Speak Out: obamacare Working As Planned?

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Oct 21, 2013, at 8:51 PM:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/10/21/Top-five-obamacare-catastroph...

"If you like your current plan, you'll be allowed to keep it."

Neither I nor my fellow employees got to keep ours. Why did the president lie to us, do you think?

Replies (199)

• -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Oct 21, 2013, at 9:26 PM
  • fixed by March, what year?

-- Posted by Robert* on Mon, Oct 21, 2013, at 9:49 PM
  • So when the site gets fixed, I get to keep my current health insurance plan which I am happy with?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 5:48 AM
  • From the Washington Examiner:

Federal officials considered only one firm to design the Obamacare health insurance exchange website that has performed abysmally since its Oct. 1 debut.

Rather than open the contracting process to a competitive public solicitation with multiple bidders, officials in the Department of Health and Human Services' Centers for Medicare and Medicaid accepted a sole bidder, CGI Federal, the U.S. subsidiary of a Canadian company with an uneven record of IT pricing and contract performance.

CMS officials are tight-lipped about why CGI was chosen or how it happened. They also refuse to say if other firms competed with CGI, or if there was ever a public solicitation for building Healthcare.gov, the backbone of Obamacare's problem-plagued web portal.

Instead, it appears they used what amounts to a federal procurement system loophole to award the work to the Canadian firm.

CGI was one of 16 companies that had been qualified by HHS during President George W. Bush's second term to deliver, without public competition, a variety of hardware, software and communication products and services.

In awarding the Healthcare.gov contract, CMS relied on a little-known federal contracting system called ID/IQ, which is government jargon for "Indefinite Delivery and Indefinite Quantity."

The software apparently is in violation of some copyrite laws and a British company is considering a lawsuit.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 5:01 PM
  • A growing consensus of IT experts, outside and inside the government, have figured out a principal reason why the website for Obamacare's federally-sponsored insurance exchange is crashing. Healthcare.gov forces you to create an account and enter detailed personal information before you can start shopping. This, in turn, creates a massive traffic bottleneck, as the government verifies your information and decides whether or not you're eligible for subsidies. HHS bureaucrats knew this would make the website run more slowly. But they were more afraid that letting people see the underlying cost of Obamacare's insurance plans would scare people away.

HHS didn't want users to see Obamacare's true costs

"Healthcare.gov was initially going to include an option to browse before registering," report Christopher Weaver and Louise Radnofsky in the Wall Street Journal. "But that tool was delayed, people familiar with the situation said." Why was it delayed? "An HHS spokeswoman said the agency wanted to ensure that users were aware of their eligibility for subsidies that could help pay for coverage, before they started seeing the prices of policies." (Emphasis

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/10/14/obamacares-website-is-crash...

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 5:38 PM
  • Now Robert surely you are not suggesting our government would be that devious. This is the transparent administration, after all.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 5:53 PM
  • Wheels,

I am not saying anything, just passing on information. I hope nobody accusing me of 'ganging up' on anyone because I post information provided on these right-wing conservative wacko websites:

'Thanks to government subsidies, many St. Louis-area residents will be able to afford health insurance for the first time, beginning in 2014. But the insurance they'll be able to buy will offer a limited range of options.

This trend toward less value is not only happening on the new health insurance marketplaces, also known as health exchanges, in Missouri, Illinois and other states, but also on the "open market," where health policies have traditionally been sold.

In 2014, experts say, health care consumers are likely to face higher monthly premiums and more financial risk as deductibles and out-of-pocket limits rise.

The sticker shock will be greatest for those who already have individual insurance policies and don't qualify for subsidies.

Compared to the health plans available now, many consumers also will be paying more next year for coverage that offers fewer choices of physicians and hospitals.

"Deductibles are going up. Premiums are going up. (Provider) networks are getting tighter," said Vincent Blair, a health insurance broker in Webster Groves.'

http://www.stltoday.com/news/special-reports/mohealth/new-health-policies-will-e...

-- Posted by Robert* on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:14 PM
  • With the super-partisan rhetoric being spewed by conservatives, it is extremely difficult to believe anything that is said. Just as an example, Senator Cruz squeals about how the ACA will ruin the entire nation, yet no one seems to be able to get his attention between rants to ask him exactly how this national catastrophe is going to happen. Is he really unaware that the ACA will not affect Medicare, Medicaid and the majority of business employees that already have qualifying insurance?

Another interesting point is that the ACA is a private insurance program with government premium support. Remember when Congressman Ryan suggested changing Medicare to a premium support program, all the conservatives thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. What happened?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:33 PM
  • I can grant common only one concession here. The Republicans really screwed the pooch with the debt limit/obamacare/shutdown fiasco. They took the bullseye off the fiasco of the first days of obamacare. Now that the light is shining on the abject failings things will fall into place as they should. Were the republicans dumb enough to think obamacare would succeed? I guess they were. Should have saved everyone time and money and watched the dominoes fall.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:47 PM
  • Common forgets about the chunk of change they are taking from SS & Medicare to help fund this abortion. No effect my foot.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:51 PM
  • With the super-partisan rhetoric being spewed by conservatives-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:33 PM

You mean Klein of Time? A big liberal and critic of this?

You mean Gibbs of the Obama administration? A big liberal and huge critic of this?

==============

"Is he really unaware that the ACA will not affect Medicare, Medicaid and the majority of business employees that already have qualifying insurance?" -- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:33 PM

Nothing could be further from the truth -as usual. There are $761 BILLION in cuts to medicare. Period. The CBO agrees with this and it's the law and I can't even believe you would attempt to push that idea. ACA will not affect Medicare? You can't be taken seriously. Or as another poster said, you are "spewing super-partisan rhetoric".

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:51 PM
  • The qeustion still remains. Why am I not able to keep the insurance I like, as was promised by the president?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:52 PM
  • I'm a business employee. It affected me. Negatively.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 6:54 PM
  • Didn't spaniard previously start a similarly named thread? Wonder what his thoughts are now? Maybe he has low expectations,also.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 7:10 PM
  • "Why am I not able to keep the insurance..."

Ask your boss.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 7:41 PM
  • I did. Boss recieved letter and gave copies to all emloyees from HHS stating our current insurance didn't meet ACA requirements.

Anything else smart@ss?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 7:46 PM
  • "ACA will not affect Medicare?'

It has not affected mine, how has it affected yours?

"There are $761 BILLION in cuts to medicare."

That would mean that Medicare is almost zeroed out for this year. Do you really think this is the case?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 7:49 PM
  • I inadvertently transposed numbers - it is $716 Billion in cuts to Medicare in the ACA

You inadvertently assumed I'm on Medicare. I'm not and won't be for some time.

The $716 Billion is over 10 years. Regardless, the ACA DOES affect medicare and does so negatively according to the CBO and the Washington Post which wrote a great article on these cuts. One big cut is in the support of Medicare Advantage programs to seniors to help them reduce their medical costs. Their payments to those programs will be cut. Another one is the mandatory reduction in payment rates to hospitals and doctors. My personal physician left the practice and headed to a university to teach because he couldn't make it with medicare and it's low rates / late payments anymore. Both of these items were factually listed by the CBO and numerous experts.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 8:12 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 8:58 PM
  • Cavuto hit the nail on the head.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 9:07 PM
  • "The $716 Billion is over 10 years."

Funny how some people on SO always seem to leave things out...

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Tue, Oct 22, 2013, at 10:56 PM
  • "The $716 Billion is over 10 years."

