[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 61°F  
River stage: 22.05 ft. Falling
Saturday, Oct. 25, 2014
Post reply Read replies (3) More threads Create thread

Simple Truths About Psychiatry
Posted by BCStoned on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 10:32 AM:

Peter R. Breggin, MD has a three part series on psychiatry and the effects of drugs. This may help us understand why people commit horrendous acts of violence. http://lewrockwell.com/orig14/breggin1.1...

Breggin warns not to stop taking prescribed drugs without a doctors consultation. Withdrawal can have harmful side effects.

I knew there was a reason that I didn't take drugs when living in the midst of them in California.

Replies

I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state appointed shrink is our friend..

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 2:19 PM

Regret, Regarding violent acts perpetrated by individuals,the media and politicians want to put/keep the focus on video games and guns, not on drugs.

Even though it is known that both the movie theater and the Sandy Hook shooters were on drugs, it never is brought up during the news reports, however, you hear all kinds of attention being given to how guns and video games must be controlled.

Is this because of the hold/money that the pharmaceutical companies have over the media and government?

-- Posted by BCStoned on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 6:14 PM

Could be BC.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Jan 11, 2013, at 7:23 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.