Speak Out: Harry Reid blames the sequester for the deaths of seven Marines

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 6:47 PM:

It was a lie according to Army officials. But the liberals will ever let a good tragedy go to waste.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV33T--c2Ds&feature=player_embedded

Now also we have MSNBC backing it up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkA4vAzu-Ec&feature=player_embedded#!

Replies (30)

• I'm reminded of Jackie Gleason's line in Smokey and the Bandit, something like No way that boy came from my loins. How could the people of Nevada have re-elected such an unrepresentitive?

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 7:13 PM
  • Im sick of the constant campaigning.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 8:22 PM
  • I answer my own question: they didn't.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Mar 19, 2013, at 9:03 PM
  • Regret that is exactly what it is more campaigning and it was the President idea about sequester in the first place he is the one that recommended it back in August of 2011. Harry knows that.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 7:02 AM
  • The President is the commander in chief of the military no questions ask, he can move the military around any where in the world at any time with out the consent of the Senate or the House and he can provide the funds to the military regarding training exercises and other essential military operations, for Harry Reid to blame this incident on sequester I have to say he was wrong on that. Senator Tom Coburn of Oklahoma said that as well.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 8:04 AM
  • "America has to stand up," she said. "I can't fight the NRA. The NRA spends unlimited sums, backed by the gun manufacturers, who are craven in my view. And I don't know what else to do other than the best we can in drafting a bill in asking for support and in enabling something to pass in the Senate."

The above statement by Senator Feinstein leaves out another supporter of the NRA..... a lot of American citizens. Even a good number who do not belong to the NRA support their fight against the anti-gunners.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 10:52 AM
  • "Where was her fright in 2010 , 2011 , etc..what a freakin hypocrit."

Sen. Feinstein always has a gun bill on standby, waiting for the next sensational killing to spur it onto the floor.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 11:26 AM
  • "...would be allowed to keep them."

This, of course, is the wrong way of thinking, and is a big part of the problem. The idea that we would be 'allowed' to keep them by the government indicates that the authors of that statement believe it is in the authority of the government to 'allow' or 'disallow' the exercise of that right.

"...have the right to keep them" is the proper way of looking at it, but the author of that statement does not want to acknowledge such a right.

"...would be allowed to keep them, for now" is probably what they really wanted to say, but prudence keeps them from expressing it in that manner.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 11:38 AM
  • The residents in the community that started the push for gun control seem to have a different idea regarding what the reaction to the crime should be:

http://www.newstimes.com/news/crime/article/Newtown-sees-jump-in-gun-permit-appl...

"NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) -- Applications for gun permits have jumped in Newtown since the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, which sparked a renewed debate about stricter gun control laws and a surge in gun sales around the country due to worries about new limits.

"Newtown in recent years has issued about 130 gun permits annually. Police say the town received 79 permit applications in the three months since the Dec. 14 massacre, well over double the normal pace.

"A good percentage of people are making it clear they think their rights are going to be taken away," said Robert Berkins, records manager for Newtown police.

"The increase in applications in Newtown came as firearms sales surged around the country driven by Washington's new focus on gun control."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 11:43 AM
  • NY has done a good job of enforcing their existing laws. If the existing law were enforced the bad guys would be off the streets for good.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 12:34 PM
  • Rick

Look at immigration. It is not enforced for political purposes. The leader does not know how to lead so he does what he does best which is campaign. You can see this by looking at the lock down on legislation that is occurring. If he was a leader he would stay in Washington and work with the legislators instead of complaining to the citizens.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 1:10 PM
  • Harry Reid is a prime example of the need for term limits.

-- Posted by dab1969 on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 7:19 PM
  • We have term limits. It's called the ballot box. Too bad the American electorate can't figure out how to use it.

-- Posted by FreedomFadingFast on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 9:18 PM
  • The American electorate I'm beginning to wonder about them.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Wed, Mar 20, 2013, at 9:59 PM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 9:48 PM
  • "Speaking of immigration" Obama administration claims to have deported record numbers of illegals.

Of course they now count those turned away at the border deportees.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 10:19 PM
  • -- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Mar 24, 2013, at 12:09 PM
  • Now Debbie says the cafeteria is too high since they are having spending cuts. Funny thing. My guys and myself usually had our lunch out of playmate coolers. By looking they seem to have reasonable prices but in Wassermann's world they need cheaper food than us since they are too stupid or lazy to bring a bag from home.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/21/wasserman-schultz-my-aides-ca...