Everyone here - except you - knew that. That fact that I didn't put that in isn't an omission or an error. The FACT is that these are huge cuts to medicare and your are once again completely wrong when you say "Is he really unaware that the ACA will not affect Medicare."

Then you said this: "It has not affected mine, how has it affected yours?". Funny how some people on SO always seem to leave things out.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 8:16 AM
  • I heard a wacky theory about the failings of obamacare.

The guy says that it was purposely doomed to fail so it's proponents could blame it all on a republican,Romneycare,then abandon the whole thing and push for a single payer plan which was the original intent all along. I dismissed it out of hand as I don't think the Obamacrats could be that foresighted or smart for that matter. Geez, hope I didn't give them an idea.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 8:49 AM
  • "...isn't an omission or an error."

So was it an intentional scheme to mislead, or just a means of criticizing something you are confused on?

So there is only a small reduction in Medicare funding that will have little or no impact on participants. That's what I said originally.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:14 AM
  • No - what you said originally was:

"the ACA will not affect Medicare.".

Now you're saying:

"there is only a small reduction in Medicare funding that will have little or no impact on participants."

Now that's the definition of misleading. I would have been misleading if I would have said that the $716 billion in medicare cuts were in a single year. I never said that. And most people know the difference. Apparently you don't? And if you don't then I don't think you're qualified to discuss the impact of the cuts on medicare. Tens of billions of cuts in this year alone.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:34 AM
  • What's funny to me is the ones who are so adamently opposed to Obamacare, are now complaing people can't seem to get on it. HUH ?

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 11:27 AM
  • complaing people can't seem to get on it. HUH ?

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 11:27 AM

I don't think that is what they are complaining about if you want to call it complaining. I think laughing at the ridiculous situation after 3 1/2 years of prep time is more like it. What a failure and what a waste of our resources. A programmer, don't remember his name was reported yesterday as saying he would have been embarrassed to have charged one million dollars for that effort, yet the federal government blowed hundreds if millions on a no bid contract. Hmmmm....... wonder who got the kickbacks on that?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 11:45 AM
  • So there is only a small reduction in Medicare funding that will have little or no impact on participants. That's what I said originally.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:14 AM

Dug, you heard it here first. Tens of billions of Medicare spending on an annual basis 'will have little or no impact on participants'. In that case, I would suggest that there is more waste there to cut!

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 12:20 PM
  • Robert,

And that operation Aunt Ethyl needs. Just stand on her oxygen hose for a few more minutes and we can save the system that expense.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 1:00 PM
  • "Tens of billions of Medicare spending on an annual basis 'will have little or no impact on participants'. In that case, I would suggest that there is more waste there to cut!"

And all along I was under the impression that cuts in spending were a good thing. Now conservatives seem to be saying cuts are bad. Guess what everyone says about conservative dearth of logic is true.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 2:44 PM
  • In that case, I would suggest that there is more waste there to cut!"

Is that a statement that suggests I think cuts are bad? Bring on more cuts!

Remember, we have a spending problem. The solution is less spending not more taxing.

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 2:51 PM
  • And when liberals like Common, state that we can cut tens of billions annually from Medicare with 'little or no impact on participants', why should I argue with them?

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 2:54 PM
  • The cuts are so unnoticed that Common both denies they ever happened or that they even affect him.

Yet he will defend to the death more spending!

Spin...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 3:32 PM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 2:44 PM

Common,

Cuts on the people who have been taxed most of their life for this benefit to give to the deadbeats who will not work is not exactly the kind of cuts one would anticipate a fair administration would dish out. But it is what it is and we know what we are dealing with. People should have left him in the position of Community Organizer. At least it may have been a job he was halfway qualified to do.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 3:33 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 4:05 PM
  • "It has not affected mine."

That's a pretty straightforward statement. Since some apparently need more detailed explanation, it simply means that the Medicare premiums that I pay monthly have not changed as a result of the ACA.

They are very likely to increase over the next few years, but that is to be expected and should not present a problem to most participants.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 4:56 PM
  • but that is to be expected and should not present a problem to most participants as long as there's not a republican behind it. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 5:00 PM
  • For working and taxpaying folks it will be rough. A friend is losing his company paid family healthcare as of the end of the year. So far it is going to be about $900 a month since his wife is high risk but that will most likely be higher. They are giving them a raise that would pay the amount of the group he was in but that amount will be taxed.

It's a shame the Democrats were so against the medical savings accounts since he will have a high deductible.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 5:19 PM
  • This out today:

"CBS News has uncovered a serious pricing problem with HealthCare.gov. A new online feature can dramatically underestimate the cost of insurance.

The administration announced it would provide a new "shop and browse" feature Sunday, but it's not giving consumers the real picture. In some cases, people could end up paying double of what they see on the website, CBS News' Jan Crawford reported Wednesday on "CBS This Morning."

And common says:

"They are very likely to increase over the next few years, but that is to be expected and should not present a problem to most participants. -- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 4:56 PM

You are so wrong on Obamacare. Not a single thing you've said about this calamity has proven true. Nothing. And now even CBS is ripping on the misleading picture the Obama administration has painted on the "lower costs/keep your plan".

You have no credibility on Obamacare. Just partisan talking points.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 9:50 PM
  • Just like government. I told you they couldn't handle something this big.

http://www.alexmarchant.com/blog/2013/10/22/healthcare-dot-gov-lines-of-code-com...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:11 PM
  • "Six voters in ten describe implementation of ObamaCare as "a joke," and more voters than not say problems with the government's health insurance website are so bad someone should be fired,"

The other 4 doesn't care since they will get it for nothing.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:15 PM
  • "You are so wrong..."

-- Posted by Dug

Perhaps then you can tell me...

How do you think the ACA will affect people on Medicare?

How will it affect those with qualifying employer provided health insurance?

How will it affect those on Medicaid?

How many people are left that are eligible for ACA?

How is the ACA different from the Ryan premium support plan?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 10:57 PM
  • "Perhaps then you can tell me...

How do you think the ACA will affect people on Medicare?"

Common.. Common, can I answer that one, please, Common, I know the answer...... can I answer it please.

Thank you Mr. Common...... it will come about through reduced services to people insured under Medicare. So more money can be given to those who do not contribute to America.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Oct 23, 2013, at 11:36 PM
  • When Medicare premiums increase and monthly SS checks don't increase, millions will be negatively affected.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 5:18 AM
  • "How will it affect those with qualifying employer provided health insurance?"

By raising premiums, and reducing services. Many, including myself, have received notice from their insurer that the policy they have carried in the past will no longer be available becuase it is not ACA compliant, and that they will be required to choose a new, ACA compliant plan next year.

"If you like your current plan, you can keep it" turned out to be lie.

Premiums must be increased to cover the cost of paying for all those free birth control pills and the bear the cost of insuring those with pre-existing conditions.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 6:22 AM
  • Kentucky was apparently able to roll out there exchanges with little difficulty, because they did it themselves without using the federal government's system. There is a lesson to be learned there but, sadly, many will not see it.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 6:24 AM
  • -- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 6:33 AM
  • It is a shame that those like myself with wives well past childbearing age are now required by law to carry insurance covering pregnancy and contraceptives.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 6:45 AM
  • "...can I answer that one, please..."

Sorry, wrong again. Get the dunce cap and sit in the corner (you should be old enough to know what that means.)

The correct answer is that the ACA does not directly affect Medicare. The future premium increases are due to general inflation, medical cost increases and the "baby boomer" spike in population.

You also failed to answer the other three questions.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 7:57 AM
  • 'ACA does not directly affect Medicare.'

I beg to differ, Common. According to this article:

The Impact of the ACA on Medicare Advantage

Posted on March 22, 2011 by AHIP Coverage

The ACA cuts more than $200 billion from the Medicare Advantage program ($136 billion directly and another $70 billion indirectly) which will result in seniors facing higher premiums; a reduction in additional benefits; fewer health care choices; and higher out-of-pocket costs as well.

New CBO Projections:

CBO released its March 2011 Baseline last week. The following are projections showing the impact of the ACA on Medicare Advantage:

CBO is projecting MA enrollment declines from 11.7 million enrollees in 2011 to 7.5 million in 2018 and 7.8 million in 2019.

CBO is projecting MA enrollment as a percentage of total MA enrollment decreases from 24% today to 13% in 2019.

http://www.ahipcoverage.com/2011/03/22/the-impact-of-the-aca-on-medicare-advanta...

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 8:12 AM
  • I believe I made a comment about these threads being fairly civil....completely forgot about common. My bad.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 8:18 AM
  • These questions have been answered above. As usual, you ignore facts

================.

"How do you think the ACA will affect people on Medicare?"

I'll cut and past the facts again - not for you, but for others:"One big cut is in the support of Medicare Advantage programs to seniors to help them reduce their medical costs. Their payments to those programs will be cut. Another one is the mandatory reduction in payment rates to hospitals and doctors." It will cost them more money and they will get less service.

================

"How will it affect those with qualifying employer provided health insurance?"

Curious you would slice a question so thin - a propagandist trait. How much will it affect the price of tea in China? That's about as relevant. Ask the millions of Americans being DROPPED off their company plans because of Obamacare fines or having their work hours cut to part time to avoid Obamacare fines. Some people on "qualifying employer" plans are being dropped because of the increase in premiums to the company. Why didn't you ask how it affects those people who buy their own individual policies? The ones getting 30-40-50%+ increases in their premiums? Like the Obama supporter in San Francisco that got a $10,000 premium increase and was furious. Why don't you care about them? Because it doesn't fit your agenda.

================

"How will it affect those on Medicaid?"

It expands it tremendously without providing adequate financial support to the states. A better question would be "How will the Medicare expansion affect TAXPAYERS and the DEBT".

ObamaCare provides states with zero additional federal financial support for new enrollees among those eligible for Medicaid under the old laws. That makes increased state Medicaid costs from higher enrollments by "old-eligibles" virtually certain as they enroll into Medicaid to comply with the mandate to purchase health insurance.

http://www.cato.org/publications/working-paper/estimating-obamacares-effect-stat...

================

"How many people are left that are eligible for ACA?"

How would we know? No one can sign up. Are you living in a cave? Obama's fine leadership has implemented a disaster. No one here is shocked about that except you maybe.

================

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 8:38 AM
  • "The Impact of the ACA on Medicare Advantage"

This is an optional plan beyond basic Medicare. There may be changes to that depending what private insurance option you choose.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:37 AM
  • "...cost of paying for all those free birth control pills..."

What would you say impacts insurance companies more, a few bucks for birth control pills or tens of thousands of dollars for Gynecology & Obstetrics care?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:41 AM
  • -- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 7:57 AM

You're a real hoot Common. You have less credibility as the days go on.

Are you working to get your credibility lower than Obama's? Keep up the good work, you're about there.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:47 AM
  • Furthermore...

In most cases you'll get better coverage and in empolyer plans the ACA is not applicable "so you can keep it."

http://www.kaiserhealthnews.org/Stories/2013/October/21/cancellation-notices-hea...

"By all accounts, the new policies will offer consumers better coverage, in some cases, for comparable cost -- especially after the inclusion of federal subsidies for those who qualify. The law requires policies sold in the individual market to cover 10 "essential" benefits, such as prescription drugs, mental health treatment and maternity care. In addition, insurers cannot reject people with medical problems or charge them higher prices. The policies must also cap consumers' annual expenses at levels lower than many plans sold before the new rules."

- - - - - -

https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/essential-health-benefits/

"The Affordable Care Act ensures health plans offered in the individual and small group markets, both inside and outside of the Health Insurance Marketplace, offer a comprehensive package of items and services, known as essential health benefits. Essential health benefits must include items and services within at least the following 10 categories: ambulatory patient services; emergency services; hospitalization; maternity and newborn care; mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment; prescription drugs; rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices; laboratory services; preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management; and pediatric services, including oral and vision care."

Employer or Union Retiree Plans

"Plans that provide health and/or drug coverage to former employees or members, and, in some cases, their families. These plans are offered to people through their (or a spouse's) former employer or employee organization. Many of these plans aren't legally required to meet many of the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, including providing coverage for children up to age 26."

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:54 AM
  • Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:37 AM

As I said before, if we can make $70+ billion in cuts to Medicare, and (as you posted)

'The correct answer is that the ACA does not directly affect Medicare.'

then I think we should cut some more. Apparently $70+ billion in annual cuts just eliminates fat!

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:58 AM
  • "...required by law to carry insurance covering pregnancy and contraceptives."

I'm not sure if that is totally true. Insurance companies may be required to carry that coverage in their basic package, without extra cost. But it would seem logical that you should be able to tailor a plan to individual needs. If that's not the case now, it should be one of the improvements made soon.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:06 AM
  • But, in the meantime people are receiving notice from their insurance carriers that their policies are being canceled because they do not meet ObamaCrash guidelines. If/when they change the guidelines later how is this going to help those who lost the insurance plans they liked?

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:15 AM
  • "But it would seem logical that you should be able to tailor a plan to individual needs."

Common,

Leftists have no logic as proven by the abortion know as Obamacare. Logic is what you hang your hat on.... isn't it?

Is pregnancy covered by Medicare?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:15 AM
  • This week, the US Department of Health and Human Services released a decision stating that birth control will be part of the preventive health care benefits that must be covered under health insurance plans at no cost to consumers. The decision means no out-of-pocket costs, no cost sharing, and no deductible for women who have little to no current access to birth control. The new requirement is part of a comprehensive set of guidelines for women's preventive care released this week by HHS as part the Affordable Care Act, which requires insurers to cover certain preventive services.

http://www.progressivestates.org/news/dispatch/decision-requires-insurers-cover-...

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:23 AM
  • Check this out. News about to be dropped on us to try and head off his loses of Democratic support in the Senate maybe??

The picture does not picture our Liar in Chief as a happy camper. Kinda like one of those looks when Mommy has just flushed your first contribution on the big boy's potty.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-delay-obamacare-enrollment/2013/10/23/id/...

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:23 AM
  • "This week, the US Department of Health and Human Services released a decision...."

I think this is the scruff of the matter. Department / heads of the executive branch writing laws.

I thought when a law needed to be changed or amended, congress did so by offering and voting on amendment.

It doesn't matter what the people voted for when rules can be made contrary.

Ready to "rule" on the first day.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 1:26 PM
  • Groucho

I saw that. This from the person that dresses Mooch. Might as well dress them in pajamas with fire engines.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 1:37 PM
  • http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-d..

'The report said the Obama administration has recognized there's a "disconnect" between the actual and effective deadlines -- and is working to revise its current policies making sure the two deadlines line up.'

I think there is a 'disconnect' between the Obama administration and reality.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 5:02 PM
  • Regarding the proposed new Marine Corps hat, or is that Marine Corpse, might as well make the Marines the laughing stock of the World's military, Obama has already taken the rest of the country there.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 5:12 PM
  • If you don't pay your electric bill and get a shutoff notice you don't have to pay for Obamacare.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 7:26 PM
  • This is the way it is supposed to work. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/24/obamacare_operator_fired_after...

