Speak Out: Happy Thanksgiving To All Missourian Bloggers

Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 2:34 PM:

On behalf of the swamp we wish you and your families a very safe and Happy Thanksgiving. God Bless

Replies (16)

• Thanks swamp, and back at you!

Minimal highway risk here, both working Thursday.

Was in the car for a short errand and heard a discussion of most memorable Thankgiving Day things gone wrong or funny.

One was about a cornish hen being secreted into a gal's first time turkey and making her believe she cooked a pregnant turkey. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 3:36 PM
  • And a Happy Thanksgiving to you and to all who post or browse these forums!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 3:45 PM
  • Happy Thanksgiving Swamp.... and remember, it's OK to eat too much Turkey and Trimmings tomorrow. ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 4:05 PM
  • OJ,several years ago I had a sister in law who insisted on hosting Thanksgiving even though boiled water and boloney sandwiches were about the best things she could cook. She was getting ready to put the turkey in the oven when someone asked if she had removed the giblets. Of course she had no idea what they were and upon instruction she reached in and pulled out this gigantic turkey neck. She kinda had this strange look on her face when another brother in law says "darn,that bird was really hung well". That was funny enough till she looked at her husband while holding that neck with a ten finger grip and said "so what's your problem,Tom Thumb"? I have a Polaroid somewhere of her holding that neck.

Everyone have a great holiday.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 5:29 PM
  • Happy thanksgiving Swamp.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 5:29 PM
  • OJ,several years ago I had a sister in law who insisted on hosting Thanksgiving even though boiled water and boloney sandwiches were about the best things she could cook. She was getting ready to put the turkey in the oven when someone asked if she had removed the giblets. Of course she had no idea what they were and upon instruction she reached in and pulled out this gigantic turkey neck. She kinda had this strange look on her face when another brother in law says "darn,that bird was really hung well". That was funny enough till she looked at her husband while holding that neck with a ten finger grip and said "so what's your problem,Tom Thumb"? I have a Polaroid somewhere of her holding that neck.

Everyone have a great holiday.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 5:31 PM
  • Well shoot,wasn't funny enough to repeat it.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 5:32 PM
  • Family our number one priority in all of our lives tomorrow no politics at all at our table, eating a lot of good smoked turkey and all of the trimmings.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 6:26 PM
  • I wish an enjoyable Thanksgiving day for all on the threads.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Nov 27, 2013, at 6:59 PM
  • Thanks swamp for the reminder, many kids grandkids coming today.

On another note, wish we could have a do over election with two different men competing. What a disaster this has been.

Sorry to post this garbage on a joyful post.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Thu, Nov 28, 2013, at 5:00 AM
  • Happy Thanksgiving Swamp! And all...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Nov 28, 2013, at 8:06 PM
  • -- Posted by Diseased Turtle on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 9:08 AM

I'm not indicting myself, but I think I am developing some of the pin feathers Rock spoke of yesterday.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 10:52 AM
  • It was a good day yesterday, Wheels did you eat to much Thanksgiving dinner?

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 12:46 PM
  • -- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 12:46 PM

Is the Pope a Catholic? ;-)

How about you?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 1:27 PM
  • Anyone participate in the shopping today?

We did once about ten years ago. Walmart had a cheap price on a small TV with a dvd player. We had to walk a long way for the parking lot was full but found the TV right up front. That however was where the checkout line started, going around to the back of the store.

Last time for us.

Remembering that did remind me to take the batteries out of the remote for that little TV that hasn't been plugged in for at least five years. Surprisingly they weren't leaking.

Now I think I'll start checking the batteries in the umpteen many flashlights we never use. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Nov 29, 2013, at 11:37 PM
  • Had plenty Wheels still eating the left overs.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sat, Nov 30, 2013, at 11:25 AM

Respond to this thread