Speak Out: NBC Is turning on Obama.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 6:48 PM:

When NBC turns on his he's got problems. I guess that means he lied. Nothing new......

"President Obama repeatedly assured Americans that after the Affordable Care Act became law, people who liked their health insurance would be able to keep it. But millions of Americans are getting or are about to get cancellation letters for their health insurance under Obamacare, say experts, and the Obama administration has known that for at least three years."

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213547-obama-admin-knew-mil...

Replies (99)

• You beat me to it. The worst news of all? He made commonsense a huge liar. Once again Obama dumped on commonsense. Yet the unabated love of Obama will not be changed for this deep seated lover.

"There are innumerable exxagerated claims on SO over how the ACA will raise costs by a 1000% and single individuals will have to pay millions of dollars for coverage. I have yet to see any real, honest examples of what's changing by any individual." -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sun, Sep 15, 2013, at 9:36 PM

"If you have a collection of private insurance companies, operating under the same conditions, competing on the basis of price and service, I'd say that this clearly fits the definition of a free market." -- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Sep 16, 2013, at 6:13 PM

"Why should I be concerned about government intrusion?" -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Sep 26, 2013, at 8:21 AM

Finally, I found a true statement from CommonSense:

"President Obama always lies." -- Posted by commonsensematters on Sat, Sep 28, 2013, at 8:28 AM

There's a ton more.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:01 PM
  • Levin is railing about this.

I can't see how it would suprise anyone.

I still think the goal is one super agency ran by the executive branch that combines SS, medicare, medicaid, welfare and all aspects of health care into 'rule-regulation' control.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:04 PM
  • "...operating under the same conditions, competing on the basis of price and service, .."

Dug, I remember sitting there staring at the screen, trying to think of a way to respond that common would understand. I finally decided that even if he understood he wouldn't waiver from his support for the expansion of government over individual rights.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:14 PM
  • OJ - I've tried as well. I may have been a little harsh on Common by bringing back some of his famous Obamacare quotes that are clearly contradicted by Obama in this news article. Sometimes I just feel sorry for them.

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:31 PM
  • OJ,

There is no one so blind as the person who refuses to see.

And I agree with you concerning the ultimate goal. I would be not be surprised if that plan has already been written up in the form of legislation just waiting for Obamacare to fail. Obamacare may have been the first in a two-step plan to accomplish complete government takeover of the medical system.

If Obamacare fails spectacularly and takes down the healthcare system of this country, the winner could be the person or organization which has plan B ready to rescue us.

I would hope that some conservative organization is prepared for the same possibility.

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:44 PM
  • Dug, A question aside of the subject: I notice you refer to common in plural, [them they] why is that?

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:45 PM
  • I say "them" or "they" because I don't know if it's "him" or "her". So instead of saying "He said that" I'll say "They said that" because I'm not sure. Is Common a man or a woman? Or both? :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:47 PM
  • Dug, I understand, there is only one letter between a Sammy and a Tammy, but I think common is a he. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:58 PM
  • When I was doing research on "social media" and it's impact I ran across an interesting book titled:

"Yes We Did: An Inside Look at how Social media Built the Obama Brand"

It was a book written by Obama campaign staffers who worked the social media scene in the 2008 election to create blogs, posts on Facebook, posts on news media sites, etc. etc. etc. to "control the message".

They were paid staffers whose objective was to control the message and fight any discussion critical of then candidate Obama. It's available from "newriders.com".

Sometimes when I see such unwavering posts about Obama I believe that those posters are paid surrogates to carry the message and defend, deflect and attack anyone who would disagree with Obama. There are a number of die-hard Obama defenders on SO. But a couple of them I have seriously thought of as paid staffers out to control the message - no matter what Obama says or does. The propaganda ministers.

I'm sure it's true. They admit it!

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 8:00 PM
  • OJ - Now that you mention it I do remember a post by Common talking about his wife visiting the doctor.

But in these days and times, what - exactly - is a wife? :-)

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 8:01 PM
  • "It was a book written by Obama campaign staffers.."

Now all you need to do is find out who wrote the saga called Obama Care. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 8:06 PM
  • The head of NBC must have got this in the mail also:

Got my Obama Care Packet today...

I wanted to let you know that earlier today I received my "Obamacare enrollment packet" from the White House.