I post this link to give common cause to respond who my leader is.:)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 7:53 PM
  • Well, at least we know who is held accountable by the Obama administration. And it is definitely not Catherine Sebilius.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 8:22 PM
  • Hannity is a bit of an idiot. His only reason to call was to try to get someone to say something silly, and he succeeded. There was no reason for the lady to get fired.

She deserved to get something from Hannity since he was the cause of her losing her job.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 9:58 PM
  • Common,the lady got "caught" telling the truth and was fired. Funny how the buck stopped with her and now she's the goat. You stoop very very low to defend any debacle this administration makes. Will you make a donation to help her out? Your new favorite word "logic" escapes you daily. Hang in there,everyone else is jumping ship. I think you defined everyone for us.

-- Posted by rocknroll on Thu, Oct 24, 2013, at 10:44 PM
  • ObamaCare can't even get this right. A cupcake store and an auto body shop were listed as ObamaCare signup sites. And nobody thought to inform them when they did it.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23835988/cupcake-store-car-repair-shop-listed-as-ob...

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 31, 2013, at 4:08 PM
  • ObamaCare can't even get this right. A cupcake store and an auto body shop were listed as ObamaCare signup sites. And nobody thought to inform them when they did it.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/23835988/cupcake-store-car-repair-shop-listed-as-ob...

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Oct 31, 2013, at 4:09 PM
  • Obama's *** kissing supporters have maintained that people with Medicare will not be affected. The Service Manager at the kid's business came in today and told me that a friend of his, 67 years old, received his notice yesterday from United Health Care that his policy for Supplemental Insurance was being canceled, and indicated the entire Lincoln County area recipients would be getting this notice.

My guess is he now considers himself affected.

I also have United Health Care's Supplemental Insurance. Do not know if this County will be a part of this or not.

I have been satisfied with my Supplemental Policy with United Health Care and would like to go on uninterrupted and without a lot of BS. My dislike of Obama is going to become passionate if that happens.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 12:54 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 3:05 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 3:56 PM
  • Sorry Regret but Common said this wouldn't happen. So you must be wrong if Common said so.

:-)

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Nov 5, 2013, at 4:03 PM
  • San Francisco architect Lee Hammack says he and his wife, JoEllen Brothers, are "cradle Democrats." They have donated to the liberal group Organizing for America and worked the phone banks a year ago for President Obama's re-election.

Since 1995, Hammack and Brothers have received their health coverage from Kaiser Permanente, where Brothers worked until 2009 as a dietitian and diabetes educator. "We've both been in very good health all of our lives -- exercise, don't smoke, drink lightly, healthy weight, no health issues, and so on," Hammack told me.

The couple -- Lee, 60, and JoEllen, 59 -- have been paying $550 a month for their health coverage -- a plan that offers solid coverage, not one of the skimpy plans Obama has criticized. But recently, Kaiser informed them the plan would be canceled at the end of the year because it did not meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act. The couple would need to find another one. The cost would be around double what they pay now, but the benefits would be worse.

Read the details at:

http://www.propublica.org/article/loyal-obama-supporters-canceled-by-obamacare

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 6:43 PM
  • Looks like Obama is giving the Unions tax relief on Barrycare while the common folk pay. Remember... vote yourself largess at every opportunity.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/claim-unions-may-get-health-law-tax-relief_7...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 7:22 PM
  • obama and his fellow politicians, past and present, have always put the common folk on the bottom of their priority list. (If on the list at all)

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 8:04 PM
  • After reading about the couple in San Francisco and others who face dramatic premium increases; I predict that many will under report income in order to qualify for rebates. This will result in higher costs for the taxpayers at the same time that it decreases tax revenue....a double whammy for the annual federal deficit spending.

Just another unintended consequence of ObamaCare. The law of unintended consequences strikes again!

-- Posted by Robert* on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 8:28 PM
  • Simple, I think the 'data hub' is the whole purpose behind Obamacare. That and the intrusion of the IRS as the enforcement arm of government.

You just gave me another reason not to like fruitcake.

And what will happen to the economy as government forces most productive persons in the country to change their spending habits? For many people, this is a budget buster. As they are forced to spend more on insurance (and out of pocket medical costs) they will cut back on other spending. I don't predict that the economy will crash but it will be required to make an adjustment to new spending patterns.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 6:18 AM
  • "...Rights and Freedom's I had at their age."

Just out of curiosity, what specific "rights and freedoms" did you have that they don't have?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 9:05 AM
  • Common

Being the retired general living on the farm and going to SEMO you should know.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 2:44 PM
  • A farmer I am well acquainted with told me a story last year. It seems that he woke up one morning last year and walked out on the porch just in time to see a dark green government truck pull out of his driveway. Being curious, he went out and checked. He followed the truck tracks across his pasture to a spot overseeing his his home and farm lot. The lack of dew on one spot indicated that the vehicle had been parked there for some time. Apparently he and/or his property was under surveillance. How many of his rights do you think might have been violated?

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 3:42 PM
  • Simple, the fact that common needed to ask that question explains a lot.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 3:46 PM
  • Just out of curiosity, what specific "rights and freedoms" did you have that they don't have?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 9:05 AM

I had the right to go the doctor of my choosing.

I had the right to negotiate with any insurance company for the coverage I thought I needed at a rate I could afford to pay.

-- Posted by Robert* on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 10:56 PM
  • "...had the right to go the doctor of my choosing."

You still do.

- - - - - - - - -

"I had the right to negotiate with any insurance company for the coverage I thought I needed at a rate I could afford to pay."

You still do. The fact that the basic plan has been improved doesn't change your rights. Not any different than claiming you don't use seat belts, and complain about not being able to buy a car without them.

- - - - - - - - -

"I had the right to be what I wanted to be and do what I wanted to do ."

And why can't you do that now.

- - - - - - - - -

"I was an adult at 18 years of age instead of 26 years of age ."

That has not changed. Where is the 26 coming from?

- - - - - - - - -

"A search warrant was needed for DNA testing ."

20 years ago DNA testing was not done. Why is it different than fingerprints.

- - - - - - - - -

"My land line phones weren't being monitored 365/24/7"

They aren't now being monitored now. Some cell numbers are being collected.

- - - - - - - - -

"Basic stuff , like smoking in public ..."

Why can't they smoke in public. On the other hand, now they have a new right to eat in a restaurant without swallowing second hand smoke.

- - - - - - - - -

"Federal Agents can now print out search warrants on the spot with-out getting a signature from a Judge . "

What proof do you have of that?

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 6:57 PM
  • ...had the right to go the doctor of my choosing."

You still do.

- - - - - - - - -

"I had the right to negotiate with any insurance company for the coverage I thought I needed at a rate I could afford to pay."

You still do. The fact that the basic plan has been improved doesn't change your rights. Not any different than claiming you don't use seat belts, and complain about not being able to buy a car without them.

You haven't been paying much attention to ObamaCare have you? Or are you still in the denial mode? I cannot keep the insurance I carried before and the new insurance requires that I see medical providers within it's network. Erego, I cannot continue dealing with the doctors of my choice.

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 8:40 PM
  • "If you like your doctor you will be able to keep your doctor. Period," Obama said in a speech in Chicago in 2009. "If you like your healthcare plan, you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. Period."

-- Posted by Robert* on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 8:45 PM
  • The fact that the basic plan has been improved-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 6:57 PM

A lie. Many of the "new" Obamacare mandated policies have higher deductibles and much more out of pocket payments. Not to mention higher premiums. You cannot negotiate or have your old policy that you chose.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 9:52 AM
  • Another liberal piece on Obamacare? A direct quote from Juan:

"insurance policies cancelled. It is estimated that half of those folks will get better coverage for a lower price. Some people will even get subsidies to help them pay the lower price.".

