[SeMissourian.com] Fog/Mist ~ 71°F  
River stage: 28.48 ft. Rising
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Post reply Read replies (21) More threads Create thread

Vote for Obama and you get to be the one fired.
Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 3:26 PM:

Seems fair to me.

A Forensics company fired two workers to cover the cost for Obamacare. The thing that the liberals hate was that it was two of their own. The owner commented "They wanted the idiot in the Whitehouse, they reap the benefits."

Don't you just love America?

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/01/1...

Replies

The owner of that company should probably find a good lawyer. He will more than likely be facing a couple of lawsuits in his future for termination due to discrimination.

-- Posted by riregrist on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 3:53 PM

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2013/01/18/1...

-- Posted by riregrist on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 4:06 PM

I've had a few removed also. Its the liberal way.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 6:15 PM

The newspaper said federal and Utah law does not prohibit private sector employers from firing someone on the basis of political affiliation.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 6:18 PM

Wheels, Are you saying I missed a golden opportunity to better myself by not knowing about this 15 years ago?

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Jan 20, 2013, at 11:36 PM

Well folks, there's always impeachment left as a viable option.

-- Posted by voyager on Mon, Jan 21, 2013, at 9:46 AM

There is no provision for discrimination for being stupid and ignorant. Or perhaps there is. Think about it.

-- Posted by jadip4me on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 8:51 AM

-- Posted by Dissident. on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 8:58 AM

So Democrats are the ones that should be disarmed? Good point.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 9:37 AM

That employer is a real patriot isn't he? I have a lot of friends who have different political leanings than I do, but we don't let that come between us.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 12:00 PM

I have a lot of friends who have different political leanings than I do, but we don't let that come between us.-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 12:00 PM

And we would know that to be true - why?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 1:09 PM

So Mr. Dug, if you have an acquaintance that believes differently than you, then you can no longer be there friend?

And we would know that to be true - why?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 1:09 PM

Or was this a poor attempt at a "slam"?

-- Posted by Reasoning on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 3:53 PM

That employer is a real patriot isn't he? I have a lot of friends who have different political leanings than I do, but we don't let that come between us.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 12:00 PM

How about if they cost you 50% of your paycheck? Every dollar you spend doing business comes out of your back pocket. This amount can easily cost a business owner that much or more.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Jan 23, 2013, at 9:13 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.