It contained:

An aspirin and a band-aid.

An 'Obama Hope & Change' bumper sticker

A 'Bush's Fault' yard sign

A 'Blame Republicans first, then anybody and everybody' poster

A 'Tax the Rich' banner

An application for unemployment and a free cellphone

An application for food stamps

A prayer rug

A letter assigning my debt to my grandchildren

And lastly, a coupon for a machine that blows smoke up your ***.

Everything was made in "China" and all directions were in Spanish.

Keep an eye out. Yours should be arriving soon.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 8:11 PM
  • -- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 7:44 PM

Obamacare is st up to fail. Then we will have single payer. This is for the commons of the world that need someone else to make their decisions for them. Our healthcare will slow tremendously and if Hillary gets her way she wants it to be illegal to pay for your own or go to another country to get fixed.

ttp://patdollard.com/2013/03/orrin-hatch-alleges-diabolical-obama-plot-obamacare-designed-to-fail-as-setup-for-complete-government-takeover-of-everybodys-lives/

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 8:54 PM
  • "Imagine...

1. If Republican George Bush made it mandatory that every American buy health insurance.

2. If Bush said if you don't buy it, you will be fined.

3. If Bush said he would employ the IRS to collect the fine from you for non-conformance.

4. If Bush took the "public option" out of the bill, in order to please the private health insurance companies.

5. If Bush created a health care plan where the average cost was $328 dollars a month.

6. If Bush totally ignored all of the polls that said most Americans were against the health care bill.

7. If during the first 2 weeks of Bush's health care plan rollout, the website crashed and hardly anybody could sign up.

8. If Bush gave Corporate America a one-year delay joining, but refused to do the same for poor people.

If George Bush did these things, he'd be the most unpopular president in history, especially among blacks."

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 28, 2013, at 9:00 PM
  • Wow, seems like the playground was abuzz last night.

The SO gang's group-think mentality appears to have unanimously settled on stupid.

After having only the first paragraph read to them, they coalesced into standard "hate-Obama" mantras and started madly cheering, despite not having a clue as to why.

The link clearly states that some policies are "grandfathered" (for the SOG that means they can keep what they have) some are not. Under the ACA some will have cheaper policies, some will not, some will pay more for better coverage, some will stay the same.

States that set up their own exchanges are doing well. States that resisted based on pure political folly are doing less well. Those people could obviously ask, why did you screw this up governor?

It can't be that the SO gang is seemingly so dense all of the time. Perhaps they have some deranged reason to intentionally act so slow and "conservative." Sadly they seem to believe that all Americans must be 100% satisfied 100% of the time, and if not it's the democrat's fault.

I realize that most normal readers don't take the SO gang rants seriously, but they do provide minimal entertainment value, and at least they keep each other happy by mutual back-slapping and gratuitous praise.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:47 AM
  • common: No matter how you try to spin it this President has a very hard time telling the truth to the people of this country. I too heard what the man told us all, on many occasions. Now, you can blame it on a staff member/members whatever but the majority of the people did not elect a staff member they elected this man as President so there fore he is responsible to the people. This is not the first time he has not been truthful to us this is becoming to be a habit with him. Any President has got to tell the truth to the people of this Nation. Now, we have over 14 million people and many more to come that have been cancel from their health insurance because of this train wreck of a health care law. You can take the Democrat and Republican titles and lay them aside bottomline a leader has got to tell the truth no matter what party they represent especially when it comes to the safety, health and welfare of the people they are serving.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 7:27 AM
  • I don't blame common for being angry all the time but it would be more effective to direct that anger toward the party that has failed rather than the people who point it out.

Don't shoot the messenger.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 8:05 AM
  • NBC must have been called by Obama. They said they lost the original version and has an edited story now.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:21 AM
  • The SO gang's group-think mentality appears to have unanimously settled on stupid.-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:47 AM

"We will keep this promise to the American people... if you like your health-care plan, you will be able to keep your health-care plan, period," Obama said June 23, 2009

You not only bought that lie, you pimped it and sold your soul on Obama's words. You've been repeating that lie for a couple of years now. Doesn't matter - you lost credibility on here quite some time ago.

And even NBC disagrees with you. And Jay Carney.

