Speak Out: Stop the bailout -- now

Posted by survivalist on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:38 AM:

blah.blah.blah

Replies (29)

• Obamacare is one of the biggest pieces of crony capitalism to ever roll out of DC. Why do you think that so many insurance companies were lined up behind it? It always tickles me to hear the Obamacare supporters defend it by believing that it is "revenge" on the insurance companies for decades of abuse. Newsflash: the insurance companies love Obamacare because it's not a healthcare law. It's a health insurance law.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:42 AM
  • "Make it one line long: "Sections 1341 and 1342 of the Affordable Care Act are hereby repealed.""

It would not be a part of the law if this were done. Better still, shorten that one line to "Repeal Obamacare."

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:59 AM
  • blah,blah,blah....That's the language my first wife spoke after about a year. That you ,Dumpling?

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 12:00 PM
  • Rock,

Is reading these threads giving you a re-trip? Like they used to get from that one drug 50 years or so ago... the name now escapes me. Ahhh, got it, LSD.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 12:03 PM
  • blah.blah.blah -- Posted by blah.blah.blah on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 11:38 AM

Clearly someone who doesn't have a checking account, a savings account and doesn't understand what the word "debt" means.

Just keep sending me those welfare checks, free health care and free phones!

-- Posted by not_sorry on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 12:39 PM
  • Dug the ones receiving all of the welfare don't even have a clue what is going on they know one thing "keep sending my check" Uncle Sam. They are the ones that we have to pull up the hill in the wagon because many of them are to lazy to get out and help pull.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 12:53 PM
  • Flashbacks,wheels,bad flashbacks.

BTW,have you relocated to winter grounds?

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 1:00 PM
  • Rick, can they afford to pay say....a $25,000 hospital bill if they are in an accident? Do they feel they do not need to be responsible? They obviously don't like Obama. I get that. BTW, it is my understanding that if insurance is available to one under 26 such as at a job, they cannot be covered under the parent's plan.I wouldn't bet the farm on this though.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 5:15 PM
  • BTW,have you relocated to winter grounds?

-- Posted by rocknroll on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 1:00 PM

Rock,

Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am stuck in the frozen north. With any luck, I may get out of here by the end of January. ☻ ☻ ☻ ☻

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 9:19 PM
  • Wheels

I'm sorry to hear that. Especially on Monday and Tuesday.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 9:36 PM
  • Me too Regrets. It wasn't planned but could not be helped.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Jan 3, 2014, at 10:11 PM
  • lefty: With the high deductibles that Obamacare brings how do you figure a person is going to pay for that it will place a lot of people in bankruptcy. Oh yes the insurance (Obamacare) is cheap but look at the high deductibles it brings with it. Also, people that are going on medicaid need to contribute something to the system if it is just $10.00 per month contribute something.Obamacare will be asking for a bail out some time in 2014 and we do not need to bail it out with printed money let it collapse and bring it back to the table and start all over again and this time write a decent piece of legislation that has common sense in it and also get competent people to run it instead of a bunch of Obama political appointees that don't have a clue what is going on.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:37 AM
  • "Oh yes the insurance (Obamacare) is cheap but look at the high deductibles it brings with it."

Let's see now what was the talking point developed by the Obamacare supporters when someone complained about their insurance plan being canceled?

Oh yeah, now I remember..... those were junk plans!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:41 AM
  • "Oh yes the insurance (Obamacare) is cheap but look at the high deductibles it brings with it."

Let's see now what was the talking point developed by the Obamacare supporters when someone complained about their insurance plan being canceled?

Oh yeah, now I remember..... those were junk plans!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:41 AM
  • Wheels,guess I'll go back to the house now. Been standing here at MM 95 with my thumb out since Christmas. Circumstances sometimes get plans changed.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:43 AM
  • Sorry Rock, I should've let you know.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:51 AM
  • obamacare Still Broken. Newborns Can't Be Added To Policies.

With the deadlines behind us, the first wave of Obamacare problems is, thankfully, over.

Unfortunately, this only means that the coming months will open up a whole new world of problems with HealthCare.gov, including the site's inability to place new babies under their parents' coverage.

The Associated Press is out with a report this morning that pregnant women have an entirely new set of headaches to expect from their ACA-triggered coverage, namely, that HealthCare.gov is not designed to accept any changes in status that would include or exclude a person from coverage. When a baby is born, there is no way for parents to notify the federal government that the baby now exists and needs coverage.

There is also no way to notify the federal government of marriage or divorce, of a death in the family, or of a new job or loss of a job.

The website allows one to open a profile, but not to edit it once an insurer is chosen. All of these changes could potentially affect those insured or open new options for coverage from different insurers or types of insurance. They may also result in higher premiums or more expensive coverage. These would all be options and possibilities if HealthCare.gov had any way of editing one's information on the page.

Many parents may not understand why the HealthCare.gov flaw matters -- after all, the site's ostensible purpose is to link potential insurers to customers who want to buy insurance, and insurers make the process very easy. New parents can simply call up insurers and provide them with the baby's new information and expect to be covered. However, the way the Affordable Care Act is written, the government must be notified as well for the coverage to go through. They are written in as a necessary middleman, but there is no efficient way to comply with the need to keep the government updated.