So we're supposed to get excited that 1/2 of the people will get better coverage under subsidies? Since you don't know what a "loan default rate" is do you know what a "subsidy" is?

What about the other half who fall into "less coverage at higher prices"?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 10:32 AM
  • Now Obama is saying they should raise the subsidies to $90K limit. So who is going to pay these subsidies?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • Obama says something in 2009 (before the bill was created) that turned out not to be true, and he's a liar.-- Posted by miccheck on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 10:53 AM

He repeated it over 20 times after that - making you the liar. He's good at doing that to his dedicated believers.

===========

"Dug, this is at least the FOURTH time THIS WEEK I've shown your dishonesty." - that makes you a liar 4 times this week. You've been pushing Obama's lies and spinning on here since day one. Being called "dishonest" or a "liar" by you is a sign of honesty on SO. I'll take it.

============

WARNING - the following posts might give you a headache. Consult your Obamacare mandated coverages before you read this to see if you qualify for mental assistance...

Like I said default rates don't matter -- Posted by miccheck on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 12:15 PM

I never said people defaulting on student loans wasn't a problem. -- Posted by miccheck on Wed, Nov 6, 2013, at 5:26 PM

why default rate is non-factor -- Posted by miccheck on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 4:42 AM

I've said rising default rates are a non-issue -- Posted by miccheck on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 6:46 AM

For the last time, I said default rates were not relevant -- Posted by miccheck on Thu, Nov 7, 2013, at 7:11 AM

One last time: Default rates matter. -- Posted by miccheck on Fri, Nov 8, 2013, at 11:24 AM

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 11:07 AM
  • Dug and I were having a conversation about the difference between the government backing private loans and loaning money directly from the treasury-- Posted by miccheck on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 11:16 AM

A lie. YOU were having that conversation yourself after getting schooled on your misinformation - you changed the subject when you realized you were wrong.

Your own words are bullying you. You've become a great spin master, grasshopper.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 11:19 AM
  • Write another novel to change what you said. It doesn't matter:

"Like I said default rates don't matter"

"I never said people defaulting on student loans wasn't a problem"

"why default rate is non-factor"

"For the last time, I said default rates were not relevant"

"One last time: Default rates matter."

As many have pointed out, you change the subject, lie and spin to make a point. There is no clearer evidence than your own words. Now go off for another hour and try and correct your misleading statements with another novel... I believe that last post beat "Gone with the Wind"....

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:13 PM
  • My points remained the same. -- Posted by miccheck on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:28 PM

That I will agree with. Anything Obama says or does is good with you. Anyone that would dare challenge your man is bad. And you'll lie, cheat and steal to prove it. Look at your own words above.

Your points do remain the same - all-things-Obama.

Grow up.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:41 PM
  • Wrong again miccheck:

"the taxpayer was already "on the hook" for the federally-backed loans issued by private lenders before the money was loaned directly from the treasury"

YOU lumped the loans together in several posts. YOU said they were the same regardless of private or public. You need to read your own words before you post.

Lying again.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 12:49 PM
  • The government should not be guaranteeing loans. And it should not be in the loan business. This inevitably ends up with the taxpayers on the hook. There would be fewer bad loans made if they were made by a private company which would have to eat any losses.

-- Posted by Robert* on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 2:47 PM
  • The government should not be guaranteeing loans. And it should not be in the loan business. This inevitably ends up with the taxpayers on the hook. There would be fewer bad loans made if they were made by a private company which would have to eat any losses.

-- Posted by Robert* on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 2:47 PM

Robert,

The problem with Government being in the loan business..... Many are obligated to cover the shortages that are incurred by a few that are not even smart enough to manage their own affairs. A look at the tax problems of many of them tell you that. And the loan business is not the only business they are not smart enough to operate.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 8:13 PM
  • ?So wonder how this healthcare business will be run?

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 8:23 PM
  • So wonder how this healthcare business will be run?

The insurance companies competing on the fascist theory of fair competition that are diven into bankruptcy won't be bailed out but their customers will be saved by that great shining knight of social justice we call government.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Nov 9, 2013, at 11:32 PM
  • The Dark Side Of Canada's Immigration And Health Care Systems:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/01/12/judge-upholds-decision-denying-entry-to-...

"South African doctor's immigration bid rejected because her autistic child would cost taxpayers too much"

"A judge has upheld an immigration officer's decision to deny entry to a South African doctor because her autistic child would cost taxpayers too much money, highlighting a little-known law that puts a pricetag on the medical conditions of would-be new Canadians.

"Thousands of potential immigrants are rejected every year because of the rule, and numerous appeals -- involving people with everything from HIV to arthritis -- have reached the courts.

"At the heart of the cases is a 13-year-old section of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act that deems people "medically inadmissible" if their condition would trigger excessive medical or social costs here.

"It continues to impact real people, often in surprising cases," the author of medicallyinadmissible.com, a blog critical of the policy, wrote recently. The anonymous U.S. citizen, who describes himself as HIV-positive, says the legislation should be rescinded."

This harkens back to an earlier post in which I posted a quote regarding free trade vs. the welfare state. If you have a free trade system, you welcome immigrants who come here to take advantage of the opportunity work and earn and lift themselves up, even if they fail trying. In a welfare state, you worry about the cost of every poor person who enters the country, and of every rich person who leaves it.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Jan 13, 2015, at 11:32 AM
  • Rick: There couldn't have been a "master plan" not with all the changes & delays that has happen to Pinkycare since it was passed.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Wed, Jan 14, 2015, at 5:24 PM
  • The budget cuts to the IRS caused lay offs thereby causing personnel not being able to help citizens. This is what I keep hearing from guys (?)like swamp and semo471 among others on here cut the budget and get rid of the IRS.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 6:16 PM
  • The budget cuts were to stop the IRS from performing illegal work in denying political opponents tax-exempt status. Or anyone that disagrees with the president or his party.

Of course in "Obama's world" he'll slow down refunds and ratchet up the snooping and persecuting of political opponents. That part of "the budget" won't be touched.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 6:22 PM
  • If you're expecting a tax refund it may be a little late. If you owe more taxes than you have sent in, send it early to avoid a visit from 'Armed' IRS agents. To avoid this problem in the future, write your representatives and urge they fully fund the agency to pre-sequestration limits plus 7%.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 8:15 PM
  • Dug old boy, I'm just repeating what they said on your Fox news.

-- Posted by left turn on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 8:57 PM
  • I'm just repeating what they said on your Fox news. -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 8:57 PM

Reread my comment. Comprehension issues today?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 9:11 PM
  • -- Posted by left turn on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 6:16 PM

Left: I keep saying to go to a flat tax and this will in turn do away with the IRS and all the tax lawyers. HR Block has been running ads that say if you need help in figuring the Pinkycare taxes on your returns come see them. They will gladly charge you for their service. Another hidden "tax" from Pinkycare.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 9:24 PM
  • A federal Fair tax plan would be the solution with one exception, congress would find reason to supplement it.

Local entities promise great quarter percent increases to fund all and then come back with a 'do it for the children' all the time to fund new causes. The central government is no different.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Jan 15, 2015, at 11:01 PM
  • obamacare Working As Planned?

I believe it's working just as the insurance, healthcare industry, and government wanted it to work.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Jan 16, 2015, at 6:38 AM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 10:37 AM
  • OJ - remember that Obama supporters - and Obama himself - accuse others of "throwing granny over the cliff". Once again, the liberal socialists model shows it's true colors. Doctors are dropping medicare/medicaid like a rock. The promise of "insurance for everyone" is a lie as well.