It's just you and your man left - Barack. Enjoy.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:43 AM
  • Poor, poor Common, it crumbles around him and all he can do is deny. Yesterday he made a stupid statement about unemployment being 3 times higher during the depression of the 30's and that was pure BS.

The 30's were bad Common, my parents told me about them. But they estimated the numbers at that time and they did not sugar coat them the way they do today.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:53 AM
  • It's seems to me that NBC is not the only former supporter turning on Obama. The demographics of people looking into obamacare,I say looking because no one seems to be able to actually sign up,are older and unhealthy. The young healthy and I assume white who were major Obama backers are not interested. Once they are finding out that they can't sit in Mom and Dads basement playing video games while getting a free education and now have to pay for something they don't want to pay for others ills reality has set in. Obama's "cool" factor ain't so "cool" anymore.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:19 AM
  • Poor common does not have any common sense just like his co-partner liberal friends. common is so naive will believe anything that is told to him by his party leadership.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:53 AM
  • Common is beginning to find out his BS and Bluster isn't convincing many folks.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 11:07 AM
  • Are the "I hate everybody" haters any more open minded or grounded in solutions to problems?

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • How does Obama and Jay Carney look at theirselves in the mirror, or sleep at night? I do believe the Bible says, all liars shall have their part in the lake of fire. Better be a big one.

-- Posted by mo55 on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 1:50 PM
  • "...isn't convincing many folks."

Which of the SO gang is fair enough to accept the truth and "convincing?"

My guess is that there are none.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 2:00 PM
  • "Once they are finding out that they can't sit in Mom and Dads basement playing video games while getting a free education and now have to pay for something they don't want to pay for others ills reality has set in. Obama's "cool" factor ain't so "cool" anymore."

Most likely they don't even know yet. They are hearing a little from friends but they are the uninformed. Like the ones that come to SO about 2 months before the election and call anyone conservative an old has-been that needs to get out of the way.

After the election they become uninformed again. I hope they are planning on making some big bucks because uncle Sam is going to take about 75% of it. I was young once and was even a hippie in my day. I thought I knew everything too. In all I found out my elders were right.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 2:36 PM

common your way of thinking is not working your way out in left field beyond the warning track, take your blinders off and get all of those far, far left ideas that you have been injected with out of your head and learn something called common sense I know they don't teach that any more but you can learn.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 2:54 PM
  • http://gopthedailydose.com/2013/10/29/exodus-inner-city-blacks-abandoning-obama-...

common Watch this video you might learn something. These folks hit the nail right on the head. They feel like they have been lied too like so many of us have.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 3:02 PM
  • "Convincing" what? That common sits in a dark room rubbing his fingers across his lips making motor boat noises. That's a logical assumption.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 3:24 PM
  • "Watch this video..."

Like something called "gopthedailydose" is going to say anything fair about anything...

No thanks.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 3:50 PM
  • I was young once and was even a hippie in my day. I thought I knew everything too. In all I found out my elders were right.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 2:36 PM

Could be we ran around in the same crowd. This sounds just like me.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 3:53 PM
  • The link clearly states that some policies are "grandfathered" (for the SOG that means they can keep what they have) some are not.

Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:47 AM

Not even NBC News agrees with you on the grandfather clause, Common.

None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be "grandfathered," meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don't meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.

Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, "40 to 67 percent" of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, "the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range."

That means the administration knew that more than 40 to 67 percent of those in the individual market would not be able to keep their plans, even if they liked them.

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/29/21222195-obama-administration...

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:15 PM
  • So common says no thanks. Sounds like his president of "NO". Really enlightening video. Fool those people once but not twice.

Robert*,regret, I had my ill repute days,too. Decided reality wasn't so bad after all.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:18 PM
  • Does this sound somewhat like Common?

Disillusionment is painful. Via the Chicago Sun-Times:

Sue Klinkhamer has a problem. It's called Obamacare. And the irony of her situation is not lost on her. In a recent email addressed to her former boss, Illinois Congressman Bill Foster, and other Democratic colleagues, she wrote: "I spent two years defending Obamacare. I had constituents scream at me, spit at me and call me names that I can't put in print. The congressman was not re-elected in 2010 mainly because of the anti-Obamacare anger. When the congressman was not re-elected, I also (along with the rest of our staff) lost my job. I was upset that because of the health care issue, I didn't have a job anymore but still defended Obamacare because it would make health care available to everyone at, what I assumed, would be an affordable price. I have now learned that I was wrong. Very wrong." For Klinkhamer, 60, President Obama's oft-repeated words ring in her ears: "If you like your health plan, you will keep it." Well, possibly not.

