[SeMissourian.com] Fair ~ 89°F  
Heat Advisory
Friday, Aug. 22, 2014
Post reply Read replies (46) More threads Create thread

The President Doesn't Want To Fix The Problem:
Posted by bbollmann on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 6:12 AM:

It's pretty simple. Your income is $230,000. Your bills are $380,000. You can't fix your problem by increasing your wages by $8,200.

This is what the President is fighting for. In the face of $150,000 of unpaid bills, he's trying to raise taxes by $8,200 and making no concrete proposals to cut spending

Now, just multiply by $10,000,000

He has no interest in solving the problem; he simply is dividing the country.

Just multiply these figures

Name one program / cut the President has proposed.

Replies

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. Obamanomics is simply warfare on prosperity. It didn't work for Carter then, it is destroying us now.

-- Posted by jadip4me on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 9:25 AM

I've been saying this for weeks. He is the most clueless person to hold this office. He is campaigning for weeks trying to shift the blame - not solve the problem.

And you're right - he doesn't want to solve the problem. He wants all the money from everyone. Even "main street" (I hate that term). He wants the revenue and will delay any sequestration "cuts" for years with executive order.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:26 AM

The first 3 major planks of the marxist platform are:

1. "Abolition of private property in land and application of all rents of land to public purpose" - taking all the taxes they can then redistributing them for free housing, free food, etc. is an abolition of your private property (wages) for public purpose.

2. "A heavy progressive or graduated income tax" - Obama's clear economic plan and demand to tax the 2% higher.

3. "Abolition of all rights of inheritance" - currently you can protect the first $5 million of an inheritance free of federal taxes. On January 1st that reverts to just $1 million of inheritance protected and the rest of your estate will be taxed at 50%.

As Obama said in his own words - literally - "I chose my friends carefully.... my Marxist professors". Surprised? Shouldn't be. This has been known about him for years.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:34 AM

"Name one program / cut the President has proposed."

Educational spending(in particular financial aid) and NEA spending have both been cut compared to what it was under the last couple years of Bush. Iraq War spending has been greatly reduced from a high of 142 billion in 2008 to just 10 billion in 2012. Afganistan War spending did spike under Obamas first couple years, but at least that has finally declined in 2012 and should continue to decline assuming Obama doesn't invade Syria or Iran.

No politician regardless of party is truly going to cut overall spending. Even the biggest talkers about spending cuts just draw up 10 year plans with all their proposed cuts pushed out to years 5-10 to avoid any responsibility for making immediate cuts. If they do push to cut a particular program it is only to make room for funding some new pet project they have.

-- Posted by Nil on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 11:23 AM

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:25 PM

As Obama said in his own words - literally - "I chose my friends carefully.... my Marxist professors". Surprised? Shouldn't be. This has been known about him for years.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:34 AM

And taken out of context. Makes everything else you said suspect. Your side lost - own it!

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:50 PM

Hmmm, on the brighter side - the Missouri debt clock seems to be heading in the right direction

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-cl...

-- Posted by fxpwt on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 7:27 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:50 PM

You live in a state that is controlled by Republicans in the senate, house and 6 of 8 US reps are republican. You lost.

Nothing out of context. Watch the video. ANd you claim you are an educator? I hope to God you aren't. You are out of context.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 8:41 PM

Video Dug? You mean there's a video of Obama's book? And I don't "claim" to be an educator Dug. Huh - I thought we were talking about the presidental election ..and you are a sore loser Dug. Own it!

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 9:44 PM

"ANd" you claim to have "students".

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 9:45 PM

So you've heard him in his own words and yet you lie for him again.

I thought you said you were leaving this site? Another lie?

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:01 PM

Book. Do you have a comprehension problem Dug? Like I said - you took what President Obama wrote out of context - writing about his time in college. Own it - you did it!

Never said I wouldn't check back - prove it if I did. "you can't" (I quoted one of your favorite remarks). Of course you know all about lies - how are those "students" of yours? Own it!

-- Posted by Username1 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:37 PM

"The President Doesn't Want To Fix The Problem:"

Does this mean he ain't going to resign and take a job in the private sector?

Ok, disregard that, he has no resume for private sector. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:48 PM

You took what Obama SAID and spun it. Google and check yourself in his own audio. He chose his friends carefully - including his marxist professors. Sounds like you might be one. If you are really a teacher around young white male children. Scary.

-- Posted by Dug on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 11:27 PM

From all you negative posters it is hard to see Obama won the last election. You're gonna gripe for 4 years. Amazing.

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 6:16 AM

I didn't spin anything. A teacher, Dug, would not take it out of context, unless he/she was trying to prove that you can mislead by taking it out of context. My young male students would understand that, even if you can't. Own it!

BTW - I chose my friends carefully - didn't you? Isn't that what our parents encouraged us to do?

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 6:56 AM

"Educational spending(in particular financial aid) and NEA spending have both been cut compared to what it was under the last couple years of Bush."

Where do you find those figures?

I show $56 billion for the Department of Education in FY2008 vs. $79 billion for FY2012.

The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (The Stimulus Bill), which was created and passed by Mr. Obama and the Democrats, among other things included a $500 increase in the maximum Pell Grant for 2009-10, a $700 increase in the Hope Scholarship tax credit from $1,800 to $2,500, and additional Federal Work-Study funding and $200 million in AmeriCorps funding.

This may show up on the fiscal FY2009 spending, which the Democrats like to attribute to President Bush, but it is Mr. Obama's spending, not Mr. Bush's

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 8:33 AM

http://mercatus.org/publication/despite-...

"From 1930 to 2012, tax revenue has never topped 20.9 percent of GDP, and over those 82 years, it averaged 16.5 percent of GDP. Since 1981, it has remained below 19 percent on average (see dotted blue line).

"In stark contrast, the rate of income taxation on the highest-earning Americans has fluctuated dramatically--from 25 percent of income in 1930 to 92 percent of income in the early 1950s. In spite of these fluctuations in the top marginal rates, the amounts that the federal government has collected have remained flat.

"It is spending, not revenue, that has deviated from its historical path. Spending must be addressed to rectify the ailing budget."

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 8:51 AM

-- Posted by Dexterite1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 6:16 AM

I'm not griping, I'm celebrating the republican wins this past November with their domination of state governments and holding of the US House.. You however blamed Bush for 4 years of Obama's presidency. Now THAT is whining, griping, whatever a liberal democrat would call it.

Looks like your union friends lost in Michigan.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:00 AM

-- Posted by username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 6:56 AM

Obama said "I choose my friends carefully... my marxist professors". Comprehension isn't your strong suit.

You still here? You said you were leaving this site.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:01 AM

Obama said "I choose my friends carefully... my marxist professors". Comprehension isn't your strong suit.

You still here? You said you were leaving this site.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:01 AM

Out of context again. And why don't you fill in the part between "carefully" and "my"? Hmmm.

Dug, I believe I said moving on and checking in from time to time, but prove me wrong if you can. And as long as you're making those dumb comments and spreading misinformation, I'll respond when I feel like it. You're kind of entertaining in the same way Beck and Limbaugh are entertaining.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 12:38 PM

-- Posted by username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 12:38 PM

I don't need to compare you to anyone else. You are unique in your entertainment. Maddow/Schultz/Chris "tingle up the leg" don't compare to you.

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 12:42 PM

So why did you? LOL

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:03 PM

And you didn't prove me wrong. So you lied AGAIN. I hope you are not a businessman, because if you do it here, you'll do it there.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:14 PM

"I chose my friends carefully. The politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors." (p. 100) of the book and in his own voice in the audio version of his book.

Blanks are filled in. Kinda sucks to be you and wrong once again doesn't it? There it is in black and white (although you don't like that color). I'll pull a Spaniard and call you a "LYING liar" - or something like that.

Give us a date when your are "Moving on from this site".

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 1:24 PM

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and punk-rock performance poets."

Dug, you do know Obama was talking about his bi-racial background when he wrote of that time in college, don't you? Trying to find a way to fit in with others. You do know how things were for someone of his background 50 years ago? Context matters Dug. Perhaps you don't know as much as you think you do.

If you don't like reading what I write Dug - skip it or leave the site yourself. Otherwise deal with it.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:41 PM

Context matters Dug. -- Posted by username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:41 PM

Context sure does matter. I didn't know that "marxist" was a race. Biracial? What the **** are you talking about?

You accuse me of not knowing much and then you claim his selection of his marxist professors as friends was somehow related to his "biracial"ness?

I don't plan to leave the site and never said I would. Only you said you were leaving. Still here?

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 3:44 PM

Dug, are you just trying to be stupid or are you just stupid? I said it had to so with fitting in.

Dug, because of you, I've changed my mind - I'm staying. WOOT WOOT!!! I'll need to check in from time to time just to keep up with your lies.

-- Posted by Username1 on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 4:53 PM

Now you're embarrassing yourself even more. You're saying he chose his marxist professors to "fit in"? Now I know the type of illiterate spinners that support this man. You are a perfect example of why this country is in so much trouble. You take a direct statement from Obama himself - both written and verbally - and claim he chose his marxist professors to fit in? That's hilarious!

I'm glad you're not leaving. Peeling the layers off the Sue Lynn onion gets better every day. "I said it had to do with fitting in"?

LOL!

-- Posted by Dug on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 4:59 PM

Ok, disregard that, he has no resume for private sector. :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:48 PM

Yes he does. He was once a ice cream dipper.

-- Posted by We Regret To Inform U on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 7:27 PM

The president is too busy with other things to fix the problem. http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas...

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:55 PM

The president's men have many big things to work on. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/U...

-- Posted by Old John on Wed, Dec 12, 2012, at 9:57 PM

Dug - you are just stupid.

-- Posted by Username1 on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 12:53 AM

"Wise men never argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who"?

-- Posted by Shapley Hunter on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 6:33 AM

Dug - you are just stupid. -- Posted by username1 on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 12:53 AM

You've lost the argument and resorted to more name calling. I hope you don't take it out on the Korean, Mexican, Chinese, Maltese, Bolivian and Russian kids in your class. By the way, where did you say you teach? Cooter, MO? Tell Dexterite1 "hello".

-- Posted by Dug on Thu, Dec 13, 2012, at 8:02 AM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.