Rationed care. Exactly what Obamacare is.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 10:49 AM

It all fits with the dumbing down of America. We need government to feed, fan and fund us.

Young folks, take note, if you don't want to end up like too many of today's grannys, get off your hind end and get a job and plan out how you want to retire. It can be done if you apply yourselves starting now.

PS: And start voting for less government.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 10:56 AM
  • Wheels, when you say less govt, would that also include staying out of a woman's uterus?

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 11:09 AM
  • Lefty - when you say less government, would that also include staying out of a murderer's business?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 11:19 AM
  • There is a difference of being convicted of murder and being accused of murder. Dug, you should realize that being the constitutional scholar you think you are. Now, Dug does that include staying out of a woman's uterus?

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 11:24 AM
  • Lefty - your response makes no sense. If you are against "more government" does that include allow people to commit murder? Since the government is the one that deals with murder?

Should a pregnant woman be allowed to drink alcohol, take drugs and deliver a deformed alcohol fetal syndrome baby? Should the government stay out of that? A "woman's uterus"?

Tough question. I don't expect an answer to that.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 11:33 AM
  • Should that same women be allowed to let her kids play with guns?

If you are all for saving the child, then by dang, save the child totally. Don't let it be born to live a miserable life and die way too young.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 12:02 PM
  • Dug, you probably had a hard time understanding my answer because it was difficult to respond to such a stupid question. You make the argument for abortion more acceptable everyday .

-- Posted by left turn on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 12:23 PM
  • But if the guy that shot you was still alive, do you believe he should have the right to own a gun?

How about a mother who allowed her child to shoot a sibling, should she have a right to own a gun?

Where do the rights of the victims come into play?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 1:00 PM
  • Should that same women be allowed to let her kids play with guns? -- Posted by Reasoning on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 12:02 PM

Sure! As long as they're unloaded/safety locked, etc.

The point is you libs focus on abortion as "stay out of my business". But you believe, I'm sure, that a woman doesn't have the right to destroy a baby in her uterus with drugs and alcohol.

Seems like inconsistency at best and hypocrisy at worst.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 1:02 PM
  • Seems to me the family doctors don't practice medicine much any more. They just prescribe medicines with little liability and refer any real doctoring needed to specialists.

Funny it was that I could not get my young nurse friend to believe I had my tonsils removed in our family Doc's office.

I'm told one reason we all have to have claim on a doc as ours is to have a home base for the records. Other than that aspect I think it would be better if I call around with my complaint and see which doc offered best price and treatment.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 5:00 PM
  • Former Mayor bloomberg grows a sack, throws PC out the window, and finally makes some sense.

........................................................................................................

During an interview with the Aspen Institute, Bloomberg said that minority males who are between 15 and 25 years of age are responsible for 95 percent of murders, and that cities should work to remove guns from this age group to combat violence.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Feb 9, 2015, at 8:28 PM
  • Heard a report on CNN whereby 28% of the premiums of those enrolled in Pinkycare are paid by them leaving 72% of the premiums for the taxpayers to cover....affordable health care.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:07 AM
  • Semo-add to that the huge increase in insurance costs for businesses, the reduction in hours from full-time to the new democrat "part time" and no pay increases because of these costs and you have the other problem with Obamacare... the shrinking middle class and falling wages.

All thanks to Obamacare.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:23 AM
  • Semo471 & Dug,

We were told how intelligent Obama was. In my opinion if he is as smart as his backers think he is then he would have to know this would be the end result of Obamacare and it was his plan all along.

So maybe his detractors are correct, his intention is to destroy America... after all he said America is a great Country, help me change it.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:31 AM
  • Wheels,

There is no doubt in my mind what his intentions are. I just hope politicians like Claire McCaskill who supported Obama 100% - even encouraged him to run when he was first thinking about it - will get their due. I hope she loses in landslide fashion the next time she runs.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:36 AM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rick on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:55 AM

Rick,

I agree, he is a puppet for them.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 10:03 AM
  • I have a feeling that when Obama leaves he won't get rich giving speeches like Bill and Hillary Clinton did when they were broke after leaving the White House.

I could see that the Clinton's could generate a lot of big money speaking all over the world. But I can't imagine anyone paying a dime to hear an empty suit like Obama talk.

How will Obama "get rich" after the White House? Keep those millions of dollars in campaign money even though he's not running?

It will be interesting to see how he gets rich.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 11:28 AM
  • Dug, Remember Hillary made that broke claim, just after getting 7 million for a book deal and arranging for Secret Service to make the mansion payments. Obama will have plenty of ways to remain wealthy too.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 11:55 AM
  • OJ - Yes she did. Do you think that'll get brought up when she runs? :-)

I really question though how Obama will get his millions. Maybe Soros will throw a few his way? He doesn't have much respect in the world.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 12:02 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 3:38 PM
  • -- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 4:24 PM
  • -- Posted by ▪Rick on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 5:24 PM

Rick: Maybe you can open up a small office and instruct those who can only pay 28% of their premiums as to the workings of Pinkycare and how to soak the taxpayers. Guess after deducting your fee for the instructions the local percentage would drop down to 27.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 7:13 PM
  • I have a feeling that when Obama leaves he won't get rich giving speeches like Bill and Hillary Clinton did when they were broke after leaving the White House.

I could see that the Clinton's could generate a lot of big money speaking all over the world. But I can't imagine anyone paying a dime to hear an empty suit like Obama talk.

How will Obama "get rich" after the White House? Keep those millions of dollars in campaign money even though he's not running?

It will be interesting to see how he gets rich.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 11:28 AM

I think you are wrong. The world is full of corporations and special interest groups that will pay him 6 figure speaking fees. Plenty of publishing houses that will publish his future books, plenty of deep pocket law firms that will be willing to hire him.

obama will leave the whitehouse and immediately begin collecting millions. Plenty of folks in this world willing to fill his pockets, while making money for themselves off of his status a former president.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:28 PM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Feb 10, 2015, at 9:28 PM

FFF: Wish we could say "former President" right now.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 7:43 AM
  • FFF - it could happen. I just think that Obama is less respected and more of an empty suit than a Reagan, Bush, Clinton president. He simply cannot tell the truth at all (presidents have a problem with this in general) but he doesn't really know much.

What would Barack Obama be asked to talk about? Acorn? Social justice? Racism? OK - now I see where he might make some bucks... :-)

And I forgot about the lucrative university circuit. 90% of the liberal professors worship him now so I believe he could get some good cash there.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 7:49 AM
  • 90%? Where did you get this information Dug? Worship him? You talk like you actually know a professor?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:07 AM
  • Reasoning, do you think the St. Louis University professor who supported his students blocking major thoroughfares during the Ferguson debacle is a "liberal" Obama supporter?....Borrow the tag line from one of your fellow "liberals"; use some common sense.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:32 AM
  • Ha! 90% BS, one professor does not equal 90%. Use your brain.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:43 AM
  • Not sure any professor said "block the thoroughfares", but I can see him saying, speak your piece and encourage peaceful protests. Want to show me your source BS, and I don't consider an angry blog a source.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:47 AM
  • I'm taking the 90% as just verbiage. Since you're taking it so literally, maybe Dug should have said "majority".

Reasoning, how do teachers and professors normally vote?....Use your brain here.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:54 AM
  • Where did you get this information Dug? Worship him? -- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 8:07 AM

Despite the fact that you don't answer my tough questions, I'll continue to answer yours.

