaster and Obama and the Democrats own it.

2. Immigration Control.... we hassle people trying to come in legally and want to give amnesty to illegals.

3. Border Security.... with the Terror situation out of control in the World, our borders are as porous as a screendoor.

4. Ebola.... no danger to the U.S. he says and almost immediately a man enters the country with it and has possibly infected at least 100 people, yet he will not even consider quarantining the African countries with the outbreaks until it is brought under control.

5. ISIS has come into being with Obama at the helm and it his denials of Radical Islam Terrorism that is at fault.

6. Obama's war on coal which was at one time described as Black Diamonds. If we spent the amount of time and money on developing cleaner technology, that we do on less worthy projects, I am confident our money would be better spent than pursing subjects such as does a Marsupial Butterfly exist and what is it's sex life like.... or some equally as stupid project.

7. Obama's lack of integrity where nothing is his fault and he is willing to throw partners under the bus to protect his own sorry behind.

8. Obama's refusal to allow calling incidents of terrorism just what they are. The Fort Hood Massacre by a radical Muslim was not "Work Place Violence"... it was terrorism plain and simple.

There are more, but a question for you Common, going back to the title of this thread... why are "Democrats Abandoning Obama"? Can you answer that question Mr. Common? They are doing so in droves you know.

Another question.... are we safer now than we were when Obama took office?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 1:28 PM
  • "...why are "Democrats Abandoning Obama"?

My answer is that they are not. His lowest 3 day apporval average had been 37% and the most recent weekly average is 43%. How is that being "abandoned?"

"...are we safer now than we were when Obama took office?"

There I'd say yes. The threat to the nation is as low as it has ever been. I definitely do not put any credence to the ISIS boasts of raising a "black flag" over the White House. Check how little concern the Israelis have over the ISIS JV threat. They have actually said that ISIS could help get more Muslim nations on their side.

It's truly fascinating to watch how conservatives wring their hands in panic because murderers from ISIS killed someone and now claim to target the US and threaten them. Sorry that you're so terrified.

Yes, we are as safe now as we have ever been.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:21 PM
  • Exactly common. Kind of like that crazy thought of 9 guys with box knives high jacking a bunch of commercial airliners and flying them into tall buildings. What a crazy thought...

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:28 PM
  • From the US Treasury - Obama's boys. Looks like you're the low info voter here Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:40 PM

Yeah your unlinked quotes don't even support your original claim. So dishonest.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:31 PM
  • I'll address your 8 "problems" in due time.

Also "There are plenty of people who understand where I am coming from..." which I will take to mean that there are a number of like- minded people on SO that may agree with you. And many know where you're coming from, but question the logic of where you're going.

Believe it or not, your contributions are in no way "too difficult" they are just very obvious and severely repetitive, but that's always your privilege.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:32 PM
  • From the US Treasury - Obama's boys. Looks like you're the low info voter here Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags.

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Oct 9, 2014, at 7:40 PM

Did you get that cut n paste from a right-wing news website?? cnsnews.com?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:37 PM
  • Yeah your unlinked quotes don't even support your original claim. So dishonest. -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:31 PM

More liberal math. Take $5.8 Trillion and subtract $2.9 trillion. Take off your shoes and use your toes if you need to. It's close enough to $2.9 trillion.

Now slice it to the exact $$ so you can avoid the whole point of massive debt under Obama v Bush since lefty says Bush would love to have Obama's numbers.

So now I have to add "so dishonest" to "low info" for you. Does that hurt you terribly? It doesn't bother me a bit. Your reputation - your own words - scare you to death. Why did you have all your posts deleted Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:38 PM
  • Poor dug now has to act like he meant marketable debt, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, when we all know what he meant. More dishonest dug.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:39 PM
  • Why no links to website you directly copied and pasted those quotes from dug?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:41 PM
  • Sorry that you're so terrified.

Yes, we are as safe now as we have ever been.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:21 PM

One, I am not terrified, just concerned for my grandchildren's future which looks bleaker than it did for my children.

Two, the "safe now as we have ever been" is pure BS. Being just your opinion, it doesn't count for much.

"...why are "Democrats Abandoning Obama"?

"My answer is that they are not....."

Really? Do you not have a TV to watch the news and comments from various Democrats? And Leon Panetta was just praising Obama in his book.... right? To me, when I watched Panetta speaking on his concerns, he certainly did not display your confidence in the man and his face showed definite worry/concern.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:42 PM
  • Why no links to website you directly copied and pasted those quotes from dug? -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:41 PM

Because it torments you so.

