[SeMissourian.com] A Few Clouds ~ 77°F  
River stage: 23.79 ft. Falling
Monday, July 28, 2014
Post reply Read replies (55) More threads Create thread

'The Left' spews hatred upon learning that Pres. George H. W. Bush is in hospital.
Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:06 AM:

http://www.examiner.com/article/liberals...

"After learning that former President George H. W. Bush had been hospitalized for over a week with a persistent cough, liberals on Twitter predictably responded with hate and wishes for death, Twitchy reported Thursday.

"YESSSSSS," exclaimed one person.

"So pleased that the former murderer US President George HW Bush hospitalized with bronchitis," added "Sven Radio."

"Things we give no (expletive deleted) about RT @CNN: Former President George H.W. Bush hospitalized - is being (cont) tl.gd/k65s58," said another.

"I hope he die (sic)," one person using the racist screen name "Die cRackEr" said.

"Most of the messages on Twitter wished the former president well, however, and liberals on many articles across the internet also managed to set their political differences aside to express a desire for a speedy recovery.

"Many comments at the Huffington Post were removed by staff for failing to meet comment guidelines, but some commenters at NBC could not contain their hate.

"What a horrible, wicked, awful man. I hope he gets the slow, painful death he deserves," one person wrote."

Just in case you thought hatred is the sole purveiw of 'the right'.

Replies

Shapley we live in a sick society I have never ever seen it like this before so much hate and anger by people. The culture we are living in is not the culture this nation was founded on we need to get back to the American traditional values this country was founded on. President Bush is a very honorable man and a true American who cared about his country. Our family is praying for a speedy recovery for Mr. Bush.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:22 AM

SH,

Why do you believe that it only the "left" who has no respect for this man?

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:27 AM

It's not a question of who may or may not have lost respect for the man. It is possible to not respect the man and yet not to spew hatred and wish him ill well. It is even possible to not respect him and yet wish him well.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:31 AM

"It's twitter. What do you expect?"

Common courtesy. The fact that they are twits does not mean they are exempt therefrom.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:43 AM

Rick V., Why would anyone respect this man?

-- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:16 AM

- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:16 AM

Do you wish him dead?

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:17 AM

GHWB must have cut off some welfare checks to be so hated.

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:17 AM

He fought in World War II, and was shot down over the Pacific.

He drove Saddam Hussein out of Kuwait, earning him the respect of the Kuwaitis, even if he lost it among many Americans.

He raised taxes on the wealthy, breaking his 'no new taxes' pledge, which should have endeared him to 'the Left'. Instead, they excoriated him, proving that compromising with the Left is never in a Republican's best interests.

The Democrats, after pressing Mr. Bush into that promise-breaking deal, which cost him a lot of respect among the left, cost many Americans their jobs, and probably cost the Republicans the election, quietly repealed the tax under Mr. Clinton's signature. They don't talk about 'Luxury Taxes' anymore.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:24 AM

Dug, I wish none of the "Rockefeller" minions death. I just wish they had served the "Rockefeller" in another country.

GH Bush, as a Rockefeller minion, was of the left. Why would the left hate him?

-- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:42 AM

"Why would the left hate him?"

Because he was a Republican, he was the vice-president under Ronaldus Maximus, and he waged war on Iraq...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:50 AM

I don't think the left or liberals hate Republicans. I think Republicans fit in well with their ideology. Sam's grandson and Prescott's son is a left liberal. He could be nothing else, it's a family tradition.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:59 AM

SH:

I lean left and am liberal on social issues. I do not wish GHWB ill will. I wish him a full and complete recovery. But you headline "The Left" leaves the impression that everyone on the left spews hatred toward this man. Not true.

-- Posted by howdydoody on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 11:01 AM

"But you headline "The Left" leaves the impression that everyone on the left spews hatred toward this man. Not true."

You are free to write your headlines however you see fit. I merely reposted the article's headline, substituting 'the left' for the word 'liberals'.

The article clearly notes that most of the messages wished the former president well. I included that part in my pasted quotes from the article.

Headlines are, of necessity, abreviated summaries of the article that follows. If they attempted to satisfy every possible objection, they would read much like those legal disclaimers at the bottom of pharmaceutical ads...

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 11:04 AM

It is akin to Commonsensematters posts on 'conservatives', as if all conservatives share the commonality that commonsensematters states they do.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 11:05 AM

It is 'the Left' that is always telling us that Mr. Obama is deserving of our respect simply by virtue of having been elected president. I have even been chided for referring to him as 'Mr. Obama' rather than 'President Obama', as being indicative of a lack of respect.

But I've never wished Mr. Obama ill health or death. Yet, I'm chided for lack of respect while these comments are simply passed off as being 'from Twitter'.

Doesn't Mr. Obama have a Twitter account?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 11:32 AM

"...if all conservatives share the commonality..."

I am very well aware that all conservatives are not the same. Normally my references are to those who make claims or comments here.

I know that there are liberal conservatives, sensible conservatives, normal conservatives, conservative conservatives, over-the-top conservatives, wild-eyed conservatives, wacko conservatives and even some bad conservatives.

In any case I agree with the comment, "it's on twitter, what do you expect?"

