Speak Out: ANOTHER SNAP JUDGEMENT

Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:17 AM:

Replies (12)

• groucho, Not my intention, just seemed to be worth inviting a proper discussion.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:46 AM
  • Proper discussion, Ha! what came over me? :)

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 1:46 AM
  • Please, what does this website have to say? Many links contain viruses and I refuse to visit. Thanks.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 6:56 AM
  • No virus,but it could make some people sick.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 7:22 AM
  • Good post Old John and just the truth the left doesn't want to hear.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 8:32 AM
  • This pretty well sums it up.

"That's unfortunately how there can be so little discussion of how nearly a trillion dollars in stimulus spending missed the mark so badly. That is how people assume government can replace families as a social institution. That is how programs that discourage self-accountability and promote government dependency (and control) continue unabated."

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 9:10 AM
  • I think the wasted stimulus where a lot of money ended up being political payback just helps prove Obama earned his liar of the year award. His whole campaign beginning in 2007 has proved to be a lie.

He came into office being just one more dirty politician bent on turning some more taxpayer money over to political friends. Washington DC has turned into a quagmire of crooks and any attempts to put a stop to it with new blood is stamped out quickly. Boehner's remarks yesterday fit the mold.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 10:33 AM
  • HWWT: Halliburton ring a bell?

-- Posted by left turn on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 11:32 AM
  • Is he one of Obama's political patrons that we owe?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:09 PM
  • There has been political payoffs going way back, like if I remember correctly Lady Bird Johnson having an interest in a dredging company in Viet Nam.

Whatever happened in past administrations is history and is no excuse for thieving by the current president. This is the transparent president who was going to bring "hope and change" to the country. Did we ever get lied to!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:13 PM
  • I would imagine lefty was pointing out to Wheels that political paybacks and no bid contracts occured in the Bush/Cheney era with Haliburton making billions of dollars simply because of theie political connections (i.e. Cheney CEO of Haliburton). We would probably be shocked to know what connections ALL POLITICIANS have in the closet, wouldn't we?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:37 PM
  • -- Posted by howdydoody on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:37 PM

As I pointed out they happened in the Johnson Administration.

So what, is it not time to stop this kind of Governing. I knew who Lefty was talking about.

Did you read this?

" Whatever happened in past administrations is history and is no excuse for thieving by the current president. This is the transparent president who was going to bring "hope and change" to the country. Did we ever get lied to!

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 12:13 PM"

I did not defend Bush, but I remind you of what Obama promised, and he lied.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Dec 14, 2013, at 2:42 PM

Respond to this thread