"Use the google" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:47 PM
  • ".....severely repetitive" Says the man who has repeated himself over and over and over in the past 6 years. That's funny Common, coming from you the king of "Ditto".

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:50 PM
  • Jay/Ike/Spaniard - FOUND THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND FOR YOU - check out these excellent candidates. Since, apparently, your last one dumped you. These are the perfect marriage of the man you worship and a woman:

http://www.ayblog.com/funny-pictures-of-barack-obama-in-women-getup/

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:56 PM
  • Just heard an interview with one of the U.S. Generals on the border talking about the possible Ebola outbreak...He said if hits Haiti or Central America, we better katybar the door, because they will try to come here in droves...Common is not concerned though. He feels safer than ever. 👎

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:01 PM
  • I heard it's getting so bad that the Kenyan government has ordered all the "Birthplace of Obama" signs removed.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:19 PM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:56 PM

Oh Dug, I wish you had not posted that link to the pictures. Common will have a thrill running up his leg like old whatz his name the anchor man.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:23 PM
  • ...Chris "I have a tingle up my leg" Matthews...What kind of grown man would make such a comment? Well, I think we all know.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:41 PM
  • "...TV to watch the news and comments from various Democrats?"

Clinton's probably running, Panetta's trying to sell books. "I told you so" sells better than "I didn't know either."

No one can say with certainty what would have happened had President Bush not signed the treaty to leave Iraq. Panetta's speculation is only slightly more credible than yours, but it's still speculation. The unknown, unintended consequences are always there.

What else you got?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:45 PM
  • "...is not concerned though. He feels safer than ever."

That's correct. The chances of an ebola carrying ISIS JV guy getting to Cape Girardeau are about the same as you getting attacked by a polar bear and bitten by a shark at the exact same time in Bollinger County. Sorry that you're so scared.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 3:51 PM
  • "Panetta's speculation is only slightly more credible than yours, but it's still speculation."

Hmmmmm! I thought Panetta was "boots on the ground" in the White House.... and here you are telling me you have a better fix on the situation sitting out there in Bollinger County on a rock pile. Now that defies logic!

Common probably not going to get bit by either critter in Bollinger County, or anyplace else for that matter. I haven't lived in Bollinger County for almost 60 years now, although have relatives living there and I do own property which I visit, but I will be careful while I am there, thanks for the warning.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:04 PM
  • Common, your arrogance and ignorance is starting to resemble a former poster. And it's this kind of attitude that allows me to say, "look past the end of your arm". I hope none of your love ones get affected by something that should have never gotten here.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:23 PM
  • Wheels, Watch out for the raging elk our government brought in.

As Paul Harvey conveyed: The game wardens knocked on the lady's door and proclaimed a cougar was in her garage! She promptly told them that was a Buick!

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:23 PM
  • Wheels - I had a big laugh at those photos as well. Kinda fits with rnr's "When a man loves a woman" earlier today. Funny pics!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:40 PM
  • ""look past the end of your arm""

Bon Scott,

You're giving em way to much credit I tell you man. The folks you are responding to cannot see past the end of their NOSE.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:45 PM
  • "Wheels - I had a big laugh at those photos as well."

Dug, they made me ill, thought I was going to upchuck the raisin bran I had for lunch.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:46 PM
  • I know wheels, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy:)

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:47 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:23 PM

Old John... was that lady a leftist Democrat?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:48 PM
  • Bon Scott,

I would say my glass was empty and I needed to refill it, but I just polished off a coke and just one of them is enough for a spell.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 4:52 PM
  • Great pics! Little early for Halloween. Saw another one where he and the Mooch heads were switched. He looked ravishing in her evening gown and she seemed right at home in his tux.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:42 PM
  • "...your arrogance and ignorance is starting to..."

How is it "arrogance" to ignore silly comments?

And referring to someone as "ignorant" because they don't agree with your opinion is basically absurd.

"...And it's this kind of attitude that allows..." nothing?" What kind of "attitude" are you so concerned about. That I disagree with your statements?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 6:57 PM
  • -- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:03 PM
  • Common, it's your ignorance towards the constitution and how this country was truly set up to run properly. I could give two poohs if you agree with me or not. Because to me, you're just a "liberal" sub, nothing more nothing less.

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:24 PM
  • "And referring to someone as "ignorant" because they don't agree with your opinion is basically absurd."

I think he meant "ignorant" because you don't understand.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:28 PM
  • Correct Regret...

-- Posted by BonScott on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:32 PM
  • -- Posted by Theorist on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 7:21 PM

Poor Theo - no humor? Does it disgust you so bad to see a man in power in photoshopped pictures?

What a dismal life. Smile and laugh once in a while.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 10:49 PM
  • Dug,

Not sure it made Theorist sick to her stomach for the same reason as it did me. Putting that loser in a skirt with long hair is an insult to women in my opinion.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:33 AM
  • "...ignorance towards the constitution and how this country was truly set up to run properly."

Again, that's merely your opinion, and that's fine with me. And I agree with you in that neither of us need be concerned (or give "poohs") about the other's thoughts.

People on SO are obviously free to disparage the President and the nation to their hearts content. Just as I am free to point out how meaningless, silly, and illogical (could not resist) their unfounded accusations are.

If you want to criticize President Obama for his failure to get Simpson-Bowles implemented, I will agree with you absolutely. If you try to assert that the entire nation will be in ruins within the next 30 months, I would say that's both improbable and unachievable.

How that equates to "...ignorance towards the constitution and how this country was truly set up to run properly," is highly questionable. Unless SO has its own version of the Constitution, I would say theirs is no different than mine, and I understand mine.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:39 AM
  • Here is my opinion on your complaints...

1. Obamacare.... The ACA affects only about 25% of Americans. In a recent poll approximately 80% said it either was helpful to them or it had not affected them. There is no question that republicans are obsessed with its repeal but the general population is not.

2. Immigration Control.... There is no "amnesty" in place. Illegal immigrants that met certain criteria (such as having served honorably in the military) were given a deferral while Congress takes action. More criminal illegals have been deported than ever before.

3. Border Security.... The southern border is more secure than it ever has been. "...porous as a screen door," is a figment of conservative imaginations. There are more walls, more surveillance, and more agents. The "prayer rug" found in the desert was a remnant of a sweat suit.

4. Ebola.... The guy entered the country without disclosing he had contacted someone who was likely infected. There was a low probability of that happening and that's still the case. No one said it was impossible for ebola to appear in this country. If "...quarantining the African countries with the outbreaks..." were to be done, it could cause unnecessary panic in those countries causing even more people to become infected and increasing the spread.

5. ISIS has come into being with Obama at the helm, and that is the case. The existence of radical Islam terrorism is the fault of schisms within the religion. No one in the west created it. Right now it is being attacked in the best manner possible and practical.

6. Obama's war on coal which was at one time described as Black Diamonds does not exist. The coal producing companies and states are the ones that should spend "...time and money on developing cleaner technology..." as it is totally in their interest.

7. Obama's supposed lack of integrity where nothing is his fault is just your opinion, about which you have little factual information

8. Obama's refusal to allow calling incidents of terrorism just what they are is another fabrication by republicans (he called Benghazi and act of terror the next day). The Fort Hood Massacre was carried out by a crazy person.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:52 AM
  • So none of those appear to be reasons "to abandon President Obama."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:53 AM
  • I have to commend you common. Your blind loyalty is truly impressive. You're view of government and the constitution is so skewed it's not worth arguing. And that's not opinion, that is fact....Good day common.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 9:17 AM
  • Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:52 AM

Common

My wife felt I was too outspoken at social gatherings and she didn't like my favorite word I used when I felt someone was being deceptive. So she sent me to Charm School, where I learned a new favorite word.

I think this is an appropriate time to try out my new word.

Fantastic!!

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 9:45 AM
  • Rebel,

I abandoned any idea of supporting Obama in 2007 when I correctly evaluated him as unfit to be President of the United States of America.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:01 AM
  • "You're [your] view of government..."

Again strangely enough, we agree. The views of government and the Constitution held by the SO group of old, white, male, conservatives (whether that describes you personally is irrelevant) is in my opinion skewed, and they really are not worth arguing with.

There have been numerous occasions that I have explained that my view of government is that discretionary spending should be reduced, government be made smaller by zero-based budgeting, Social Security and Medicare be put on a self-sustaining basis, and tax reform be initiated to close loopholes with increased revenue going to reduce the deficit.

