GM finally tells the truth.

Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Tue, Dec 25, 2012, at 2:32 PM:

Replies

I will never buy a Government Motors car. Period.

-- Posted by voyager on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 8:37 AM

Voyager - it's too late for me. All I can say at this point is that I will never again buy another Government Motors vehicle.

On the lighter side - found these two Chrysler commercials from the early 80s with Lee Iacocca. Whatever one may think about what may or may not have really happened - suggest these are commercials that just 'feel good' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nppKMomMP..., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6nmCFTmP...

-- Posted by fxpwt on Fri, Dec 28, 2012, at 6:08 PM
  • I doubt I will be buying a GM or Chrysler product although I was very fond of some of their oldies.

The '55, '66, '77 Chevy, the '91 and '94 Buicks all great vehicles. The '67 Cuda, '69 Charger and '71 Dart were ok, but the '71 Fury was one of the best cars we've had.

I've owned a few Fords, the '66 Mustang the poorest and the '67 T-Bird the best.

It is time for us to upgrade to a newer slightly used car and we are thinking Ford, Honda or Hyundai.

-- Posted by Old John on Sat, Dec 29, 2012, at 11:55 PM

Old John,

I almost bought a 53 Nash Rambler with all of the goodies including fender skirts and a Continental Kit. It appealed to me but my Dad thought I was crazy. Wasn't anyone in Bollinger County who ever had seen one. If it wasn't a Ford or a Chevy, it almost didn't exist. Couple of stray Plymouths and Dodges around.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 12:11 AM
  • There were still a model T Ford hauling a railroad tie strapped to each fender-running board to market in '53. Come to think of it, they were probably cut on a model T powered sawmill.

I think it returned with cheese and wine.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 12:23 AM

Old John,

I believe those ties Mr. Clifton hauled on the old T Model were hewed out with an ax... after they had been sawed down with a cross cut saw.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 12:31 AM
  • Wheels, Yeah I think your right. Sounds like a poor people poor ways story but folks worked hard for very little cash back then while very little cash went a long way.

-- Posted by Old John on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 12:40 AM

Old John,

I still haven't closed shop and would like to comment on the wine and cheese thing. Yes, I do believe that would have been about par for the course. Mr and Mrs. C. had wine and cheese parties before they became a fashionable thing with the jet set. Good night.

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Sun, Dec 30, 2012, at 12:45 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration: