Speak Out: World Wide Peace

Posted by looneyleona on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 5:39 AM:

On December 31'st as you're at your New Years Celebrations or Church or just sitting at home why not take some time out to say a Prayer for World Wide Peace. It doesn't and shouldn't matter what Race or Religion you are. Just do it...please. For the sake of Mankind. Unless you like the way things are?

Replies (11)

• Perhaps sometimes the answers are "No" but that doesn't mean a Group effort isn't listened to.

-- Posted by looneyleona on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 8:17 AM
  • looney, if we wanted a sermon we'd at church

-- Posted by wing man on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 8:40 AM
  • I pray for peace everyday. While a noble effort to coordinate a collective plea for peace on Dec. 31, I like to believe that God affords as much importance on the prayer of the individual, as He does towards a large group of humans. My religious practices are most likely off kilter though.

The best place to start working towards the goal of peace is to stop supporting those politicians who pass legislation that continues this country's aggressive foreign policy. It also helps the cause to speak out against violence perpetrated by the state at every opportunity. I am always surprised at how many individuals share the same opinion.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 9:09 AM
  • The politicians do a pretty good job of destroying wealth without wars.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 10:48 AM
  • I think history has prooved mankind is not capable of worldwide peace without Divine intervention.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 1:40 PM
  • Just because Congress did not fulfill their oath to uphold and protect the Constitution by failing to officially declare any wars since WWII does not mean that it is not war by any other meaning of the word.

For all you peace loving Democrats - choke on this...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601070&sid=aI4IdHYuAl94

-- Posted by Lumpy on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 6:57 PM
  • Lumpy, I do not understand. What are you telling us. Sorry, I was educated at a government school.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 7:21 PM
  • "All we are asking is just give peace a chance a chance." Well, you saw how well that worked out.

-- Posted by voyager on Sun, Nov 22, 2009, at 11:51 PM
  • James, the "suitable" reason for being in Afghanistan was 9-11. As for being in Iraq...just a mans idea of thinking he could take out the Middle East Regions. Both, I might add were done with a Republican Pres. in Office and not a Democrat. Jr. was just following in his daddys footsteps.

It's amazing how Republicans blame every thing wrong with this Country on Democrats and visa versa.

Everything is NOT Politics. This is NOT just about Wars. This is NOT a sermon. I'm just a fellow human being who is fed up with the way things are in this World. Things are only getting worse and it's mostly due to Greed and Apathy. And I see Apathy is alive and well in most of you. Stop using the old excuse that man is incapable of Peace. All I am asking for is for just a moment of your time on one night to ask whatever Higher Power you believe in to give us Peace in the World. Nothing changes in the World with apathy.

-- Posted by looneyleona on Mon, Nov 23, 2009, at 4:03 AM
  • We live in a Christian Nation...we don't believe in peace.

-- Posted by SteveM on Mon, Nov 23, 2009, at 8:52 AM
  • Defy,

Don't forget that the CIA wanted to increase their profit margins in the heroin business by artificially increasing the price through the destruction of those farmer's fields who wouldn't play ball.

But seriously, the reason for being in Afghanistan is that the Taliban allowed Al-Qaida to run terrorism training camps on their soil. The reason for Iraq was Saddam's continuing defiance of the many UN sactions and resolutions against him and his country that had been in place since the first gulf war for not disclosing what he had done with or where he had disposed of the WMDs known to have been in his possession then. Additionally, there was underlying encouragement of terrorism on his part for providing the equivalent of $30000 to the families of sucide bombers, all while he was skimming money off the Oil for Food program. By the way, WMD are not just nuclear, ricin and mustard gas are given this classfication as well, and the US military found substancial quantities of these.

As for world peace, war is the most efficient populaton control tool available and we are quickly running out of resources. Until such time as the average human being can learn to cease procreating overabundately, I will continue to pray for their reduction.

-- Posted by non-biasedphilosopher on Tue, Nov 24, 2009, at 12:15 PM

Respond to this thread