You not liking, understanding or accepting that is only your opinion, and has no basis in "fact." There is absolutely no reason for me to stop defending the President, and it has certainly nothing to do with "blind loyalty" and everything to do with comprehension of what's going on in the country and the world, and correcting the flood of misinformation on SO.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:29 AM
  • Here in St Charles we have a large statue in Riverfront Park of Lewis and Clark, along with the big dog Seaman

Maybe in a couple of hundred years they will erect another statue in Riverfront Park of Obama and his faithful lapdog..... Common.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:20 AM
  • "You're [your] view of government..."

Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 10:29 AM

The "liberal" super sub is at it again...There is not a chance in hell common that I believe you want smaller government. And as I've said before; if you really do, you wouldn't support this president or the majority of people in congress, democrat or republican.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:22 AM
  • "....is not a chance in hell..."

Then that's your own problem. I'm not in any way concerned about what you do or don't believe. I know you're wrong and that's what matters to me.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:41 AM
  • "...criticised is part of being a President..."

Why do you seem to think I object to the President being criticized?

I've done the same. I believe he was wrong in not following up on Simpson-Bowles. It was his fault for not qualifying some of his statements on the ACA. I disagree with his position on gays in the military.

I have no problem with people criticizing him.

It's the absurd claims I object to.

As in...

He's going to destroy the nation.

He wants Muslims to rule the world.

ISIS will take over the country.

He wants all Americans to be dependent on government.

The ACA will ruin "the greatest health care system" in the world.

And so on. That's what I object to.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:59 PM
  • And so on. That's what I object to.

Object away.... but you are highly unlikely of succeeding at covering up what a good number of us see happening with our own eyes.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:13 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 12:59 PM

The last statement I agree with. Mainly because the constitution doesn't grant the government that authority(another example of why you're wrong common)....Can you please provide us documentation of the other statements you provided. Because I don't recall any of the conservatives on here saying such. Refresh my memory please.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:14 PM
  • And so on. That's what I object to.

PS:

Common, it is painfully obvious that you are a Democrat first and foremost and an objective American second. Obama is a Democrat and he can do nothing of consequence wrong in your eyes.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:16 PM
  • "Wheels, I have to disagree with you, my guess is, common is a Republican"

Oh Lord BC, are you trying to make a funny? Have you ever heard how this guy talks about Republicans? You're going to loose your credibility with statements like that. ;-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:33 PM
  • "...number of us see happening with our own eyes."

That's exactly what I was referring to above. What "damage to the nation" have you "seen with your own eyes" here in southeast Missouri? I don't mean what you've seen on Hannity or Fox, what has happened here locally?

"...provide us documentation of the other statements..."

Sorry, you're going to have to do your own work. Start with the Limbaugh silly stuff that gets parroted on SO.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:57 PM
  • -- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 1:50 PM

BC, anything is possible I guess, but I have a really hard time seeing him as a Republican.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:05 PM
  • That's exactly what I was referring to above. What "damage to the nation" have you "seen with your own eyes" here in southeast Missouri?

Common,

I don't live in Southeast Missouri, as I told you yesterday.

I grew up in Southeast Missouri. But it does not matter exactly where I live in America. Where I sit will not be spared.... if the country is affected I am affected in one way or another. If the country goes down the tubes you and I will go with it Common. Nobody hunkered down in their bunkers in Washington will even acknowledge they ever heard our names. We are peons, nothing whatsoever to the politicians.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:12 PM
  • -- Posted by BCStoned on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:05 PM

I will read the book review. I will not promise to read the book. My attention span while reading a book is really waning, and I used to read a lot. Think I may have too many balls in the air for my mental reaction times anymore.

Which just reminded me, that I started to read a book on financial planning some time ago and now I cannot remember where I put it.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:18 PM
  • Sorry, you're going to have to do your own work. Start with the Limbaugh silly stuff that gets parroted on SO.

I've have a pretty good memory common and I don't recall reading any of those comments on here...FYI, I don't listen to Limbaugh or Hannity, and I don't watch Fox News. I know that irritates you so called "liberals", because I've retained my knowledge over the years and through real world experience(ie private sector business). And I've read the constitution and understand what it means and stands for....Enjoy that teachers pension common. It's people like you that are killing public education(along with the federal government) and indoctrinating the future of this country.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:35 PM
  • Common, et al, make up outrageous general claims to call people illogical. As BS says, I don't remember anyone saying those things on here that he made up, or in this thread either.

