Speak Out: Obama gets another star.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 28, 2013, at 9:02 PM:

He will be the first to spend $4Trillion in a year. Wow! How cool! Glad I wont be paying it.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/omb-obama-will-become-first-president-spend-4t-o...

Replies (22)

• Also on the link: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/tsa-sealed-50-million-sequester-eve-deal-buy...

TSA spends $1,000 per employee for uniforms consisting of 2 pants, 6 shirts, some made in Mexico. After that they are required to buy their own.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Apr 28, 2013, at 11:24 PM
  • Must be good shirts and pants.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Apr 28, 2013, at 11:42 PM
  • "I fail to see why the National Guard can't run the Control Towers..."

Because the nation has thousands of airports and the Air National Guard has very few controllers.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 8:49 AM
  • "Because the nation has thousands of airports and the Air National Guard has very few controllers."

But all of the towers haven't been closed by the sequester...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 9:27 AM
  • "I fail to see why the National Guard can't run the Control Towers..."

Because the nation has thousands of airports and the Air National Guard has very few controllers.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 8:49 AM

How many airports did we have when Reagan was President?

I guess government is so dumbed down now things that were possible 30 to 35 years ago are no longer doable.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 9:37 AM
  • About that latest poll; more would have voted but Bush wasn't a choice. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 10:07 AM
  • Obama is going to get the blame for everything that's in a poll in this paper regardless of what the alternative answers are.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 10:29 AM
  • -- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 10:29 AM

Howdy,

Obama asked for Sequestration, Congress passed it at his request and he signed it..... why should he not get the 'Proper Credit' for it's consequences. Consequences which in many cases have been engineered to be punitive for American citizens.

What would you have us do, sing praises for his actions run amuck?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 11:02 AM
  • First of all Wheels, I don't care to hear you sing. Second, a repub congress passed it and Obama couldn't have signed it if they had not passed it. Thirdly, they are both to blame and need to start talking to each other instead of about each other.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 12:39 PM
  • First of all Wheels, I don't care to hear you sing. Second, a repub congress passed it and Obama couldn't have signed it if they had not passed it. Thirdly, they are both to blame and need to start talking to each other instead of about each other.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 12:39 PM

Howdy,

I had no plan to sing Obama's praises no matter how hard you begged.

A Republican Congress passed it..... as requested in a bi-partisan show of support and you complain again. And all of this time you have been *issing and moaning about them being obstructionists. I am confused.

Then there is the Democratic Senate... where is there share of the blame for forcing Obama to sign the bill he requested?

I know Howdy, it's hard to maintain your good humor when things are not going well for your hero. :-) I do believe though this is the first time I have ever heard anyone blame the Republicans for a President signing a bill. All he had to do was veto it. (If he had the gonads to make a decision)

Them wascally wepublicans have got to go in 2014.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 12:50 PM
  • The sequester was the right thing to do. The wrong thing is Obama using it to demand more spending.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 1:07 PM
  • -- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 12:39 PM

Good answer. As soon as Obama realizes he has to get off his throne and negotiate it will happen.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 4:32 PM
  • "Scientists in Uruguay announced Wednesday the birth of the first genetically-modified phosphorescent sheep."

Those would come in handy for those needing to count sheep but unable to sleep without a nightlight...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 4:37 PM
  • Interesting story out today for all the big democrat supporters of pension / union / etc. bailouts and the federal reserve policy of printing paper money to "monetize" our debt. I had no idea:

"Despite what you may have heard, China isn't the country's biggest creditor. America is.

The bulk of the national debt -- soon to exceed a staggering $17 trillion -- is held by the Federal Reserve, Social Security system, various pension plans for civil service workers and military personnel, U.S. banks, mutual funds, private pension plans, insurance companies and individual domestic investors.

China is responsible for just a shade over 7 percent of that total debt. And while it remains the single largest foreign lender (just ahead of Japan), China's been slowly trimming its holdings, down from nearly 10 percent a few years ago."

-- Posted by Dug on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 4:38 PM
  • "Uruguayan scientists used a gene from a jellyfish which is responsible for production of a green fluorescent protein."

This just screams for a punch line...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 4:52 PM
  • What about this clown Mo State Senator who cut revenue from the DOR because he wasn't satisfied with the answers he got. Who is he inconveniencing by this maneuver? Oh wait, he is a republican so Wheels you can go ahead and heap praise on him.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 6:27 PM
  • Oh wait, he is a republican so Wheels you can go ahead and heap praise on him.

Maybe you should look it up. It was over OUR information being freely given out to the feds.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/04/missouri-senate-votes-to-cut-revenu...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 6:59 PM
  • Regret: I don't have to look it up, I know what it was about. I didn't approve of giving out info. I also don't think a grown man should react in the manner Schaefer did. Going around the state with a dog and pony show is wasteful spending.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 7:28 PM
  • Oh wait, he is a republican so Wheels you can go ahead and heap praise on him.

Doody,

Would you like to quote from a post where I have been heaping praises on any politicians. First I don't know which Senator you are speaking of, but if you can find a Single Senator of either party to cut off funding to any department I would like to know his name. I might like to make some suggestions where he could cut some more funding. DOR and the Gov do need their wings clipped but I doubt one Senator is going to accomplish it alone.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 8:49 PM
  • Howdy

And Obama flying around the country promoting bills is being financially responsible.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 11:14 PM
  • Most of this spending was set up with a democrat house, senate and president in 2009 and 2010.

With republicans finally getting control of one chamber it's been debt limit raises to prevent default and sequestration. The democrat senate didn't even produce a budget for what - 4 years?

Yes, the GOP house has authorized debt ceiling increases and sequestration. Obamacare, $1Trillion giveaways, auto union bailouts and billions in lost "green" money to buddies are all democrat initiated, controlled and approved follies.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Apr 30, 2013, at 8:39 AM
  • "He can only spend 4 trillion if the GOP house authorizes him to do so."

Not entirely true. Sans budget, which the GOP house cannot make law without the consent of the Democratic Senate, we tend to limp along on 'continuing resolutions' and allow 'mandatory spending' to continue unchecked. Because of these, spending cuts (which Commonsensematters tells us everyone in Washington agrees needs to happen, though they never seem to do so) cannot be passed into law.

Yes, the Republican-controlled house can refuse to go along with the 'continuting resolutions' and shut the government down until a real budget deal can be reached ,which they ought to do, but they don't want to risk the PR associated therewith. But, alas! The Republicans are no more uniform in their position on spending than the Democrats are on gun control and other issues.

But, I concur that Mr. Obama is not to blame for the spending. The budget increased markedly when the Democrats held both houses of Congress, and has not been curtailed since, but that is not the President's fault, though he most certainly has made no effort to curtail it.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Apr 30, 2013, at 9:23 AM

Respond to this thread