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 27, 2013, at 8:10 PM
  • Wasserman Schultz needs to take a trip back to her home state and venture out into the Redneck Riviera if she thinks those prices are out of reach. Along the Gulf Coast from Alabama to Florida a decent restaurant is going to be hitting you about $18 to $24 for dinner, not including an appetizer, drinks or desserts, and not gourmet either. A good lunch special, not too large a portion goes for about $8 to $10. However at the Hangout on the beach, where the beautiful people hang out, a nice burger is $15.

Food and fuel are up, up, up everywhere and they aren't even figured into the inflation numbers.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 27, 2013, at 8:32 PM
  • The government wants the inflation. It makes the money they owe less valuable. The system has to break sooner or later. The liberals still think its Bush's fault.

Wanna check something out? I got some of these for around $20.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gold-and-silver-bugs-now-tout-bitcoin-2013-3

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Mar 27, 2013, at 9:16 PM
  • Regret, Not sure I understand what that's all about.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Mar 27, 2013, at 10:20 PM
  • "It's created by computers, which "mine" for it by cracking preset algorithms."

I'm not sure I understand how you create something of value out of nothing. But I would like to own one of those computers that do it.

I read something about this some time back but dismissed it as some pipe dream. ???????

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Mar 27, 2013, at 11:52 PM
  • OJ and Wheels

It's like having a PayPal account.

It's crazy. People are looking at anything that is not tied to Washington or any other government. What is America's dollar based on? Good faith? I don't have that much faith in Washington right now. Look at Cyprus, we aren't that far away from having a run. Speculation is that Bitcoins will be up to $1000.

I don't have enough in it to hurt at all if it crashes. If it hits the $1000 mark I will buy a new truck without her permission.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100597242

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 9:05 AM
  • -- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 9:16 AM
  • Regrets,

I get a feeling for what they are doing. You are turning in fiat national money for fiat cyber money? And what if Satoshi Nakamoto decides to leave with your fiat national money leaving you with nothing but air to back your fiat cyber currency? Do you end up without even today's phoney money backing phoney cyber credits?

And is the inflation in the value of these cyber credits perhaps a reflection on the deflation in value of the combined world fiat money's real purchasing power?

I am certainly no economist, but I think you have to have blind trust in this plan/scheme to see it working.

??????

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 11:21 AM
  • Sounds like virtural tulip bulbs, but on the other hand our paper money in the bank does too.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 11:38 AM
  • Old John

I once visited Yugoslavia when their inflation rate was 1000% per annum. We were instructed to only change our money into the native currency in amounts required for that day. I asked a guide what the people living there did to deal with that kind of situation. She told me that when you were paid, you immediately went and turned the money into hard goods that you could use.

If the future is uncertain or inflation is a major concern, I still like to have hard goods that I can touch and feel, instead of fiat currency in amounts greater than necessary for current needs. That could be anything from an acre of land to a bag of groceries. With current prices rising the way they are and interest on a CD being what it is, we are loosing ground on money in the bank.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 12:36 PM
  • OJ

At least you could hold the tulip bulbs in your hand.

Wheels

I have only a few of them to play with. No way would I seriously play that market. I thought all day about cashing in at $89 but I wanna see what it will do. If it does hit $200 I think I would have to let it go.

What is going on with bitcoins is what scares me. People are running wild trying to find a safe haven. A large part of the ammo that was sold was for investment proposes. A friend said when it happens ammo, whiskey, and tobacco will be good items to barter with.

Having a pile of scrap metal is better than greenbacks with the current administration calling the shots. The liberal don't realize how close we are to being Greece. They have been convinced the rich have the money to pay for this and there is no spending problem. So they go ahead watch American Idol and forget about it, thinking it wont be their problem.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 5:23 PM
  • Regrets,

As long as you don't have much invested, you cannot loose much, but I don't see the Bankers allowing this to continue if it becomes a threat to their control of the people and money supply. I would think the Bankers would demand that the politicians would shut this down.

You mentioned Paypal. They are dealing with the approved fiat currency of the country. I use them when I can because I see it safer than using a credit card for online purchases. Paypal gives you recourse should the seller not come across and since I do not keep a lot of money in the account I am limiting my loss to the account balance in case of fraud, instead of a credit card limit.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 5:44 PM
  • Wheels

The guy that originally told me about it was a banker. He said once they become a threat to the world banking system something will happen. He said to get my original investment back and let the rest ride for awhile.

I was at the Dollar Store and saw they now take PayPal. It was the best thing to happen to the internet for money transactions. I remember when Ebay had their own payment system but most of the sellers took PayPal so they bought them. BTW they operate as a Luxembourg-based bank.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Thu, Mar 28, 2013, at 9:32 PM

Respond to this thread