Read the rest of the story at;

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/2013/10/29/former-democratic-staffer-burned...

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:32 PM
  • Chuck Todd,one of obama's biggest supporters on MSNBC says,"He(Obama)made promises he hoped the insurance companies would keep". So now obama has another place to lay the blame.

So many people are getting cancelled by their insurance companies(remember "you can keep your insurance,PERIOD"!) because of the ten essential benefits outlined in the law.

* Ambulatory patient * Prescription drugs;

services;

* Emergency services; habilitative services and

* Hospitalization; devices;

* Maternity and newborn * Laboratory services; care; * Preventive and wellness

* Rehabilitative and

* Mental health and

substance use disorder

services; * Pediatric services, incl. oral

services and chronic disease management;

and vision care

At first glance maybe not so bad but why would an elderly lady need pediatric or maternity care. No opting out if one doesn't need those services. Mandated.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:33 PM

Common,

Been out here in the woods in far corner of Lincoln County and with it raining this morning I was sitting drinking my coffee and looking out the window at this big old Burr Oak tree. A man told me the other day that it is at least 150 years old.

I got to thinking about that and the thought occurred to me...... that big old Burr Oak tree was once just a little nut like you.

Keep the faith Common.... another 150 years or so, people may start paying attention to you. I wouldn't make book on it though.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:39 PM
  • From the link on Robert's 4:32 PM post.

Sue Kinkhamer, a former Democratic staffer asks "Someone please tell me why my premium in January will be $356 more than in December?"

I would like to answer that... Because before your age of enlightenment, you were a dumb arsed Obama believer working for the party that laid this surprise at your doorstep. Welcome to the world of lies.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:52 PM
  • The point is, "grandfathering" such plans is immaterial. If the company cannot offer the plan to new enrollees, and maintaining the plan requires a given number of enrollees, attrition from the plan means that even "grandfathered" plans will disappear. And, the Obama Administration new this, since an internal memo issued way back in 2010 stated that they expected 40 to 67% of plans to lose their "grandfathered" status each year, with the result that few such plans would exist after a short while.

"If you like your current plan, you can keep it" was a selling point, but it was also a lie.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 4:55 PM
  • Wheels,I have a huge hickory tree I always just called "Old Hickory". I've decided to change its name to common. There's nuts falling all over the yard this year.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:04 PM
  • "Everyone else on SO should just wash their hands of you."

Oh no! Don't do that. I promise to become a fellow "Obama-hater" right away!!!

(just kidding, obviously)

That's clearly your choice. I can assure you, though, it won't bother me the least.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:11 PM
  • Rock,

10-4 on the naming ceremony.

There are a lot of hickory nuts this year. We have a large number of shag bark hickorys. The wife picked up over a 5 gallon bucket of them under one tree that I had checked them to see if they were good. Will take them home and let the son crack them. He usually does some and uses them to make hickory nut brittle instead of peanut brittle. Pain in the behind to get the meat out of them but when you do, they are good.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:11 PM
  • "...was a selling point..."

You're partially correct possibly. Clearly there are those that are keeping their plan.

Ironically, had the republicans worked with the President, some of these issues could have been resolved in the beginning.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:15 PM
  • Note to SO gang. Don't bother, I'm fairly sure you won't understand.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:17 PM
  • Wheels,I love hickory nuts but usually there's alot of blood involved during the cracking process.

Say,haven't heard from foxtrot since that daily yelling countdown to shutdown over delaying obamacare for individuals. I guess now that the Obamacrats are thinking of doing it it's ok.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:23 PM
  • Ironically, had the republicans worked with the President, some of these issues could have been resolved in the beginning.

Common,

This is nothing you can lay at the Republicans door. They have their own shortcomings... but Obamacare and it's disaster status are 100% owned by the Democrats. Stew in your own juice Common. And as Harry Truman suggested to you... if you cannot stand the heat, time to get out of the kitchen.

After all of your mouthing off.... I am thoroughly enjoying your discomfiture. ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:45 PM
  • Ironically, had the republicans worked with the President, some of these issues could have been resolved in the beginning.

