[SeMissourian.com] Fog/Mist ~ 33°F  
River stage: 14.72 ft. Falling
Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014
Post reply Read replies (9) More threads Create thread

Results from tonights Scott County Republican Straw Poll
Posted by mobushwhacker on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 1:58 AM:

Scott County Missouri Republicans met tonight in Sikeston for a candidates forum and a straw poll with candidates who are seeking former U.S. Representative Jo An Emerson's seat for Missouri's 8th Congressional District. The results are as follows:

Bob Parker -- 19

Jason Crowell -- 7

Jason Smith -- 4

Lloyd Smith -- 1

J. Terrell -- 0.

You can read the rest of the story about the candidate forum by clicking link below:

http://mhconstitution.com/2013/02/05/res...

Replies

Who cares?

-- Posted by Tribune on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 4:48 AM

Maybe Bob Parker will get his shot now.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 8:07 AM

Mowrangler, As far as grass roots local support, Bob stands out as a good choice in my opinion, but the ruling powers have more influence than the local grass roots people.

I predict an ugly campaign if the Dems feel threatened in what they consider their rightful turn.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 7:31 PM

SRG, So you think the local GOP is the establishment?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 10:56 AM

SRG, Did you read Mobushwacker's link or check out any of the articles in the paper?

Sounds to me there is a good mix of genuine grass roots independent from the top, and endorsement of establishment same o same o.

Seems to me the best alternative to all out beligerance is change from the local/bottem up and whether it is 31 or several thousand, it's a good start.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.