The worst news in this story is not that babies may go undercovered or uncovered at all, but that the AP finds no indication that the government is working to fix the problem. Insurers interviewed for the piece say that they were initially told the fully-running HealthCare.gov would allow for easy changes in life that would be sent back immediately to insurers, erasing the problem of having to inform multiple sources of this change. However, that "got postponed" to "later." "Later" has not been given a date, and the best the AP could muster from an Obama administration spokesman was that the HHS Department is "working" on the problem.

This simple concern that the Affordable Care Act has managed to botch is the latest in a string of problems with the ACA website rollout. Finding an affordable plan, at its peak, was near impossible for people in half of America's counties. Of those who managed to find a plan, many have had significant trouble verifying the plans that customers had confirmed on HealthCare.gov, causing much confusion with individuals who need real-time care. Those fortunate enough to have had coverage before the mandate went into action flooded clinics and hospitals before the new year to use the coverage before it dissolved in the new year. While it is rare to find at least one Obamacare success story, it is even more difficult to find one it that has not come directly from Organizing for America or any number of White House-related organizations.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 9:08 AM
  • swamp: without a deductable, you have no insurance at all. So, without insurance you, or the taxpayer is out the full cost of care. Do you still want to pay medical bills for those who can afford insurance? I don't. Be responsible.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 12:26 PM
  • lefty please understand a working middle class family of four cannot afford these high deductibles these hospitals will sue these folks for the difference and garnish wages because the average person cannot afford the extremely high deductible that your President has in his train wreck law. Were paying for all of this medicaid 100% of it and that roster has even increased more since this law has been enacted.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 3:36 PM
  • Swamp,

Now we're not being responsible if we do not want to do it Obama and the Left Wing-Nuts way of doing things.

God help this country when we have this kind of an ignorant citizenry that will follow blindly the party mandate, no matter how bad it gets.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:10 PM
  • swamp, let's say for simple math purposes the following: You have a hospital bill that totals $20,000. You have a $4,000 deductible leaving a balance of $16,000. Now you insurance will pay 80% and you pay the remaining 20%. The insurance pays $12,800 and you pay the balance of $3,200.

So with your insurance plan and your deductible you are paying out of pocket $7,200. Without any insurance your out of pocket is $20,000. Now what is better; an insurance policy with a high deductible or no insurance at all?

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:14 PM
  • Lefty,

You're describing a junk policy for the average Joe living paycheck to paycheck. He owes $7200 or $20,000... what difference will it make, he cannot pay either bill.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:19 PM
  • HWWT, you have absolutely no logic skills at all do you? He will have a better chance of paying $7,200 rather than $20,000. I believe you have had a few too many adult beverages. Look again tomorrow, maybe it will soak in. Geez.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:36 PM
  • 'junk policy'

$1500 deductible per individual, with a $6000 maximum family deductible and a 20/80% split is the norm and is not a junk policy.

"owes $7200 or $20,000... what difference will it make, he cannot pay either bill"

Perhaps, but medical facilities will work toward, even demand a repayment agreement. Common sense suggest $7200 will get paid off faster than $20,000. Unless the family has absolutely no assets or earning capacity, they will pay for the bill.

Unfortunately, the system is broken, when older folks can cover endless medical expenses (needed or not), with no out of pocket other than a $250-300 month Medigap policy and their $104.90 month Medicare Part B. Cheaper it is the more folks will buy and abuse.

-- Posted by notrump on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:38 PM
  • HWWT, you have absolutely no logic skills at all do you? He will have a better chance of paying $7,200 rather than $20,000. I believe you have had a few too many adult beverages. Look again tomorrow, maybe it will soak in. Geez.

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 5:36 PM

Lefty,

The individual I described will find $7200 a back breaker. Of course I know $20M is more than 7.2M.

Financial ruination was what Obamacare was supposed to cure. When a private policy, that the insured was happy with I might add, left the individual with out of pocket expense, you tunnel vision thinkers called them junk policies.

Obamacare did nothing to help average Americans.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 6:02 PM
  • Obamacare did nothing to help average Americans.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 6:02 PM

You got that right.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 8:34 PM
  • Do you still want to pay medical bills for those who can afford insurance? I don't. Be responsible. -- Posted by left turn on Sat, Jan 4, 2014, at 12:26 PM

Once again we have the democrat big lie being told again. Usually by Common, now by lefty. This is the biggest lie told on Obamacare.

A huge number of "uninsured" people getting insurance will NOT pay their premiums. They get tax credits up to 100% of their premiums if they make less than 400% of the federal poverty level. The highest income level to get a credit is somewhere around $65,000 / year.

And, of course, illegal immigrants will still get free coverage at the ER - all paid for by the TAXPAYING workers of America. Period.

So those that can't afford insurance will get it and will NOT pay for it. The big lie.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sun, Jan 5, 2014, at 3:53 PM
  • Anyone remember Joe the plumber and the 'spread the wealth around' thing.

Obamacare is one way of spreading the wealth around. People that fall into the class of non elite should all be more equally non wealthy for a more wholesome voting class.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jan 5, 2014, at 11:37 PM
  • Rick,

What can you expect of a law designed by idiots?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Jan 6, 2014, at 10:24 AM

Respond to this thread