I guess you missed the part about them not caring what the Republicans had to say because they didn't need them to push through Obamacare. Remember Pelosi telling the Democrats "We have to pass it so you can see whats in it"? Not a single Republican voted for it so don't blame them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoitccXAWtw#t=26Democrats

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 5:51 PM
  • Another interesting question...

How is it that a rural, backward state like Kentucky, home of Senators McConnell and Paul, can successfully run a state exchange, while a modern, up-to-date state like Missouri, home of so many super-intelligent conservatives, can't make one work?

And all along the "states-rights" governors say, "Give it to us, we'll get it done!!"

What happened?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:02 PM
  • Because common to show you how up to date you are we the people of the State of Missouri voted a couple years ago we didn't want to start a State Exchange regarding this train wreck of a law, so we kicked it back to the Feds. If you would pay attention once in a while you would learn something instead of sitting in your room pounding on your key board and text messaging all the time. I doubt if you are even old enough to vote.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:10 PM
  • Common

First tell us how 600 million bucks couldn't build a website that worked. Then tell me how much Obamacare is going to cost the taxpayers.

BTW I think Missouri's governor has a D by his name.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:11 PM
  • How is it that a rural, backward state like Kentucky, home of Senators McConnell and Paul, can successfully run a state exchange-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:02 PM

Because the governor of Kentucky is a liberal democrat who doesn't mind spending money he doesn't have. That's why.

Our liberal democrat governor Jay "check-out-my-new-$6million-airplane" Nixon would have done the same except that the voters of Missouri passed a law that prevents him from implementing the exchange. The VOTERS of Missouri overwhelmingly rejected an exchange.

And all along the "voters-rights" liberal commonsense says, "Just ignore the will of the VOTERS, and let jet-set Jay do it on his own".

What happened Common?

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:13 PM
  • Beat me to it Swamp! :-)

Common is so easy.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:14 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:14 PM
  • How is it that a rural, backward state like Kentucky, home of Senators McConnell and Paul, can successfully run a state exchange, while a modern, up-to-date state like Missouri, home of so many super-intelligent conservatives, can't make one work?

And all along the "states-rights" governors say, "Give it to us, we'll get it done!!"

What happened?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:02 PM

Common,

If this means you are going to move.... good! Would you give me first right of refusal on buying your farm at a fairly appraised price?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 6:29 PM
  • How is it that a rural, backward state like Kentucky, home of Senators McConnell and Paul, can successfully run a state exchange, while a modern, up-to-date state like Missouri, home of so many super-intelligent conservatives, can't make one work?

It still remains to see how well Kentucky makes it work. Setting up a website is the easy part..........But then; Obama couldn't even get that right.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 7:11 PM
  • Toni Townes-Whitley was a classmate and pal of Michelle Obama (then Michelle Robinson) back in 1985 when the two graduated from Princeton. In yet another amazing 'coincidence' Toni Townes-Whitley also just so happens to be a top executive at CGI Federal, the company that earned the no-bid contract to build the failed Obamacare website. Toni Townes-Whitley is described as the Senior Vice-President, Civilian Agency Programs at CGI. $678 million of your tax dollars was paid to CGI Federal to build the non-working Healthcare.gov website. Pay to place must just be the Chicago way. No wonder Obama had that arrogant smirk on his face as he was signing the ObamaCARE bill back in 2010.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 7:20 PM
  • The New York State Medical Society conducted a survey of medical professionals and Obamacare. And the results are:

"Obama Care wants to start right away, but who see all these new patients???? Not me," e-mailed one doc.

Another said, "I plan to retire if this disaster is implemented. This is a train wreck."

"I refuse to participate in the exchange plans! I am completely opposed to this new law," said a third respondent.

One doctor recycled the mantra used to attack addictions: "The solution is simple: Just say no."

One physician was so disgusted, he threatened to taken only cash patients going forward.

"I am seriously considering opting out of all insurance plans including Medicare because of [ObamaCare]."

Some physicians said the pressure on insurance carriers to control costs is leading to rationed care.

"OBAMACARE is a disaster. I have already seen denial of medication, denial of referrals," one doc said.

Read more at:

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/docs-resisting-obamacare/

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 7:20 PM
  • Best ever description of Obama care!