Common is actually.... common. There are many people like him that would vote for Obama a 3rd time if it were possible. Despite the

-record debt under this president

-record unemployment since the BLS began tracking numbers

-record number of Americans not working and unemployed

-refusal to enforce immigration laws

-killing of our coal industry / oil (keystone) jobs

-weakness he projects that even Obama's democrats disdain

The list is a lot longer... targeting his opponents with the IRS, lying about Benghazi, lying about "keeping your insurance" on and on.

Common would vote for him again in a heart beat. That's the scary part. The only people I've ever seen swoon like Common were in videos of people lining the streets for Hitler and crying as he went by.

Scary.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:51 PM
  • There is not a chance in hell common that I believe you want smaller government. And as I've said before; if you really do, you wouldn't support this president or the majority of people in congress, democrat or republican.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 11:22 AM

If you voted for a republican in the last congressional election for the house of representatives, then you don't have any room to talk, based on your own words...

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 2:53 PM
  • Says the guy who posted this gem of judgement:

"The US had little to do with ending Hitler's reign" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags.

Yep - that's some real discernment there L'Spags. Of course believe believe what you post.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 3:25 PM
  • Why no links to website you directly copied and pasted those quotes from dug? -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:41 PM

Because it torments you so.

"Use the google" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:47 PM

Dug previously stated that libs who don't post links are hypocrites. His words.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 3:42 PM
  • Jay/Ike/Spaniard - FOUND THE PERFECT GIRLFRIEND FOR YOU - check out these excellent candidates. Since, apparently, your last one dumped you. These are the perfect marriage of the man you worship and a woman:

http://www.ayblog.com/funny-pictures-of-...

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Oct 10, 2014, at 2:56 PM

Why am I not surprised that you would be aware of a website like this? Pervert.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 3:44 PM
  • That's funny stuff L'Spicoli. Thanks for reposting.

-- Posted by BonScott on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:01 PM
  • The US had little to do with ending Hitler's reign" - Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags.

Yep - that's some real discernment there L'Spags. Of course believe believe what you post.

-- Posted by Dug on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 3:25 PM

Do you still believe that those who post quotes without links are hypocrites Prof. Dug?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:15 PM
  • Do you still believe that those who post quotes without links are hypocrites Prof. Dug?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:15 PM

Want me to re-post that gem? And then re-post all of your unlinked quotes?

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:32 PM
  • "I don't recall reading any of those comments on here..."

Wow, maybe that means that the SO group agrees that all of those absurd claims about President Obama really are untrue, and I was right all the time.

"Enjoy that teachers pension..."

Just one more thing that you've made up. No wonder no one takes you and the group seriously.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:54 PM
  • "Enjoy that teachers pension..."

Just one more thing that you've made up. No wonder no one takes you and the group seriously.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:54 PM

They lie freely and they don't even care.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:02 PM
  • What I recall of most past posts is that when liberals defending Obama can't find a talking point for dispute, then next is change the subject or start up with the conservatives lack logic again.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:06 PM
  • What I recall of most past posts is that when liberals defending Obama can't find a talking point for dispute, then next is change the subject or start up with the conservatives lack logic again.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:06 PM

What I recall is when mouth breathing cons get called on their lies, they bring up Obama.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:12 PM
  • "....and an objective American second."

How can that be since I support republican positions like reduced government, less spending, sustainable Social Security and Medicare, and democratic positions on reform of the tax code and using increased revenue to reduce the deficit.

Seems like that would clearly make me more of an objective American, rather than less. Definitely moreso than those on one partisan side or the other.

And why would I dislike republicans, as both my daughter and one of my sons are ones. I just object to unfair and unsubstantiated attacks on the country and its President.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:17 PM
  • "Wow, maybe that means that the SO group agrees that all of those absurd claims about President Obama really are untrue, and I was right all the time."

Only in your dreams quiz kid.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:21 PM
  • So, Collect more revenue and all is well. That cut spending thing is wiped out by that sustainable thing.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:26 PM
  • I just object to unfair and unsubstantiated attacks on the country and its President.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:17 PM

It's ok when they lie about you.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 5:34 PM
  • I have no desire to lie about or near you, don't reckon any of the so such gloriously proclaimed SO gang does.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 6:08 PM
  • Old John,

If Ike and Common are looking for lies all they have to do is start paying attention to what their glorious leader is saying. During Clinton's term it was said that he would rather climb a tree to tell a lie than stand on the ground and tell the truth. Barack Hussein Obama puts Clinton to shame with his lying abilities.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 6:20 PM
  • Wheels, I'm just poking fun at Ike's most profound comments that lack adherence to the rules of proper superior discussion outlined by another lib.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 6:29 PM
  • "That cut spending thing is wiped out by that sustainable thing."