I know a lot of professors. I went to college. So personal experience and a ton of easily available research would help you:

http://www.studentsforacademicfreedom.org/news/1898/lackdiversity.html

"estimates that economic conservatives comprise just 4 percent of academia"

"A recent survey indicated that nearly 70% of Americans felt academia favors professors with liberal social and political views"

"The overall ratio of Democrats to Republicans we were able to identify at the 32 schools was more than 10 to 1 (1397 Democrats, 134 Republicans)."

"At other schools we found these representations of registered faculty Democrats to Republicans:

Brown 30-1

Bowdoin, Wellesley 23-1

Swarthmore 21-1

Amherst, Bates 18-1

Columbia, Yale 14-1

Pennsylvania, Tufts, UCLA and Berkeley 12-1

Smith 11-1

At no less than four elite schools we could not identify a single Republican on the faculty:

Williams 51 Democrats, 0 Republicans

Oberlin 19 Democrats, 0 Republicans

MIT 17 Democrats, 0 Republicans

Haverford 15 Democrats, 0 Republicans"

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 9:10 AM
  • "Not sure any professor said "block the thoroughfares", but I can see him saying, speak your piece and encourage peaceful protests."

Reasoning,

Blocking major thoroughfares is not peaceful protesting. It is breaking the law and forcing your "peaceful" neighbors who may not give a rats rear end about your cause a lot of anguish and aggravation. Especially if they have something important that you are interrupting... like getting a sick child to a doctor, or the emergency room. Protesting crosses the line from peaceful to mob rule when you break the first law that applies to all citizens.

I have a friend who lives in a neighboring community from Ferguson MO. His neighborhood has now deteriorated due to an element moving in over the past several years that wants to live as if they were straight out of the jungle. His house, once appraised at $135,000 is now appraised at $49,000. Retired, upper 70's and would like to move where his house is not broken into as it was about a year ago. Fixed income, please tell me how he can move and why he has some of the feelings he does. Has a CCW permit and goes nowhere unarmed..... do you blame him?

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 9:14 AM
  • This is just one of 1000's of examples of a liberal American utopia:

"New Jersey Police Crack Down on Teens for Illegal Snow Shoveling

New Jersey teens, Matt Molinari and Eric Schnepf, were hoping to make a few bucks shoveling snow in their neighborhood.

But police ruined their plans when they told the teens they needed a permit to promote their services."

School gets cancelled, rather than sitting on your butt and playing Xbox you decide to do WORK and EARN some money... not according to the city laws and police force.

Sick.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 9:59 AM
  • -- Posted by Dug on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 9:59 AM

Dug,

If there is a will there is a way. Quit charging for shoveling snow and work on tips. Surely the government cannot tell you you cannot shovel snow for people for free. I would bet their tips might just exceed what they were charging anyway.

It is always fun, when government makes a stupid law like that to find a legal way around it. And maybe a trip to the next council meeting to point out just how stupid government is becoming wouldn't hurt anything either. After all council members are elected by the people and if they get away with creating dumb laws they will tend to create more dumb laws.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 10:36 AM
  • I would be interested to know how many of the "liberal" pundits on here agree with the New Jersey ordinance...

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 10:44 AM
  • Wheels - good point!

I wonder if they worked for tips if the IRS wouldn't be in the neighborhood next... :-)

Just more of the "nanny state". Two kids that want to actually work to make a few bucks since all the McDonald's jobs are now "living wage" for adults. There are a ton of kids that wouldn't think of doing this. Good for their parents that they have the initiative.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 10:52 AM
  • "estimates" and "felt" mean opinions. No where did you prove a 90% or anything close to it. However, what you did appear to point out, is that a lot of educated people lean left. Maybe they know something you are missing.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 12:49 PM
  • Wheels, I would be frustrated like your friend, and upset. I have a friend who worked hard on updating and renovating a 'find' near there who has also lost a great in estimated value.

I believe if he can ride it out, he will recoup, but that is of little comfort to him right now.

Funny thing, though, he blames the rioters, he also blames Darren Wilson.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 12:52 PM
  • what you did appear to point out, is that a lot of educated people lean left. Maybe they know something you are missing. -- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 12:49 PM

Maybe it would help to stay within the context of the discussion - liberal college professors. You know, those guys with "life tenure" making well into 6 figures and teaching a class or two now and then? Wasn't your president also a "constitutional scholar" (LOL!).

And for once you are right! The 90% statement I made was opinion. Then I backed up with facts that you actually agreed with.

So I was right. What's your point?

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 1:04 PM
  • How the heck do you get you were right? You proved you were wrong, ha! By the way, who is Lol?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 1:11 PM
  • Looks to me from the stats Dug provided that conservatives aren't qualified to be professors.Also, I remember one time in the "wild liberal" town of Cape that folks were charging to pull cars out of flooded ares and were fined by the police for not having a city license. **** that liberal town of Cape destroying ambitious people.

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 1:18 PM
  • How the heck do you get you were right? -- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 1:11 PM

As always your competitive mouth gets ahead of your liberal brain. How do I get I was right?

"90% of the liberal professors" - Dug

"The overall ratio of Democrats to Republicans we were able to identify at the 32 schools was more than 10 to 1 (1397 Democrats, 134 Republicans)." - research

"a lot of educated people lean left" - Reasoning

You're getting to be as much fun as Ike/Spaniard/LeSpagnoli...

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 1:23 PM
  • I would rather take Econ 101 from the hotdog vendor on 49th Street, than from a "liberal" economics professor who has NEVER been in the business world...I would wager a good amount of money that Lefty, Reasoning, and common work for owners who are conservative.

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 2:10 PM
  • Well ma'am, you would be wrong.

-- Posted by left turn on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 2:16 PM
  • You must be a government worker lefty...

-- Posted by BonScott on Wed, Feb 11, 2015, at 2:21 PM
  • Another great Obama failure. I wonder why he took the student loan program away from the banks in the first place?

"Obama student loan forgiveness program swells by $22B"

In 10-20 years the government will eat your loan if you sign up and don't pay it all off. Another great idea endorsed by the liberals on Speak Out no doubt.

Personal responsibility / accountability isn't a word in the liberal vocabulary.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Thu, Feb 12, 2015, at 1:08 PM
  • Wish we hadn't paid for our daughters college education and had them to take out student loans so Pres. Pinky could forgive the debt. Now we as responsible parents who paid the college costs in full are now paying for those who didn't as taxpayers....isn't that a double whammy.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Thu, Feb 12, 2015, at 6:30 PM
  • Semo, Suk it up, it's time to give back. You didn't build that college money all on your own you know. Every kid deserves a higher education regardless of where they come from or what the outcome in life's lottery.

We must as a nation invest in our children's futures. It is only fair that owners of pension funds, retirement trusts and other unearned income not be shielded from the responsibility of participating in the investment in the future of our nation and the success of our children in a global market.

:)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Feb 12, 2015, at 7:02 PM
  • Rick: Sure looks like Pinkycare is working the exact way that the Dems wanted it to.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Fri, Feb 13, 2015, at 2:14 PM
  • BOOM !! Stocks close at record high.

-- Posted by left turn on Fri, Feb 13, 2015, at 6:11 PM
  • Rick. You should go south and reenter disguised as an illegal immigrant and get that EITC and back pay to help with your expense. Then later you can vote. Be sure to wear your Obama T-shirt. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Feb 13, 2015, at 6:31 PM
  • There is a big difference in being educated and having a lot of book learning. One of the smartest and most educated men I ever knew made it through the 7th grade. His Father died when he was very young leaving him, the oldest, and his mother to feed and take care of 9 siblings.

