Speak Out: Well heck... Lets just give them a raise.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 12:40 PM:

Replies (11)

• Drunken sailor.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 2:02 PM
  • Ha!

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 6:39 PM
  • This pay increase is 1/2 of one percent. I feel this was poor timing right now, as we all face this fiscal cliff in a matter of hours now. It is the principal of the thing just poor timing while all of the rest us in small business and the working middle class don't know what direction to turn in all because Washington cannot settle their differences Very poor timing to do this right now it is kind of like a slap in the face to all the people.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 6:47 AM
  • BC,

The Representatives have done a fantastic job representing their handlers. They have earned that raise IMHO.

-- Posted by Rick Vandeven on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 9:23 PM
  • When Reagan took his case to the people it resulted in the people making their views known to congress and congress responded.

With this bunch the president tells the people what their views are and congress has their own views.

I suspect we will get somekind of a short term continuance of what we got until the ground hog points the way.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 11:11 PM
  • "It is the result of experience that indirect taxation is borne cheerfully by the people to an extent that would appear to be intolerable in the form of direct taxes." Hamilton Gamble

I suspect we will have the opportunity to be in a cheerfully borne situation starting 2013 and continuing as the affordable care act shows itself.

-- Posted by Old John on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 12:25 AM
  • We could go over the cliff tonight and they give themselves a raise that goes to show you how they think about us. But the people just keep voting the same ones in time after time after time. In reality we really don't have any one to blame but ourselves "We The People".

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Dec 31, 2012, at 5:17 AM
  • The senate bill passed early this morning the pay raise to all Federal Employees including Congress has been stopped it was removed from the senate bill that went over to the House.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 9:13 AM
  • Wonder if this raise that the Senate rescinded overrides the Executive Order... or was it just some more meaningless verbage meant to calm the little people who pay the bills.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 12:27 PM
  • BC,

Not all the evangelicals on the right want a police state. I don't.

A central government big enough to force us all to be "good" Catholics/Baptists/Methodists/Presbyterians/Lutherans (you get the idea) is much too big a government for me.

"Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master." (George Washington, I believe)

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 1:16 PM
  • Oh, and another thing...we should just dispense with "right" and "left." We should just concentrate on "Big government + small liberty," vs. "small government + big liberty."

The Republican establishment loves the police state (sit down and do as you're told!), warfare, and corporate welfare...personal and economic liberty suffer.

The Democratic establishment loves the welfare state...economic liberty suffers. It seems they love warfare more than we ever imagined they would, in addition.

They work together all the time, and last night's vote was pathognomonic* of the Republican and Democrat cooperation.

*i.e., "Indicative of a disease."

Congress gets an automatic pay raise unless they take measures to rescind it, I think. That way no one gets caught voting up his own salary. Nice work if you can get it.

-- Posted by Givemeliberty on Tue, Jan 1, 2013, at 1:24 PM

Respond to this thread