Subject: Sums It Up

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said:

"We have to pass it, to find out what's

in it"

A physician called into a radio show and said:

"that's the definition of a stool sample".

That pretty well sums it up.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 7:25 PM
  • Wheels,buy commons farm? Methinks that farmer story is a ruse. Every real farmer I know does a 20 hour day. No time for SO postings. Maybe he runs a big corporate operation living off govt subsidies. I do remember him talking about milking once but perhaps that was milking of a different sort.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 8:43 PM
  • The whole deal is VERY FEW Democrats read it (much less understood it) before they shoved it down our throats.

This is one of the worse acts I would say any group of lawmaker has done to make them hated. Obama's name is permanently etched into a huge mistake that is going to hurt millions. Just wait until the uninformed find out this is not what they were told it would be. The IRS is going to need their 14K new employees and more.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:04 PM
  • Left out a few critical quotes...

"The survey invited doctors to anonymously share opinions about the new health care law, and many took time out of their busy days to vent."

"Doctors complained they've gotten the shaft for years even before ObamaCare."

Anonymous "venting" invites exaggeration. Do you really feel that all doctors will move to cash only practices? I'd say no. They'll see the same patients that they did before.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:14 PM
  • I do remember him talking about milking once but perhaps that was milking of a different sort.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 8:43 PM

Are you suggesting the system is what he is milking.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:15 PM
  • Common

"This is so poorly designed that a lot of doctors are afraid to participate," said Dr. Sam Unterricht, president of the 29,000-member organization. "There's a lot of resistance. Doctors don't know what they're going to get paid."

What are they thinking? Doctors are paid too much already. Right?

http://nypost.com/2013/10/29/docs-resisting-obamacare/

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:23 PM
  • "....huge mistake that is going to hurt millions."

That's what they all claim. No one reveals how this will happen.

The majority of Americans will not be affected at all. Some will pay less, some will pay more for better coverage.

Must be why the republicans are so panicked.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:38 PM
  • No one reveals how this will happen. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:38 PM

BS. Everything on Obamacare was revealed years ago and forecasted based on the law. All of this was expected:

-20+ tax increases IN THE BILL

-dropping millions from their policies IN THE BILL

-much higher costs for this program than estimated

-failure

Yet you perpetuated those lies and now you're exposed. I think the name of this thread should be changed from:

"NBC is Turning On Obama"

to

"Obama is Turning On Common".

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:50 PM
  • The majority of Americans will not be affected at all. Some will pay less, some will pay more for better coverage.

Must be why the republicans are so panicked.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 9:38 PM

Democrats are panicked also. I guess since you are on the gov teat it wont bother you but a 35 year old that has to pay another $250 a month for their family is a chunk of change.

It can mean not having the money to save for a nest egg or being able to make a house payment. I guess they can get on the taker bandwagon and no longer be a responsible citizen.

Democrats like to keep people down because you cant stand to see someone succeed. Misery loves company.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:25 PM
  • I did find this video of our Bollinger County pundit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgmMPth01jc&feature=em-share_video_user

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:31 PM
  • There is at least one benefit to ObamaCare. Now my wife will have birth control available and if that does not work any children will have pediatric dental coverage. I don't know how many people in their 60's will make use of that coverage.

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:35 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:37 PM
  • "Democrats like to keep people down because you cant stand to see someone succeed."

With all due respect the SO gang has made countless really stupid statements over the years, but this one is right up there with the dumbest.

That's as close as I could come to remaining "respectful."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:48 PM
  • -- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:35 PM

Robert,

Do you still retain the maternity benefits after you are on Medicare.... you just want to stay prepared.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 12:17 AM
  • "Ironically, had the republicans worked with the President, some of these issues could have been resolved in the beginning."

And, had the President worked with the Republicans, we might have had a free market plan that actually works by addressing health care costs, rather than being just another financing scheme.

But, I see you've resorted to blaming Republicans (as usual) for the failure of the Democrat's plan. You have learned well, Grasshopper.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 6:30 AM
  • "But, I see you've resorted to blaming Republicans (as usual)"

Actually that's not true, no "blame" was assigned. What I said was that had the republicans cooperated a better plan might have been created. I can't blame them for taking a "do nothing" political position.

The fact remains that had there been compromise and cooperation, the ACA could have been further improved, and everyone would have benefitted. Except that is, those who were dedicated to the President's failure.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 6:47 AM
  • Give an example Common.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 8:19 AM
  • Now it is down to threats to keep quiet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHWEUPOFO8M

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 8:36 AM
  • Look at common twist in the spin. He defends the ACA to the death - all of it - and when it comes crashing down as predicted he's back to the "it was Republicans fault".

You're a known liar on Obamacare and have no credibility on this issue. Not a drop. At least according to NBC, the NY Times, and now CNN.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 9:10 AM
  • common: You seem to be a very bright far left liberal, can you explain why the President did not tell the truth to the American people on twelve separate occasions and don't try to spin your answer to my question. What he said on these twelve occasions if you like your insurance you can keep it and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor. Well, now we found out that we have been mis-lead that was not the truth he was telling us as of today we have over 14 million people that have received cancellation notices that they will be losing there insurance effective January 1 2014 a direct result of Obamacare. By the way that number is climbing daily. Reminder, don't try the old liberal spin when providing your answer, people are not fools majority of us knows when a person is lying or not so give us your honest truthful answer based off what the President told us all since 2009 leading up to 2012.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 9:11 AM
  • "...if you like your insurance you can keep it and if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor."

What the President said from the beginning was true for some. He should have qualified his statements then by simply saying some will be able to keep their policy, some will have to change. The majority of Americans (those with Medicare, Medicaid, and qualifying company or union policies) will see little change.

Whether you can keep your doctor is between you and him or her. The ACA doesn't require anyone to change doctors.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 10:18 AM
  • "...they will be losing there insurance effective January 1 2014..."

I have not seen any "cancellation letters" but it would make sense for the companies sending the letter to include an offer of replacement policy options. Why should they dump customers just because a policy is adjusted?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 10:22 AM
  • He should have qualified his statements then -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 10:18 AM

He shouldn't have lied to begin with. And you bought it.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 10:23 AM
  • "He should have qualified his statements then by simply saying some will be able to keep their policy, some will have to change."

Yes Common... so that makes his statements up to recent times, LYING BY OMISSION, because from what I have seen stated on TV, he definitely knew that many would be loosing their plans.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 10:24 AM
  • The fact remains that had there been compromise and cooperation, the ACA could have been further improved, and everyone would have benefitted. Except that is, those who were dedicated to the President's failure.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 6:47 AM

Common evades the fact that Obama was not seeking compromise. He (the democrat party)had a working majority in both houses of Congress. He would have liked a few republicans to break ranks and vote for ObamaCare, thus giving him someone to share the blame when it flopped. But he had the bill written behind closed doors and bribed those few democrats he needed to bring in line.

His strategy then was the same as it has been since; 'my way or the highway'. He is accustomed to Chicago-style politics where the party in power runs rough-shod over any opposition.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 11:08 AM
  • Many people have saved for their high deductibles and pay doctor visits and eye care out of pocket as I do. Now after setting my personal system up that wasn't costing anyone buy I. I'm sure I will have to change it.

So far we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg. This will get uglier the closer to the deadline it gets.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 11:10 AM
  • "...was not seeking compromise."

I certainly do not believe that to be correct. He had every reason to reach out to republicans on health care.

It was a Heritage Foundation initive. Governor Romney implemented it in Massachusetts. The whole concept was a republican issue from day one.

Look at the entire issue rationally. The President came into office with full intention of changing the "gridlock." Had the republicans come willingly forward to work on health care, there is no logical reason whatsoever why they should have been turned away.

If an effective compromise ACA had been created, it would have been good for America, good for republicans, good for democrats, good for the President, but bad for the conservatives politically.

And that was the sticking point. A new President would have been seen as coming into office, successfully engineering cooperation to develop a bipartisan, successful health insurance plan, thereby fulfilling a number of campaign promises.

The political fallout of that scenario was not something republican politicians could stand for. You can stew about "Chicago politics" all day but it does not change the fact that it was a republican idea from the beginning. Where doe the "rough-shod" come in?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 11:47 AM
  • "The President came into office with full intention of changing the "gridlock.""

But instead he caused it too be worse.

"they can ride in the back seat"

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 11:56 AM
  • Where doe the "rough-shod" come in? -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 11:47 AM

"We don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they gotta sit in back."

Joining is not compromise. Duh.