Guess some still don't get it. To make it understandable for all: Discretionary spending is reduced, Social Security and Medicare deductions, rates and pay outs are adjusted to make the programs sustainable without added general revenue. That should be "republican" enough for anyone.

Increased revenue from tax reform, including loophole elimination, is dedicated specifically and only for deficit reduction. (That means no increased spending.)

And on top of that reductions in the size and cost of government should be made by subjecting both funding and manpower to zero-based justification.

It's hard to see how more logical and objectively all-American and bi-partisan anyone can get.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:01 PM
  • Common, The logical part goes away with thinking democrat liberal progressives can change their ways of depending on give away promises to get votes and stay in power. In doing so they have to convince their voters that they are needed.

Even you with that superior logic has supported the idea that poor people and minorities need a government edge that conservatives want to deny them because republicans are for the rich.

Logical people are starting to realize it is an insult for liberals to imply they are inferior and need government affirmative action and hand outs to level the playing field in the arena of little people.

You try to talk a good slick but you vote and believe big and bigger government is the answer.

Check out who makes up the uncaring wealthy in this country and notice it is your party that has $30,000 per plate fund raisers on a regular basis with people of your thinking looking to gain.

Both parties do it, but there is some separation of scruples in general leaning toward conservative background in the lead.

I'll go back to my pleasure and wait for your insult.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 8:57 PM
  • Old John

Common has been repeating that theory for some time now. If he knows anything about politics, logic..... which he claims a franchise on for his party, should tell him that fairytale is not going to happen.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 9:56 PM
  • Several comments, and none of them insulting...

As for "...liberal progressives can change their ways..." I'm not exactly sure what a "liberal progressive" is but I can assure you that I pay as little attention to "whacko liberals" as I do to "whacko conservatives."

You claim that democrats are "... depending on give away promises to get votes and stay in power." I have yet to see a campaign ad that says "vote for me and you'll get a wide screen TV." There are ads that say that the democrat candidate's election will prevent the republicans from taking things away from you. Examples are privatizing of Social Security or the conversion of Medicare to a voucher system, or a flat rate tax code. I would also suggest that "buying" votes and soliciting campaign contributions by promising to lower taxes on the rich, raise taxes on the poor, reduce expensive environmental controls, increase corporate welfare, are much too prevalent.

Saying that "...they have to convince their voters that they are needed," seems to be an adaptation of the silly Limbaugh declaration that "democrats want all Americans to be dependent on government."

The "...idea that poor people and minorities need a government edge..." is one of the favorite and flawed adage of the right. In fact poor people and minorities would be happy to compete on a level playing field, and large numbers succeed without help of any kind from the government. It is also a fact that many minorities do not receive equal schooling, and whether that's their own fault, or the fault of their parent(s) or the fault of the local school board is irrelevant. My contention has always been that rather than lowering standards for them, they should get the extra schooling they need to compete on an equal basis. How is providing needed extra training or schooling an insult, as in"...it is an insult for liberals to imply they are inferior..." Where have I ever said that minorities were inferior?

For you to say that I "...vote and believe big and bigger government is the answer..." is only partially correct in that I do vote. For the rest of your claim, what evidence do you have that I feel that "big and bigger government is the answer." Actually it is quite to the contrary. I support a frequent zero-based analysis of all federal agencies (including the executive and Congressional staffs) wher every single man-power position and dollar spent is re-justified to a some manner of impartial GAO/academic body. This should easily identify waste, duplication, and unnecessary government activities, and would be most effective way of reducing the size and cost of government.

"...who makes up the uncaring wealthy in this country..." is questionable, but one of the most accurate oxymorons since 2000 is "compassionate conservative." And I say that because I have seen little to no evidence of "compassion."

"$30,000 per plate fund raisers..." are chump change compared to $30 million gifts form republican donors and groups. There is no doubt that there is too money in politics. The ability of companies and unions and rich donors to buy votes in Congress needs to be stopped.

"...some separation of scruples in general leaning toward conservative background in the lead." If that means that conservatives lead in unscrupulous behavior, I agree.

