Speak Out: Regulations Under obama Cost Households $14,768 Yearly.

Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 5:11 PM:

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/obama-regulations-household-costs/2013/05/20/id...

$14,768 plus federal and state income tax, medicare tax, SS tax, sales tax, excise tax, property tax, government licensing fees, the list goes on, not to mention business and corporate taxes figured into the cost of all goods and services. Can't wait for all the new ACA taxes to kick in, as we're not paying government enough as it is. (See $17 trillion national debt). Government truly owns your paycheck and spends it wisely.

Replies (14)

• Is this $14,768 all from Obama as your headline would suggest?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 6:03 PM
  • Is this $14,768 all from Obama as your headline would suggest?

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 6:03 PM

That should read as" THE headline would suggest. "

Pretty vague article but Obama ain't helping the middle class a bit as promised. Govt is govt no matter who thinks their in charge.

-- Posted by bothedog on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 6:10 PM
  • No, it's not all from obama administration, but has increased exponentially under his administration.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 7:30 PM
  • "increased exponentially under his administration"

How so? Have federal income taxes increased on the average household? No.

SS taxes were actually lowered for two years during this administration.

"sales tax, excise tax, property tax, government licensing " These taxes are not federal taxes, thus the federal government, especially the president have no impact on them.

Sales taxes are normally voted on by the peoples. Property taxes are enacted by those the people voted into local offices.

Sorry to confuse you with the facts.

-- Posted by survivalist on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 7:40 PM
  • Read the article electric. Has nothing to do with taxes. The article is about the cost of government regulations and red tape. Sorry your political bias confused you with the facts.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Mon, May 20, 2013, at 9:15 PM
  • A perfect example is a story out today on "Obamaphones". Yes, everyone knows that this program was not started under Obama. But it has more than doubled under him. And everyone pays $2.73/month on their phone bill to pay for this doubling of free Obamaphones.

The consequences of his liberal spending and entitlement giveaways costs the rest of us money out of our pockets. Making excuses for technical details about how taxes are collected doesn't diminish this simple fact: Regulations Under obama Cost Households $14,768 Yearly

-- Posted by not_sorry on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 2:07 AM
  • Hell Freedom, I hardly make $14,000 yearly, thanks for taking my part of the loss.

You people are so intelligent, surely will become president someday with all your intelligence.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 6:12 AM
  • Hell Freedom, I hardly make $14,000 yearly, thanks for taking my part of the loss.

You people are so intelligent, surely will become president someday with all your intelligence.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 6:12 AM

No wonder you are so PO'd all the time,dexter. I made $14k in '67 when minimum wage was around a buck. 3 jobs and FT student. And I was a liberal then,too!

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 9:54 AM
  • bo: you might want to refigure your calculations.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 10:09 AM
  • Why re figure,right here on my SS earnings statement. I guess if one doesn't work or pay SS that could be vague. Never received one?

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 10:14 AM
  • The report comes from the Competitive Enterprise Institute, which has been gathering data on the costs of regulations for some twenty years.

The headline is accurate but, no, Mr. Obama is not responsble for the sum total of that $14,768, as that is the estimated cost per family for all regulations.

http://www.nhinsider.com/press-releases/2013/5/20/cei-wsj-on-cei-report-regulati...

The last decade (which would be about 60% under President Bush and 40% under Mr. Obama, has seen an increase of 21% in the burden of regulation.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 10:27 AM
  • I think most of understand and support the idea of meaningful regulation and rules, but how many or what's the cost of stupid crap that has no purpose other than to create bureaucracy and give power to bureaucrats?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 10:37 AM
  • bo: When you mentioned minimum wage was a dollar an hour, I was under the impression that's what you were working for. Seeing as there are 8,760 hours in a year, I found your total wages astounding. That's what I get for aSSuming.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 10:38 AM
  • Howdy,got to thinking about my post and what it implied. Glad you caught it,too. I had 2 $1.60/hr PT jobs. Furniture delivery and burger flipper. I was fornunate enough to get an apprentice machinist job at 16 that led to $6/hr full time. Got a lot of OT in the summer. I was cash rich and time poor.

-- Posted by bothedog on Tue, May 21, 2013, at 11:19 AM

Respond to this thread