I feel the President Bush was a good president and did the rights things in Iraq. I wish him a strong and speedy recovery.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 12:19 PM

I don't wish for his death. I do believe that the world would be a better place if certain people were never born though.

-- Posted by Simon Jester on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 12:36 PM

.Rick Lately, You are right, they are not Royalty.

My sister, who was a member of the DAR, was upset that the Kennedys were considered America's first family. She thought it should be the Bushes.

I thought it was insulting to Americans that either should be considered "First Family".

In a land of puppets and ventriloquists, maybe.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 12:42 PM

-- Posted by Spaniard on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 12:40 PM

I think that statement is akin to getting upset at a characterization and screaming (in caps) - "LYING LIAR".

The horror. The clutching of pearls! Whatever will you do to right such injustices in these anonymous internet social sites and discussion forums? I think you even demanded an apology?

Spaniard. Enter the victim??? Say it isn't so!

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 12:44 PM

Has Dug apologized for lying about me yet? -- Posted by Spaniard on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 9:24 AM

Justice demands that Spaniard be honored by a mass speakout forum condemnation of an anonymous poster on the SE Missourian threads. But wait, it gets much worse!

I call that LYING. Lying liar. -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:19 AM

You made that up. I call that a lie. -- Posted by Spaniard on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 11:36 AM

If you're going to spoof someone's point about the left spewing hate and then LIE about their post and call them the victim you need to think about your own posts. Your responses here are more personal than anything. You get upset when you think (wrongly) that someone is lying about you. Yet you chide others for bringing up statements about them.

Which is it Spaniard? The usual "sitting on the fence" for you?

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 1:13 PM

I must have missed where the twitters were solely from the 'left'. Honestly, I didn't see where any of them were from liberals. This only points out there are people out there who do not care about others. Newsflash...I already knew this.

I hope and pray the former President is comfortable and not in any pain. It is in God's hands.

-- Posted by Reasoning on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 1:19 PM

"Justice demands that Mr. Shapley Hunter be honored by a mass speakout forum condemnation of a handful of jackasses on twitter!"

I've asked for no action on your part, nor on that of any other. If your conscience compels you to do so, then that is your business.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 1:49 PM

Does one have to be a Twitt to have a Twitter account?

Common, I am very well aware that all liberals are not the same.

I know that there are conservative liberals, sensible liberals, normal liberals, mind numb liberals, over-the-top liberals, wild-eyed liberals, wacko liberals and even some bad liberals. And then there are the liberals on these forums witch have no class isfication! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 7:11 PM

Seeing as we taxpayers are footing HWs hospital bill, does that make him a "Taker"?

-- Posted by riregrist on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 8:55 PM

What makes you think he doesn't have private insurance?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:19 PM

What makes you think he doesn't have private insurance?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 9:19 PM

Shapley does not need defending. His writing is its own defense. He is one of the best contributors to this forum. Others would do well to write and think as well in their discourses.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:00 PM

As a former representative of Texas to the House he is by Texas law given a pension and health care provided by the state. As an ex-president, he could receive free health care if he is in a military hospital, which is not the case this time. He receives a free overall physical for free annually at Walter Reed.

-- Posted by riregrist on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 2:22 AM

Seeing as we taxpayers are footing HWs hospital bill, does that make him a "Taker"? -- Posted by riregrist on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 8:55 PM

So he held a job and that job gave him health benefits? Like my tenure at Anheuser-Busch gave me health benefits? He is *not* a taker.

A "taker" is someone who pays nothing in and EXPECTS to be compensated for doing nothing. They are also lazy people who have paid some in but rather than work they push for social security disability or unemployment. Able bodied people who could GIVE but would rather TAKE are takers.

Here's a great example for you. I have a relative who is at a remote post in Afghanistan in the Army. In order to communicate with family he must pay $80/month for a low speed connection. Enough speed to chat but not enough to video.

There are millions of TAKERS in this country getting free Obamaphones. Your president has got his voting base to feel that the "rich" owe them free phones and they brag about getting free phones.

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 8:23 AM

"As a former representative of Texas to the House he is by Texas law given a pension and health care provided by the state."

He is offered it, that does not mean necessarily that he takes advantage of it.

But, unless you are a Texan, you're not paying for his health care. Texas is free to extend to Texans whatever benefit they desire.

He's also old enough to qualify for Medicare. That does not automatically mean he takes advantage of it, either.

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 8:47 AM

Voyager,

I'm blushing...

Grazie!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 8:53 AM

Voyager, I'm blushing... Grazie!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 8:53 AM

I certainly agree with the content of his comment, but can't resist pointing out that it is one of a very few times that he has authored a contribution that made sense.

-- Posted by commonsensematters on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 11:47 AM

It would take character to resist and a character not to.

-- Posted by Old John on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 12:11 PM

...blushing all the more.

I hope you all have a very bountiful New Year!

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 12:27 PM

Blushing is sometims called flushing. Or is it that flushing is sometimes called blushing. I forget.

I have never flushed -- it's an out-house thing... ;)

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 2:57 PM

Dang Voy. Good greasing......

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 4:01 PM

Shapley does not need defending. -- Posted by voyager on Thu, Dec 27, 2012, at 10:00 PM

Who is defending Shapley?

-- Posted by Dug on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 5:08 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.