Results from tonights Scott County Republican Straw Poll

Posted by mobushwhacker on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 1:58 AM:

Scott County Missouri Republicans met tonight in Sikeston for a candidates forum and a straw poll with candidates who are seeking former U.S. Representative Jo An Emerson's seat for Missouri's 8th Congressional District. The results are as follows:

Bob Parker -- 19

Jason Crowell -- 7

Jason Smith -- 4

Lloyd Smith -- 1

J. Terrell -- 0.

You can read the rest of the story about the candidate forum by clicking link below:

http://mhconstitution.com/2013/02/05/res...

Replies

• Who cares?

-- Posted by good.for.the.gander.good.for.the.goose on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 4:48 AM
  • Maybe Bob Parker will get his shot now.

-- Posted by Mowrangler on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 8:07 AM
  • Mowrangler, As far as grass roots local support, Bob stands out as a good choice in my opinion, but the ruling powers have more influence than the local grass roots people.

I predict an ugly campaign if the Dems feel threatened in what they consider their rightful turn.

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Feb 5, 2013, at 7:31 PM
  • SRG, So you think the local GOP is the establishment?

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 10:56 AM
  • SRG, Did you read Mobushwacker's link or check out any of the articles in the paper?

Sounds to me there is a good mix of genuine grass roots independent from the top, and endorsement of establishment same o same o.

Seems to me the best alternative to all out beligerance is change from the local/bottem up and whether it is 31 or several thousand, it's a good start.

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Feb 6, 2013, at 9:17 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: