[SeMissourian.com] Overcast ~ 37°F  
River stage: 14.42 ft. Falling
Wednesday, Nov. 26, 2014
Post reply Read replies (13) More threads Create thread

Browsers
Posted by BCStoned on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:17 AM:

Wheels, I had trouble with Explorer hanging up, then I tried Chrome. Chrome had the same problems. They both usually time out searching for an advertisements.

I now use Mozilla Firefox. It runs faster and smoother. It appears to have its house in order.

Bollinger County Ann Landers

Replies

Wheels,

I like both Firefox and Chrome, don't think you would go wrong with either. Plus there are utilities like Ad Blocker and Ad Blocker Plus that you can download which will block most of the annoying ads on your screen.

-- Posted by DADES on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 10:55 AM

Wheels, I think DADES is right about Firefox and Chrome. They do offer better protection than IE9. Chrome does stumble sometimes. I definitely like Firefox.

-- Posted by BCStoned on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 11:13 AM

Wheels just push any button and hold on because it will change direction tomorrow, just like facebook those kids tinker with these networks every day they cannot leave nothing alone. If it is not broke don't fix it leave it alone. Now, I understand Internet Explorer had a dispute with Google and ATT had a dispute with Live Mail which is owned by Microsoft hell they all were in to it there for a while I had to go to Yahoo mail which is part of ATT because ATT stopped everybody Live Mail one morning it was a mess. Turf battles in the cyber world.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Mon, Dec 10, 2012, at 2:25 PM

swampeastmissouri;

I'm all the time being told to push any button to make certain things happen. I've looked all over that darn keyboard and can't find an "any" button on it!

-- Posted by Data48 on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 4:46 AM

Keys on keyboard how is that Data48. No button, key's.

-- Posted by swampeastmissouri on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 5:35 AM

The slowest thing on my computer is me.

Took me two years to figure out what a browser is. In five year old terms, so far so good with chrome and 7. The big problem I have is the back key on these forums. If only you all knew what brilliant posts you have missed because my back arrow ate them! :)

-- Posted by Old John on Tue, Dec 11, 2012, at 10:40 PM

Respond to this thread

Posting a comment requires free registration. If you already have an account , enter your username and password below. Otherwise, click here to register.

Username:

Password:  (Forgot your password?)

Your comments:
Please be respectful of others and try to stay on topic.

Want to comment?

In order to participate in semissourian.com's forums, you must be a registered member of the site. Once registered and logged in, you can post comments to existing threads or post new threads of your own. Click below to register now (it's free!). If you're already registered, just start commenting and posting threads.