Speak Out: An outstanding Christmas Eve Story

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Dec 21, 2013, at 10:01 AM:

I encourage my fellow bloggers to listen to this true story by retired Ohio State Trooper Bob Welsh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxjZB5S_g7s

Replies (14)

• This is a great recital and I encourage all my fellow bloggers to listen to it. Great Christmas Eve Story.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 9:15 AM
  • Well worth the listen Swamp. Thank you.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 10:43 AM
  • Good video swamp.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 3:52 PM
  • Rick,

I like Bill McClellan. Don't read him as much as I used to. But have responded to him a time or two over his articles, even disagreeing with him on one. He always responds to your e-mails and I believe is a genuine good person.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 22, 2013, at 10:32 PM
  • WOW, Good news on this holiday weekend. Thanks swamp, I can personally relate to this story, missed many a holiday as I was a computer repair person, seemed systems bellied up at banks, hospitals always at the wrong time. My dear wife has been gone some 8 holidays now, the lights are dimmer, Christmas trees missing, smells of candy, pies no longer linger in the kitchen unless I get the strength and courage to round up the ingredients.

Merry Christmas to all my blogger friends, I am known to "rouse some folks ire", but believe me much is in jest just up get your blood pressure. Blessings to all.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 6:25 AM
  • Merry Christmas to all my blogger friends, I am known to "rouse some folks ire", but believe me much is in jest just up get your blood pressure. Blessings to all.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 6:25 AM

Dang Dexter, you're going to ruin your reputation!!

Merry Christmas to you and a real Witchin New Year. ;-) ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 1:56 PM
  • Merry Christmas to you Dexterite1 and your family.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 3:37 PM
  • Dex,sorry to learn part of your story. Too bad for the anonymity factor because I'd feel privileged to share the Holiday with you. Had some unfortunate events this year that are making Christmas just a little less of what it should be here. Do what you can with who/what you have and love the ones you're with.BTW-Like to think I'm a darn good cook but baking and especially pie crust is the bane of my kitchen. I also had a job that required call outs 24/7/365. Amazing what went wrong on Holidays.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 8:01 PM
  • -- Posted by Dexterite1 on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 6:25 AM

Merry Christmas to you Dexter!

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Dec 23, 2013, at 9:33 PM
  • Glad I watched my dear wife all these years while she cooked. Thanksgiving and Christmas I cook dinner for kids, grandkids and all, 22 lb turkey, chicken dressing, cherry and pumpkin and pecan pie.

Would like to have coffee with all you guys and gals someday, some posters I miss,,,MeLange and others, my memory is slipping as my age increases.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday greeting, whichever you like, life is too short to take it toooooo seriously. Jesus taught we are to love everyone, how can we argue with that?

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 4:40 AM
  • There are so many really worthwhile sentiments expressed in his poem.

Thank you!

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 7:33 AM
  • Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a healthy, happy, safe New Years!

Remembering Spank the Tank and Voyager.

Dexterite1, I still read most days, but rarely post on issues.

-- Posted by MeLange on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 8:15 AM
  • Dexterite1 & Rick: Sorry for both of your loses but try to enjoy the day. Merry Christmas to All, God bless us All and the great USA.

-- Posted by Truth Slinger on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 8:31 AM
  • Merry Christmas to all.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Dec 24, 2013, at 11:19 AM

Respond to this thread