[SeMissourian.com] Fog/Mist ~ 33°F  
River stage: 14.73 ft. Falling
Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014
Post reply Read replies (20) More threads Create thread

Harvard Study Confirms Fluoride Reduces Children's IQ
Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 2:39 PM:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles...

"Fluoride readily crosses the placenta (Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry 2003). Fluoride exposure to the developing brain, which is much more susceptible to injury caused by toxicants than is the mature brain, may possibly lead to permanent damage (Grandjean and Landrigan 2006). In response to the recommendation of the NRC (2006), the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the U.S. EPA recently announced that DHHS is proposing to change the recommended level of fluoride in drinking water to 0.7 mg/L from the currently recommended range of 0.7--1.2 mg/L, and the U.S. EPA is reviewing the maximum amount of fluoride allowed in drinking water, which currently is set at 4.0 mg/L (U.S. EPA 2011)."

Turns out General Jack D. Ripper was not crazy, he was prescient:

"Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face."

"Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream."

"You know when fluoridation first began? .... Nineteen hundred and forty-six. 1946, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

"Yes, a uh, a profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I... I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence."

What, then, will be our understanding of Dr. Ripper's comments when scientists link the increase in Erectile Disfunction with Fluoridated water?

Replies

I only drink rain water, and only that which I collect myself...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:11 PM

Wheels must have been hooked up to an IV.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 4:56 PM

Ah! The obligatory ad hominem attack. By one of the open-minded and tolerant left, no doubt!

Curiously launched against someone who hasn't even posted on this thread. Talk about carrying a grudge!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 5:14 PM

Boy, you are dumb as a box of rocks.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 6:21 PM

-- Posted by howdydoody on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 6:21 PM

Howdy - you're back!

How are your so-called "sons"? Remember - when you were caught lying on these threads - red handed?

One time you said you didn't have sons, then later posted about your sons.

Which is it? Which lie will you spin today to try and make us believe? I don't need to make up something to get personal. All I need to do is remind you of your own lies.

You have no credibility here mister howdy-union.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 10:13 PM

What better way to avoid the high cost of disposing of a toxic by-product of a manufacturing process than to change the name of the chemical slightly and get cities and governments to pay you for it so they can put it in the drinking water under the guise of dental health?

EOS and Info Warrior explained all this a couple of years ago with several references.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:10 PM

Wheels, Howdy's intellect is about a complicated as a North Dakota weather report! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Feb 1, 2013, at 11:45 PM

While their may be legitimate reasons to to question the effects of fluoride on our health the conspiracy theories on this subject are endless. I have an old friend in Texas who is a conspiracy fanatic. He claims that fluoride coating on your teeth is detectable by satellite so the government has it put in toothpaste so they can track us!

-- Posted by Data48 on Sat, Feb 2, 2013, at 2:51 PM

If the link between ED and Fluoride is detected, will they rename ED 'Essence Deficiency' in Gen. Ripper's honour?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Sun, Feb 3, 2013, at 11:08 AM

Seems like this would be a good time to talk about "socialized risk."

Behavior has consequences, and risky behavior has costly consequences. When others can convincingly argue (whether it's really true or not) that they are bearing the costs for the behavior of others, this is socialized risk. "Hey," they say, "You are a bad/careless/drunken driver with no insurance, and now I am paying the cost for your behavior, at the local emergency ward. Time for me to get government [with its arsenal] to force you to get insurance."

So, if the argument can be made that drinking inadequately fluoridated water in childhood causes cavities (and I'm not at all convinced that it does), and the cost of those cavities is somehow spread out over the population at large, then it opens the door for government to step in and take some control away from the individual. Sorry, there is no way to wave away the specter of another medicine coming along that the control freaks in public health and government decide everyone can't do without. Let's see...diabetes is getting pretty common...?Metformin, maybe?

Sigh. This seems so obvious.

Why not avoid socializing the risk, and have people take some personal responsibility, talk to their dentist, have their kids and themselves take fluoride if they want, but don't force this "medicine" on everyone? Simple. More personal responsibility + less intrusive government = more freedom. Plus, it's cheaper.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Sun, Feb 3, 2013, at 7:51 PM

Dissident,

Precisely.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Mon, Feb 4, 2013, at 7:05 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.