Speak Out: NASA on a crusade to debunk 2012 apocalypse myths

Posted by blogbudsman on Tue, Nov 10, 2009, at 10:32 AM:

The world is not coming to an end on December 21, 2012, the US space agency insisted Monday in a rare campaign to dispel widespread rumors fuelled by the Internet and a new Hollywood movie.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.d1a7d73018336ea872c383a980ddb006.5a1...

"There is no factual basis for these claims," NASA said in a question-and-answer posting on its website.

Shucks, I was hoping total annihilation would save us from the Democrats. Guess we better all get out and vote.

Replies (10)

• It only will happen if Obama is regretably re-elected (assuming by that time he can even get the nomination).

Not get the nomination, you cry out in horror and disbelief? Well, remember Lyndon B. Johnson...... So it could happen

-- Posted by voyager on Tue, Nov 10, 2009, at 11:43 AM
  • Sounds like NASA wants more tax dollars. Hold off on the crusade boys, if it's such a myth...we don't need to spend $100 Million debunking it.

BTW...anyone interesting in paying me $10,000 to prove snipes don't exist?

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Wed, Nov 11, 2009, at 7:38 AM
  • Well, lets all join Ego on the Emerson Bridge and march over into Illinois which will be a good simulation of annihilation before the resurrection following the regeneration.

Don't ask. I don't know what it means.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 11, 2009, at 12:12 PM
  • Don't ask. I don't know what it means.

-- Posted by voyager on Wed, Nov 11, 2009, at 12:12 PM

Hmmm, does that mean I'm not going to get proof?

-- Posted by Have_Wheels_Will_Travel on Wed, Nov 11, 2009, at 12:20 PM
  • darn, I hate when I agree with Ego

-- Posted by Skeptic1 on Wed, Nov 11, 2009, at 4:08 PM
  • Poor Ike, you suppose we should supply him with those multiple proofs that he exists or do you think we should turn him over to argue the matter with St. Thomas Aquinas?

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 12, 2009, at 12:14 AM
  • Wheels, afraid not. I'm going to have to ask you to accept it on blind faith.

Me too, Badmomma, but even a blind hog can root up a nut from time to time. You know, one that can yield a small kernel of truth occasionally.

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 12, 2009, at 12:28 AM
  • Doesn't it strike any of you as being a bit strange? Ego complains about a measily $100 million for NASA but doesn't have a care in the world about the momential waste of Trillions for ObamaCare. Incomprehensible!!!

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 12, 2009, at 9:36 AM
  • NASA? Yeah right, like I'm going to believe NASA. These are the same guys that say we landed on the moon back in the 60's!

Sorry, that was too tempting to pass up.

-- Posted by Lumpy on Thu, Nov 12, 2009, at 7:22 PM
  • "Doesn't it strike any of you as being a bit strange? Ego complains about a measily $100 million for NASA but doesn't have a care in the world about the momential waste of Trillions for ObamaCare. Incomprehensible!!!"

-- Posted by voyager on Thu, Nov 12, 2009, at 9:36 AM

Soyager, exercising your fiscal "conservatism" again.

I've finally figured this out. Anything that "helps" the taxpayers, Republicons are against, anything that's stupid, frivolous, and self-serving, you guys back.

Example:

1. Can't afford $20,000 Fireworks for the Taypayers of Cape Girardeau, but CAN spend $100,000 on a couple of men in tights on bicycles and making Kinder look good.

2. Can afford hundreds of thousands of waste for Commander Premier, MUST raise taxes on ALL the citizenry to pay for it.

Typical Capitalistic, Neo-conic, Communistic, Wealth-redistribution. Give 100% of wealth, to 10%of the population.

-- Posted by Egotistical_Bigot on Fri, Nov 13, 2009, at 10:15 AM

Respond to this thread