And finally, what I included represent my opinions and beliefs, and I have never made any suggestion of these belonging to any party. They are however grounded in common sense and (yes) logic.

See, no insults...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 8:36 AM
  • Now, having garnered all of this good-will capital on SO, by supporting lower tax rates, less spending and smaller government, I can spend it freely.

My contention is that President Obama is significantly closer to my position, than he is to the nation-hating, liberal loving, free-spending, evil genius that conservatives and republicans want to make you believe he is.

I contend that had the republican of today, been like the Republican Party of old, the President and Congressiional members of good conscience, could have reached consensus on taxes, immigration, health care, etc. Sadly the republican party of today took the position of "if the President's for it, we have to be against it." And note that they said "have to" not "might be" or "can be" but "must be."

There is little doubt that this will not be acceptable to some on SO, but I can provide examples of what could have been. Unfortunately they have to be hypothetical, since the republicans did take the "party of no" position, which in my view was un-American.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 8:43 AM
  • Want me to re-post that gem? And then re-post all of your unlinked quotes? -- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sat, Oct 11, 2014, at 4:32 PM

Please repost! I'm not scared to death of my words and I will never take your cowardly move - removing your posts from an anonymous forum.

The Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags melt down continues. Get back to counseling.

And repost all you like little man. Why did you have all your posts deleted? Coward.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 9:28 AM
  • Common, You best plan for an afternoon nap for surely you were up all night composing that post.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 9:53 AM
  • Dug won't be able to post much longer until he gets a new sock puppet.

-- Posted by L'Espagnol on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 9:55 AM
  • I've been posting on here for quite a number of years. I am very very civil to those that are civil in return.

Jay/Ike/Spaniard/L'Spags - you can dish it out, you simply can't take it. You're very thin skinned like your president. Hopefully when you had your posts deleted - a quite cowardly, unaccountable move - the SE Missourian kept them despite the fact that you've changed your name numerous times to hide.

I don't curse on here - I simply stand for the principles I believe in and will return nasty personal attacks with the same.

But I have never and will never request another poster stop. You are such a babe in a world of adults. When you lose the debate, which is frequently, you want people banned?

Speaks volumes of your character.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 10:01 AM
  • Nope. Just Dug. Always respect those that respect others and those that are uncivil - return the same.

I also wondered if you have posted under another name. Have you? Not me. No need to change - nothing to hide.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 2:33 PM
  • "...for an afternoon nap for..."

Took no efffort at all. Enjoyed the Packer victory instead.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 8:46 PM
  • Common, I assume Packer is reference to sports?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Oct 12, 2014, at 9:53 PM
  • He did have a couple missteps, but came through in the "clutch." So, yes!

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Oct 13, 2014, at 7:07 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rebel on Tue, Oct 14, 2014, at 8:01 AM

Rebel,

Not a problem, if it needs saying and it gets said, that is all that is required. :-)

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Oct 14, 2014, at 8:26 PM
  • Saw a headline about Hillary talking about how college cost too much while getting big bucks from the college for the talk. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 14, 2014, at 8:37 PM
  • Saw a headline about Hillary talking about how college cost too much while getting big bucks from the college for the talk. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Oct 14, 2014, at 8:37 PM

She didn't donate the engagement? She expects me to donate my money by force.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 15, 2014, at 8:40 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 10:06 AM
  • Headline: "Crowd walks out as Obama addresses campaign rally in deep blue Maryland". It was a rally for the Lt Governers race in which the D has a 9/10 point edge. Guess even Barry couldn't blow that lead.

"deep blue Maryland", even in a heavily Democratic state people are tiring of the guy. Going out on a limb and guessing common would have stayed glued to his seat. Snark!

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 1:18 PM
  • Since Pres. Pinky was in Chicago today, why didn't he go next door to Iowa to help the Democratic Senator candidate and while flying back to D.C. why didn't he stop in Kentucky to support the Democratic Senator candidate who is also in a tight race....the answer, they didn't want him there.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Mon, Oct 20, 2014, at 8:22 PM
  • Even the lowliest democrats are blowing off any reference to obama. Just saw a Barbara Stocker ad. She is doing a voice over as pictures of democratic presidents are shown but interestingly they stop at Clinton. She does have a nice picture of an apple pie on her website,though.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 7:12 AM
  • Rebel,

Can you name 5 true Democrats in Congress?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 10:49 AM
  • Totally agree.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Oct 22, 2014, at 11:11 AM

Respond to this thread