[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 57°F  
River stage: 23.43 ft. Falling
Thursday, Oct. 23, 2014
Post reply Read replies (8) More threads Create thread

Pope Benedict Resignation: Global Reaction
Posted by BCStoned on Mon, Feb 11, 2013, at 2:50 PM:

An Hispanic may invade Rome, as Pope. Perhaps an African.

Since Latin America is home to so many Catholics, it is likely to be the source for a new Pope.

I would throw my hat into the ring, but I can't speak 8 or more languages, and besides, I'm no longer a Catholic. Except for the languages, I was qualified until I was 12.

It's Bollinger County for me, and not Rome. Visions of grandeur, does this disqualify me from owning a cap-pistol?

Replies

I suspect he may be suffering early symptoms of Alzheimer's or some other mental affliction which he believes may well prevent him from being able to fulfil the duties of office.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:24 AM

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:24 AM

I was thinking the same thing - Alzheimer's maybe.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:25 AM

My prayers are with him, and with the Cardinals, that they may choose a wise and capable successor to fill the shoes of the Fisherman.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Tue, Feb 12, 2013, at 8:25 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.