He was still taking care of some of these more educated siblings well into their adult life when he passed away.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Sat, Feb 14, 2015, at 8:29 AM
  • "If there is a will there is a way. Quit charging for shoveling snow and work on tips. Surely the government cannot tell you you cannot shovel snow for people for free."

Good ol entrepreneurial spirit.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sat, Feb 14, 2015, at 8:51 AM
  • 900,000 Pinkycare folks will have a delay in getting their refund checks due to errors, what a crock - who's in charge, where's the Leader of the Free World addressing these problems to his party's voter base.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 10:02 AM
  • where's the Leader of the Free World addressing these problems to his party's voter base. -- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 10:02 AM

He was in California golfing on another vacation last I heard. He's probably on the 7th or 8th hole by now. Getting ready to sip some tea and smoke a cigarette after the 9th hole.

Then back to the course with Tiger Woods, George Soros, etc.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 10:15 AM
  • RELee - you got that right! As long as he's playing golf he can't run the debt up too much faster.

-- Posted by not_sorry on Mon, Feb 23, 2015, at 3:49 PM
  • In the news today. I can't wait to see the posters that pimped Obamacare and it's so-called "savings" and "costs" to comment on this:

"The first Obamacare-created insurer to go under could cost federal taxpayers up to $140 million, according to a new court filing.

CoOportunity Health, a nonprofit insurer created with $147 million in federal taxpayer loans as a result of the Affordable Care Act, was taken over by the state of Iowa in 2014 and declared insolvent in March of this year. Now the company's ability to repay its loans may be looking grim, The Des Moines Register reports."

-- Posted by not_sorry on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:27 AM
  • over 7.5 million americans now covered by aca. they did not have any coverage at first. It's working, going through growing pains, needs adjustments, but will never be repealed.

-- Posted by Cadillac on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 9:48 AM
  • Careful Rick, Caddy was butt kicking yesterday.

-- Posted by Have Wheels Will Travel - ΑΩ on Wed, Aug 5, 2015, at 10:08 AM
  • Well, those graduate students are just rich, priveledged kids. They shouldn't be getting subsidies anyway.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Aug 19, 2015, at 9:41 PM
  • The government of the United States of America is nothing more than a collection of buffoons. The only bigger buffoons are those who defend it.

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/673595

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 7:55 PM
  • Would anyone expect different?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 8:39 PM
  • Just look at anything that the Federal Government try's to oversee: post office - huge debt and they don't call it snail mail for nothing. VA - veterans having to wait days in order to see a doctor. Pinkycare - will drive the USA to the poor house in a GM car. IRS - opportunity to give tax lawyers and tax preparers jobs due to the thousands of pages of rules and regulations. Military - if left along, they can get the job done. EPA - China and Mexico's job creator. Department of Education - Federal mandated rules that doesn't benefit the kids due to all the yearly changes (Common Core, No child left behind to name a few). Welfare Program - corruption to the highest degree with no incentive to get off of it. As FFF stated: "The government of the United States of America is nothing more than a collection of buffoons."

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Fri, Sep 4, 2015, at 9:24 PM
  • I've said it once, I'll say it again, the government of the United States of America is a collection of buffoons. The only bigger buffoons are those that believe the government will be effective in running obamacare.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/US-Veterans-Health-Care/2015/09/05/id/673719/

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Sep 5, 2015, at 9:06 AM
  • Many obamacare policies, for which the supposedly insured are paying $400+ per month premiums, are not accepted by any doctors. Yet the buffoons tout this useless boondoggle.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Sat, Sep 5, 2015, at 9:13 AM
  • Posted by ▪Rick on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 6:37 AM

Rick: Another hole in Pinkycare that needs to be plugged. Hopefully a flood of new problems with Pinkycare doesn't cause the plugged holes to start leaking, fail, and do harm to the country.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:00 AM
  • The more students are subsidized, the more money the college can charge, with more student loans and the more beholding to government the students can be.

Sounds like a plan.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:37 AM
  • If the students are working part time for the college then let the college provide for a health care plan similar to the full term workers at the college.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:42 AM
  • If the students are working part time for the college then let the college provide for a health care plan similar to the full term workers at the college.

-- Posted by semo471 on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:42 AM

That's what Mizzou was doing until obama said they couldn't.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:52 AM
  • Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 9:52 AM

FFF: Thanks. Pinkycare is like a spider's web, once you fall into the trap you're a goner.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Sep 7, 2015, at 10:46 AM
  • Lower than expected numbers enrolled in Pinkycare will mean IMO higher monthly premiums and more money paid by the tax payers to subsided those that can't paid the full monthly premiums.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obamacare-Americans-For-Tax-Reform-Health-Insur...

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Mon, Sep 14, 2015, at 10:12 PM
  • Pinkycare is another scam that might look good at first but upon peeling back the different layers of misinformation the user finds out that they have been scammed.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 8:13 AM
  • Pinkycare is another scam that might look good at first but upon peeling back the different layers of misinformation the user finds out that they have been scammed.

-- Posted by semo471 on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 8:13 AM

You mean like when someone goes on the obamacare website, picks a plan, pays $400 a month in premiums, and then when they need to use the policy, they find out not a single doctor within 200 miles will accept that $400 per month policy?

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 9:00 PM
  • Wait until the poor people learn that their earned income tax refund is dinged to pay for their high deductible, high co-pay coverage that few places accept.

Maybe Bernie Sanders can save Obamacare with the big money he promises to spend on free health care.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Sep 15, 2015, at 9:13 PM
  • -- Posted by Schaefer's World on Tue, Nov 24, 2015, at 2:53 PM
  • Another obamacare coop to close down. By end of year, of the 23 coops established more than half will have failed. Arizona coop claims it will have only $16 million left to repay it's $93 million federal loan.

What say (spin) the obamacare supporting @ss clowns?

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/703485

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Tue, Nov 24, 2015, at 7:35 PM
  • -- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Nov 25, 2015, at 7:29 PM
  • R.I.P......Pinkycare.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Wed, Nov 25, 2015, at 7:37 PM
  • "Obamacare is proving what doesn't work. Now we need to find out what does."

The last line says a lot.

It will work out IMO to the liberal dream of a single payer for everything Bernie Sanders style if some political housecleaning is not done.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Nov 25, 2015, at 8:32 PM
  • The Senate voted today to delete the "Cadillac Tax" from Pinkycare but Pres. Pinky says he will veto it. Problem of attaching amendments to bills is that nothing ever gets done.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/262005-senate-votes-to-repeal-obamacare-cad...

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 7:04 PM
  • semo, is that the one where Boxer, Fineslime and Shummer added the gun control amendment?

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 7:30 PM
  • "...a single payer..."

...is the best thing that could happen to the country.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 7:44 PM
  • Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 7:30 PM

OJ: Here's the write up:

http://qz.com/565647/the-us-senate-just-voted-to-block-gun-control-defund-planne...

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 8:28 PM
  • semo, It seems to be nothing but a show of intent. The dems in a short press meeting admitted it was a lame exercise but used it to pronounce their commitment to keep up with their push for federal control of all things guns.

It echoes the commitment of conservatives to keep pressing for the repeal of Obamacare.

Nothing new here, just elected officials representing themselves instead of the people that elected them. It's time for another grass roots Tea Party style movement to clean out career politicians in D.C..

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 4, 2015, at 8:54 PM
  • It's time to make America great again.

-- Posted by Schaefer's World on Sun, Dec 6, 2015, at 8:45 PM

Respond to this thread