"I won" - Obama to republicans when they attempted to discuss the health care issue at the "health care summit".

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 12:03 PM
  • No matter how you look at it common the man lied to the American people you can twist and turn it all you want, but he did not tell the truth to the people on 12 separate occasions 2009-2012 about this train wreck of a health care law and yes it is a complete train wreck that should have not ever been passed and signed in to law in the first place in it's current form. Majority of the people do not want this law from day one this has been forced down every ones throat you cannot deny that. Furthermore you sit there and make a sarcastic comment "I haven't seen any cancellation letters" well my friend you tell that to the millions of people that have, and you better make sure you have your running shoes on when you do.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 12:40 PM
  • Look at the issue rationally. The President came into office with a working majority of democrats in both houses of Congress. He say that he could manipulate his party members into passing his 'crowning achievement' and do so without needing one republican vote. Thereby, he could claim all credit for himself and his party. And, he did so. But, in order for himself and his loyal followers to get re-elected he had to lie to the American people about the results of his 'crowning achievement'. He had to convince enough voters that 'if you like it, you can keep it'.

Now that the elections are over and stunning reality is setting in he finds it necessary to convince the public that republicans should 'share the blame'. So he sends out Common and other synchphants to convince us common folk (the dirty unwashed) all the problems with Obamacare could have been avoided/solved if only the republicans had cooperated/compromised.

HOGWASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 1:04 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 2:43 PM
  • "...republicans should 'share the blame'."

Where has anyone stated this. To claim this as fact is totally absurd.

My contention is very clear and straightforward. The President would have preferred a bipartisan program from the start. I would not expect republicans to "share blame" any more than I would expect conservatives to act rationally.

I noticed that you avoided the fact that this was a republican inititive from the beginning. How did it become evil when it was such a good idea when the Heritage Foundation created it.

- - - - - - - -

"He say that he could manipulate his party..."

I have never heard or read anything of the sort. Where did you find that he "sayed" this?

- - - - - - - -

"...us common folk (the dirty unwashed)..."

It seems a bit strange for you to think of yourself that way. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I guess you're being sarcastic.

- - - - - - - -

"...could have been avoided/solved if only the republicans had cooperated/compromised."

That's not necessarily true, but were it so, the republicans would not have wasted 4 years futilely tilting at windmills.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 2:49 PM
  • "Your entire post is "blame the Republicans" ."

Please point out where I said "blame the Republicans"?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 3:15 PM
  • Avoiding those big Obama quotes are you? The ones where he proudly runs rough-shod over Republicans?

You can't handle the tough questions...

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 3:32 PM
  • "...a totally insulting claim..."

Perhaps an explanation is in order to the "new guy." The term "SO gang" is not an insult, it's simply short-hand for a group that thinks alike, talks alike, has the same irrational aversion to the President of the United States, adopts shared bits of misinformation, has little respect for anyone that disagrees with them, and has strange concepts of what a liberal is.

Besides, I thought they were proud to be in the "gang."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 3:57 PM
  • "...Administration opponents."

Actually I have, often...

I have supported moves to smaller government, sensible reductions in Social Security and Medicare, the decrease in discretionary spending, and reform to the tax code.

Furthermore, the ACA was "my opponents" idea all along.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 4:01 PM
  • America is where it is today because of Republicans AND Democrats , both are equally guilty . Period .

"Beauty and ugliness are everywhere .Even in some of the same things ."

-- Posted by Simple_Minds on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 2:58 PM

That is SO TRUE.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 4:01 PM
  • "has the same irrational aversion to the President of the United States"

No. It is rational. BTW I prefer to call him Obama.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 4:15 PM
  • Your choice, but I wouldn't think that you upset him too much.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 4:41 PM
  • Listening to Michael Schmirconish on POTUS XM today and he had a caller that said she was a fervent supporter of obamacare till she found out she had to pay for it. Chalk another one up on the enlightened side.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 5:10 PM
  • ""...republicans should 'share the blame'."

Where has anyone stated this. To claim this as fact is totally absurd."

Above comes from Common. Which one must then assume that he is admitting that the Democrats carry the full responsibility for the POS fondly known as Obamacare.

And I for one intend to remember Common is giving full credit to the Democrats, the Republicans do not share this abortion.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 30, 2013, at 5:11 PM

Respond to this thread