Speak Out: Why is there so much Money in Politics?

Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:25 PM:

"At a July fundraising event in Chicago, Mrs. Michelle Obama remarked, So, yeah, there's too much money in politics."

Walter Williams explains:

http://townhall.com/columnists/walterewilliams/2014/09/10/favors-and-loot-for-sa...

Replies (11)

• BC, I think the liberal solution is to bring down free enterprise where the money is generated while protecting their own piece of the pie.

The scope of corruption has widened to include globalist enterprise and the bankers and money handlers tied to the great central government are losing their grip.

It will take more than bailing out the big central bankers with printed unbacked money to sustain the sovereign status of the U.S. the next time around, IMO.

Big Gov has been defining poverty levels and statistics to establish just how much entitlement we are deserving of for years now. When all the limits of the common people's wealth is set and accepted, we will be ripe for insurrection either from within individual states or a national movement influenced by world wide controllers of commerce.

I don't predict or believe this but it is food for thought.

[I use that food for thought thing because it stirs fright in Common that anyone could be that illogical.] :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:01 PM
  • There is money in politics for one reason - the overreaching control the US government has over it's citizens. Period.

As the strongest, wealthiest nation on earth we are in complete control of a federal government - taxes, unwarranted searches/seizures, massive wealth redistribution and war.

If you control the US government - politicians - you absolutely control the American people. That's why all the money comes rolling in.

If the US gov't was running as it was designed with little influence over our lives then there would be no reason to buy the politicians.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:06 PM
  • Why is there so much Money in Politics?

Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 6:25 PM:

Takes money to make money.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:50 PM
  • There oughta be a law!

Too bad we can't restrict lobbyist to the districts of the representatives. Get them out of D.C..

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 1, 2014, at 8:51 PM
  • Their money should be limited to the county where they reside.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 6:05 AM
  • -- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 8:26 AM

People wanting control and power. It is all about 'winning'.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 10:21 AM
  • Why so much money in politics the answer is simple it is called corruption our political system has been corrupted because of all the money that has been allowed to enter our political system in this country. Any time you have this much money allowed in anything corruption is going to run rampant envelopes flying all over the place.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 6:36 AM
  • He who has the gold makes the rules.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 9:26 AM
  • semo471 he who has the most envelopes stuffed with cash makes the rules. Like the old saying goes "money talks and B/S walks" need I say more.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 5:07 PM
  • BC, Is power and wealth the same and only in this market or is there an element of true concern for the end result other than wealth?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 10:14 PM
  • I have to ask what source ranks the US 19th. We have the richest poor people in the world.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Oct 3, 2014, at 11:12 PM

Respond to this thread